PDA

View Full Version : Who MUST go?

MarvLevy
12-28-2008, 11:19 PM
1. Rian Lindell..so sick of this guy. he should have been gone 2-3 years ago. he is not dependable fg's or kickoffs

2. Robert Royal..not a starting TE ..talks a lot of crap on the field and doesnt back it up

3. Duke Preston..too many mistakes from this guy. and after that scuffle at the half that cost us a fg attempt, he's gotta go.

4. JP Losman..not an NFL QB PERIOD. thanks tom donahoe. get a backup(or shall i say STARTER in here) who is capable and not an instant sack

5. Angelo Crowell..do i have to explain?

VeggieMan14
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Fowler
Preston
JP
Royal
And a couple ST guys they take up roster spots

trapezeus
12-28-2008, 11:23 PM
man, Marv. I wish you felt that way when you were the GM of the team. :-)

1. Rian Lindell - misses every other clutch kick
2. Robert Royal - drops every other pass
3. Duke Preston - snaps every other snap up his ass
4. Losman - claims that the next game is going to be his best.
5. schobe; - gets a sack every other meaningless game to pad his stats

Romes
12-28-2008, 11:27 PM
I'd put Denney and Kelsay on the list if it were possible to revamp the DE position in one off-season.

Mitchell55
12-28-2008, 11:30 PM
1. Losman
2. Kelsay
3. Royal
4. Ellison
5. McGee- im sorry but i honestly cant stand him anymore.

MarvLevy
12-28-2008, 11:30 PM
DEFINITELY. they were invisible the entire year.

maybe I should change the thread to "who should we keep"? lol

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Only 5?

I'm not sure if I can narrow it down that much...

1. Ellison
2. Fowler
3. Ko Simpson
4. Robert Royal
5. Duke Preston

I left off Losman because he's obviously gone, not only here but the league.

Mitchell55
12-28-2008, 11:34 PM
DEFINITELY. they were invisible the entire year.

maybe I should change the thread to "who should we keep"? lol

1. Jackson
2. Crow
3. Chambers
4. Duke- Depth
5. Hamdan

Owen DeBoard
12-28-2008, 11:36 PM
man, Marv. I wish you felt that way when you were the GM of the team. :-)

1. Rian Lindell - misses every other clutch kick
2. Robert Royal - drops every other pass
3. Duke Preston - snaps every other snap up his ass
4. Losman - claims that the next game is going to be his best.
5. schobe; - gets a sack every other meaningless game to pad his stats
Wow you would get rid of Schobel before Kellsay. Good thing your not callin the shots around here. Kellsay always over persues the qb and the qb gets away from him.

LtFinFan66
12-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Only 5?

1. Ellison
2. Fowler
3. Ko Simpson
4. Robert Royal
5. Duke Preston

I left off Losman because he's obviously gone, not only here but the league.JP will have no problem landing a back-up job in the NFL

ServoBillieves
12-28-2008, 11:38 PM
1. JP Losman
2. Chris Kelsay
3. Duke Preston
4. Justin Jenkins
5. Dick Jauron.

MarvLevy
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
1. Losman
2. Kelsay
3. Royal
4. Ellison
5. McGee- im sorry but i honestly cant stand him anymore.

so u dont mind Lindell staying?

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
JP will have no problem landing a back-up job in the NFL

JP will have no problem landing the chance to be a backup somewhere...he'll just fail miserably like always.

Let me ask you this...

If you didn't have Henne waiting in the wings, would you want Losman as your backup?

MarvLevy
12-28-2008, 11:40 PM
JP will have no problem landing a back-up job in the NFL

i feel sorry for that team...

MarvLevy
12-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I know im gonna get killed, but I wouldnt mind seeing Trent Edwards hit the road..

After every play, the guy comes up limping. He is soft and very injury-prone...

Sorry lol

OpIv37
12-28-2008, 11:51 PM
1. Robert Royal
2. Aaron Schobel
3. Chris Kelsay
4. John McCargo
5. Ko Simpson

And I'm just getting warmed up...

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I know im gonna get killed, but I wouldnt mind seeing Trent Edwards hit the road..

Sorry lolyea.....letts just get rid of everyone and start over like an expansion team....getting rid of our future is a GREAT idea good thinking!!

Ingtar33
12-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Only 5?

