• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Bill Parcells' contract clause

Parcells has a 1 time clause in his contract that if the owner was to sell the team, he has 90 days to take the remainder of his contract (9 million) and walk.

The Dolphins are being sold this week.

Just saying...
    www.blzbus.com
  • Mike13
    • Aug 2005

Re: Bill Parcells' contract clause

Sid Rosenburg said that Ross had dinner with Parcells and pretty much told him that "money is no object and this team is yours"

He's not going anywhere.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

They are being sold during a Playoff week?
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Parcells is selling tickets in a crappy fanbase. I doubt the new owner wants to part with that.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

So,
          1. The Dolphins would have to get sold
          2. Parcells would have to leave Miami, either by his decision or the decision of the new owner
          3. Ralph would have to shell out to get him.

Yeah, it's not going to happen.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• first&goal
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by yordad
            They are being sold during a Playoff week?
            Was already an agreement in place between Huzienga and the new owner Ross.
            Huzienga did sold already to Ross 95% of the Dolphins, the only thing that still missing is when all this is going to be effective. According to some South Florida newspaper the deal will be close one week after the Dolphins last game.
            Yes the contract clause would allow Parcell to walk with the reminder (9 mill) when Huzienga finalize the sell, but doesnt suggest that Parcell will not stay with the Dolphins.
            Personally I feel that he will stay in Miami.

Comment

• Bling
              • Jul 2004

He should cash out. Then he can resign with the team. He's doing what he wants, and he's within range of his summer house. I don't see why he would leave the project now, but he has the right to cash out.

Comment

• billogic99
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Parcells is selling tickets in a crappy fanbase. I doubt the new owner wants to part with that.
                Crappy fans base? I think when the Dolphins had Marino their fanbase was one of the best in the league. I hardly think anyone expexcts fans to buy tickets for a team that wins just 1 game. Bill fans were non existent in Toronto when ticket prices were high. Easy to go to a Bills game when they have the lowest ticket price in the league by far!!! I don't think having cheap ticket prices makes fans great fans, it just makes going to watch a bad team a lot more acceptable, that and being the only thing there is to do in Buffalo on Sunday. You think Bill fans would be better fans if they had one of the highest ticket prices in the league and 85 degree temps and beaches in every direction? I seriously doubt it.

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by billogic99
                  Crappy fans base? I think when the Dolphins had Marino their fanbase was one of the best in the league. I hardly think anyone expexcts fans to buy tickets for a team that wins just 1 game. Bill fans were non existent in Toronto when ticket prices were high. Easy to go to a Bills game when they have the lowest ticket price in the league by far!!! I don't think having cheap ticket prices makes fans great fans, it just makes going to watch a bad team a lot more acceptable, that and being the only thing there is to do in Buffalo on Sunday. You think Bill fans would be better fans if they had one of the highest ticket prices in the league and 85 degree temps and beaches in every direction? I seriously doubt it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billogic99
                    the fins are one of the most fairweathered fanbase. It's common knowledge. Their stadium hasn't been a homefield advantage for years now.

Point is, Parcells is starting to win them back.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Seventeen&0
                      six&10
                      • Apr 2005

I heard on ESPN that it's a 30 day/one time clause starting tomorrow. I personally think that Parcells isn't going anywhere. This is his first gig as a GM and he, reportedly, loves Miami (the city). He's running things his way, what else could you want? IMO the new owner, Ross, will re-work a deal for him to stay at least another year.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Why would he leave? You are kidding, right?

The key is, he gets paid his full contract. So he walks away from the Dolphins and keeps $16M for one year's work. Then, he farms himself out to the highest bidder and makes an even bigger killing after what he did in Miami this season.

Let's not be silly. Parcells is a great football guy, but he has always been about money and ego for him. To think he will feel any more loyalty to the Dolphins than he did to the Giants, Patriots, Jets or Cowboys is stupid.

Comment

• billogic99
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          the fins are one of the most fairweathered fanbase. It's common knowledge. Their stadium hasn't been a homefield advantage for years now.

Point is, Parcells is starting to win them back.
                          Stop it, you are making things up to suit your hate. Fairweather, I remember just this decade seeing Dolphin fans pack Dolphin stadium, Joe Roby, pro player park or whatever it is they're calling it theses days when the Dolphins were winning 10 games a season. Look at SF, that team has a long history of success but their stands are empty right now cause they suck, look at the Rams, the greatest show on turf. You couldn't find a ticket when they were in the playoffs now the seats are empty every week.

I could go non and on, every team has their highs and lows with the fans. However in Buffalo there is nothing else to do except go to a Bills game and they happen to be the cheapest seats in the NFL, why do you think Ralph went north?? And why do you think there were more Dolphin fans in Toronto than Bill fans?? Cause the ticket prices were too high for Bill fans. The avg ticket price in Toronto was equal to box seats at the ralph, Bill fans won't pay 120.00 a seat to see the Bills suck, guaranteed!!! I think you need a reality check.

Comment

• HughC
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Seventeen&0
                            I heard on ESPN that it's a 30 day/one time clause starting tomorrow. I personally think that Parcells isn't going anywhere. This is his first gig as a GM and he, reportedly, loves Miami (the city). He's running things his way, what else could you want? IMO the new owner, Ross, will re-work a deal for him to stay at least another year.
                            I was of the understanding that the clause took effect if/when the team is sold; I didn't think the Dolphins were being sold tomorrow, are they? Also, this is not his first gig as a GM; he held that position with the Jets before working in Dallas.

Is it realistic to expect the Dolphins to continue to improve? I'm not saying Miami will slide back like Cleveland did, but there is a good chance they fall back to 8 or 9 wins next year. Parcells has already proven his worth, turning a one-win team in to an 11-win team in just one season. Does Parcells really want to risk the record turnaround to his legacy, and also walk away from a lump sum payment of $9 million? Don't forget, he has a history of staying only a few years wherever he has been. He can cash out and either go back to broadcasting, or take on another challenge (Detroit, Cleveland, KC, etc.) if he wants, and collect two paychecks.

My prediction is that Parcells will ask for part ownership of the Dolphins to stay, and if he doesn't get it then he walks away with his $9 million.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Report: Parcels "itching" to coach again.

Just listening to WGR and heard a report that Bill Parcels is said to be “itching to coach again” and would leave Miami in the right situation. Considering he has an out in his contract, and if he’s itching to coach again—I have little doubt he’ll be somewhere else on the sidelines in 2009.

But with who? There is no way in hell Ralph is going to pay him enough to come to Buffalo, which sucks because building playoff-calibre teams is his specialty, not to mention he’s been involved with every other AFCE team besides ours.

Where would he go? Cleveland ? St. Louis? Kansas City? The Jets (again) ?

If Parcells became Bills coach and/or GM, the season would probably be sold out in about a hour.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X