PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Exclusive: OpIv37's Post Game Review

shelby
12-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Forget my usual format. It's free-form ranting today.

A disgusting end to a disappointing season. And hopefully the end of the tenure for a disappointing coach.

Many things went wrong today, but it all starts at the top. The mismanagement of the clock at the end of the first half, the chicken running play called with the wind at Buffalo's back before Lindell's field goal attempt, passing on 4th and short not once but TWICE (after losing the Jets game for making the same mistake)...

Meanwhile, Bellicheck used timeouts to conserve time with the wind at his back, made a brilliant play call with the Cassell QB draw, made another brilliant call with the pooch punt, etc. He put on a clinic against Jauron yet again.

On top of that, the Patriots have a whole litany of players on IR, including their star QB, and a good portion of their starting D didn't even make the trip to Buffalo. Last year, many people gave Jauron credit for getting to 7-9 "under the circumstances." Well, under similar circumstances, Bellicheck got 11 wins. At the very least, he kept them in the hunt until the late games on the last Sunday of the season. So, there's another myth to dispel: Jauron's 2007 season was not "good considering the circumstances." It was typical Jauron mediocrity.

And now we're 7-9 for the 3rd consecutive year. We went 0-6 the division and beat exactly ZERO winning teams. The Pats extended their winning streak against us to 11, and Jauron is 0-6 against Bellicheck. Even the attendance was embarrassing, and at the end it sounded like more people were rooting for the Pats than the Bills.

more... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/12/29/opiv37s_post_game_review.php)

Dujek
12-29-2008, 06:01 AM
To be fair, the Broncos had a winning record when we beat them...

Other than that, yeah, that was embarassing yesterday. I thought Edwards played OK considering the conditions 14/25 for 168 yards playing in a gale isn't exactly sucking. And you can't really blame him for the fumble, on a 3 step drop you think you'll have time to throw the ball and your line won't let the defense blow past them.

Jackson was nothing short of brilliant, which no doubt means he's gone to someone willing to pay him in the offseason.

Jauron needs fired today. Preferably from a cannon straight into the middle of Lake Ontario.

mybills
12-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Meanwhile, Bellicheck used timeouts to conserve time with the wind at his back
Jauron did that, too.

I'm thinking about become a ref and only working at games where NE plays. :$:

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Meanwhile, Bellicheck used timeouts to conserve time with the wind at his back
Jauron did that, too.

I'm thinking about become a ref and only working at games where NE plays. :$:

Only Bellicheck did it effectively. We tried to do it when it was too late, then our sorry-ass D allowed them to drive and kill the rest of the time we had with the wind at our backs.

trapezeus
12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
your best work of the season. You are absolutely correct that the bills can not do anything in the clutch and that removes about 90% of the joy of watching the game.

I feel like an old haggered man watching these games. I predict the plays three seconds before it happens and my friends who like other teams are like, "wow, how did you know that would happen." Andmy response is always the same. "I watch the film once. I pick up on tendancies. 4th and 1, they throw. 3rd and forever, they run the delay. No imagination."

I feel like I'm hooked up to the matrix and just watching these games braindead. Why are we forced to have to deal with this.

The last buffalo fan
12-29-2008, 10:46 AM
:bf1: Opi!