1. Ellison
2. Fowler
3. Ko Simpson
4. Robert Royal
5. Duke Preston

I left off Losman because he's obviously gone, not only here but the league.

that's my list

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 11:59 PM
keep Ellison as a backup

OpIv37
12-28-2008, 11:59 PM

Sorry lol

It's tough to respond to this. I think Trent has shown some promise but he's also shown some severe limitations. The problem is that the coaching blows and the talent around him blows, so it's tough to tell if it's Trent himself or if it's the lack of support.

I want to keep him for at least one more year and try to give him more tools.

trapezeus
12-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow you would get rid of Schobel before Kellsay. Good thing your not callin the shots around here. Kellsay always over persues the qb and the qb gets away from him.

schobel/kelsay and denney are the same player. if one of them goes, they all go. Schobel was at least decent statwise for several years. he got the double teams, but at his cost and his level of play he has to go first.

Then we have to draft a Stud DE and pick up a DE. if kelsay wants to stay in the three spot for one more year fine. Denney. Having him on the team or not having him on the team is the exact same thing.

ServoBillieves
12-29-2008, 12:01 AM
1. Robert Royal
2. Aaron Schobel
3. Chris Kelsay
4. John McCargo
5. Ko Simpson

And I'm just getting warmed up...

Lol, spot on. Ko is good depth though, Kelsay is a ghost on the field, Royal has flashes but isn't consistent, and I forgot McCargo was on the team.

Who we NEED to keep, as referenced above, I'll say here. In reference to players who could be cut out.

1. Steve Johnson
2. Anthony Hargrove
3. Bryan Scott
4. John DiGiorgio
5. Fred Jackson

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Lol, spot on. Ko is good depth though, Kelsay is a ghost on the field, Royal has flashes but isn't consistent, and I forgot McCargo was on the team.

Who we NEED to keep, as referenced above, I'll say here. In reference to players who could be cut out.

1. Steve Johnson
2. Anthony Hargrove
3. Bryan Scott
4. John DiGiorgio
5. Fred Jackson

the only one I disagree with is Hargrove, because he's such a headcase.

Johnson has shown a lot of promise. Scott is leagues ahead of Simpson. DiGiorgio is the best depth we have at LB since Crowell is most likely gone. And Jackson is almost a necessity in a league that all but requires RB by committee.

jimbohastle51
12-29-2008, 12:15 AM
the players that are scheduled to still be under contract for us that i wouldnt want out are: (cant use guys like JP cause he is a free agent anyways and there is no way a few of are free agents to be are coming back)

1) robert royal - cant even believe he is still on the roster... should of been gone two years ago!
2) chris kelsay - i know he has a high motor and can stop the run and thats great and all but we need pass rushers not 4 DE's that get 5 million a year to be high motor guys
3) keith ellison - i know some of you guys say no no no we need him for depth but seriously have you watched him play?? not only has he been a big weak link that often times bad our other 2 linebackers look bad but he is WAY to undersized to play his position, he was a saftey in college and not a great one at that and we already have enough safties.
4) ko simpson - he was a pure flat out stud in college and now he is not even worth putting in on quarter coverages. and it is pretty obvious that donte will be spending next year at free saftey, especially if jauron is back because the SS isnt working out and if he doesnt go to FS he will be a complete bust and another chip on jaurons shoulder for the front office to point out.
5) ashton youboty - here is a prime example of a guy that had a great college career and all the tools and has even showed flashes, but my friends it is a little too late. between all the injuries and waiting until he knew he was going to be cut or traded to step it up he is done and i am not sure if he has 1 year left our we still own his rights as a RFA but either way this guy needs to go, he has been a waste of a roster spot on our 53 man roster.

thenry20
12-29-2008, 02:10 AM
1. Rian Lindell..so sick of this guy. he should have been gone 2-3 years ago. he is not dependable fg's or kickoffs

2. Robert Royal..not a starting TE ..talks a lot of crap on the field and doesnt back it up

3. Duke Preston..too many mistakes from this guy. and after that scuffle at the half that cost us a fg attempt, he's gotta go.

4. JP Losman..not an NFL QB PERIOD. thanks tom donahoe. get a backup(or shall i say STARTER in here) who is capable and not an instant sack

1. Because he missed two FG's? 10-9 and 10-0 is still a loss either way.

2. I agree.

3. Amen! and take the stupidly re-signed Butler with you.

4. He's a backup and a FA so why even ***** here?

5. I liked him but he won't be back. He should take Ellison with him.

On a side note, Dockery played horribly this year as did Peters and I hope we don't extend our PBer this offseason. He didn't earn anything IMHO.

topher180
12-29-2008, 03:04 AM
yea.....letts just get rid of everyone and start over like an expansion team....getting rid of our future is a GREAT idea good thinking!!

In terms of Trent, I understand where you are coming from. But c'mon dude, "future". Isn't this building for the future BS the same line we've been hearing the last umpteen years? So who is so undeniably valuable on this team? Can you name 5 guys that I should even care about? Okay, what about 10?

THAT folks, is a bi product of the acceptance of mediocrity that occurs with this city and franchise. The NFL is a very mediocre leauge and you need look no further than the Falcons or Fins to see what can happen in a year's time. If you WANT to win, you need a stable QB and (big shock) FOOTBALL PEOPLE to run your FOOTBALL OPERATIONS!Pretty simple!

Most of that had nothing to do with BILLSROCK's post, just lit the fuse. Sorry....

patmoran2006
12-29-2008, 06:49 AM

In response to your list, Crowell is already a FA and probably has as little interest returning as we do bringing him back. Same with Losman. And Preston should be kept, as experienced backup depth at C and G.

Here is my TOP five, and there should be more than just these 5, BTW.

1- CHris Kelsay- $6 mill+ per year is a joke for his production, and he's not even better than Denney. We need a real pass rushing DE, I think that's priority number ONE this offseason.

2- Robert Royal- I'm long sick of his inconsistent hands. Edwards likes going to the TE and throwing short, safe passes way too much to entrust this guy.

3- Any backup LB who "specializes" in ST play. We got lucky this year, we were a single LB injury away from having Corto or Costanzo on the field in our regular defense. They're not good enough.

4- Roscoe Parrish- Incredible punt returner. Incredibly over-rated and over-paid 4th WR. Reed showed alot this year, Johnson surprised a lot this year and you have to try and develop Hardy. SOmeone has to go, and given his salary and lack of plays in his career at WR, it should be him. Unless you think its OK to have a guy who's a 4th WR at best with a cap figure of over $4 million.

5- Ko Simpson- He's been useless all year. Whitner and SCott are the starters and pretty much anybody could take Simpson's place as a backup.

** Note ** Depending on what the cap figures were, I'd also get rid of DOckery, but I'm also just willing to write him off as having a brutal 2008 and hope he plays better next year.

DynaPaul
12-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Losman, Royal, Fowler, Kelsay, Ellison

billsfanone
12-29-2008, 09:20 AM
I'd add Schobel and Poz.

Yasgur's Farm
12-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Reallity... According to our FA list...

1- JP Losman<o:p></o:p>
2- Melvin Fowler
3- Jabari Greer<o:p></o:p>
4- George Wilson
5- Copeland Bryan

PS- I believe both Schobel and Kelsay will be gone as well.

jamze132
12-29-2008, 09:45 AM
so u dont mind Lindell staying?
Why would we mind him staying? Who is going to be better to replace him? For the most part, he has been money...

mysticsoto
12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
1. Dick Jauron - coaching has been the biggest reason for our decline after our 5-1 start!!!

2. Chris Kelsay - can't believe we re-upped him and kept him when he was such crap before. Totally useless waste of a roster spot and drain of money!

3. Robert Royal - Schouman and Fine have looked okay. They're not studs but serviceable and cheap.

4. Ko Simpson - has not developed and is a liability out there.

5. Jason Whittle - Over 30 and injured every year...

Many are automatically gone that would be on the list: JP, Fowler, Preston, and a few others...

X-Era
12-29-2008, 09:53 AM

Easy:

Losman
Folwer
Crowell
McCargo
Royal

yordad
12-29-2008, 09:54 AM
"Go" as in "go" off the team, or "go" out of the starting lineup? Alot of these guys can stay on for depth, but I guess that knocks a couple roll players off the team.

1). JP is going no matter what.
2). Fowler needs to take a hike.
3). Preston is as dumb as a cow.
4). Whittle is as injured as a snake on the highway all the time.
5). Dockery is WAY over paid, and should be friggin straight cut.

and I will go on....

6). Simpson needs to find a seat at the bottom of the depth chart.
7). Ellison needs to find a seat at the bottom of the depth chart.
8). Kelsey should be cut. He too is way over paid.
9). McIntyre blows.
10). Royal shouldn't be good enough to make this team, but probably will be again as we continue to ignore this need.

Also, I have no idea why people would want to let Crowell leave.