PDA

View Full Version : A few more thoughts on Jauron...

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 10:10 AM
First, he hasn't been fired yet, whereas 3 or 4 other coaches have already gotten the boot. At best, this means other teams are getting a head start on their coaching choices AGAIN. At worst, it means we're keeping him. This organization once again shows it's incompetence and is doing its' best to keep the Bills as perennial losers.

Second, how will the players respond? We keep hearing over and over again about Jauron being a "player's coach." If he gets the boot, will they take it as a slight by the FO? I don't think this is enough reason on it's own to keep Jauron, but if he is fired it might be an issue.

yordad
12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
It will be an issue only until our whinny ass players get slapped in the face by a real head coach.

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I think Dick stays. Ralph is too old to start over again. Like OPstated , other teams are already firing their HC's and we're still talking. :rolleyes: I think they are talking about Dicks assistants especially Turk. I hope Dick fights to keep Turk as OC so that Ralph fires him like he did Wade and the supposed reason why Dick was fired from Chicago.

billsfanone
12-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Agreed on first. I think it's a bad sign. I think we're stuck with Dick.

Second. Might be moot, but I guess it would depend on the replacement.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 10:19 AM
If we do get Dicked again for next season, the first thing I'm going to do is create a "Wasted Timeout Tracker" for my sig. I don't know why I didn't think of it for this season.

ddaryl
12-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I will cancel my sunday ticket for next season if Jauron is our coach... I just willnot watse my money on this crap. Love the Bills but I'm not throwing good money down the drain.

T-Long
12-29-2008, 10:28 AM
The Bills brass is going to do what Ralph said they were going to do....meet this week and then come to a decision. Obviously, we will be behind in our search if he does get fired, but this is what Ralph said they were going to do and they are doing just that

Nighthawk
12-29-2008, 10:28 AM
First, he hasn't been fired yet, whereas 3 or 4 other coaches have already gotten the boot. At best, this means other teams are getting a head start on their coaching choices AGAIN. At worst, it means we're keeping him. This organization once again shows it's incompetence and is doing its' best to keep the Bills as perennial losers.

Second, how will the players respond? We keep hearing over and over again about Jauron being a "player's coach." If he gets the boot, will they take it as a slight by the FO? I don't think this is enough reason on it's own to keep Jauron, but if he is fired it might be an issue.

No, I don't think it will matter. They are losers, what are they going to do...lose more? The only thing that could happen is that these guys actually will be held accountable for their actions.

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Obviously, we will be behind in our search if he does get fired,
no we're not. Still plenty of cheap/inexperienced coaches out there without a job.

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I will cancel my sunday ticket for next season if Jauron is our coach... I just willnot watse my money on this crap. Love the Bills but I'm not throwing good money down the drain.
Thats exactly what im gonna do too. I usually go to the Ralph to watch a game a year but I didnt do that this year. Starting to cost way to much money to watch this same old bull**** every year.

Michael82
12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
I have a feeling that they are going to do the same thing they have done before....have a meeting with Dick Jauron. Ask him to fire all his offensive coaches, including the new OC, and maybe even Perry Fewell. Then Dick Jauron will tell him no, so Ralph will say...fine, you're fired! This will happen on Monday next week.

don137
12-29-2008, 11:11 AM

Exactly, me too...Which I never thought I'd see the day that I would cancel my Sunday ticket but Ralph has proven he wants to own a NFL Franchise and not a winning NFL franchise. As a result why should I waste all that money every year to support Ralph.

RockStar36
12-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I have a feeling that they are going to do the same thing they have done before....have a meeting with Dick Jauron. Ask him to fire all his offensive coaches, including the new OC, and maybe even Perry Fewell. Then Dick Jauron will tell him no, so Ralph will say...fine, you're fired! This will happen on Monday next week.

I think Paul Hamilton said the same exact thing this morning. It's Ralphs easy way out.

The last buffalo fan
12-29-2008, 11:24 AM
**** the owner, **** the coaches and **** some of the players too............but I can't and won't quit on my love to the Buffalo Bills. I'm too far to watch live games and it is more expensive to spend every Sunday at local sports bar, than the damn Sunday ticket. :ill:

tat2dmike77
12-29-2008, 11:34 AM
This team has no balls so why even keep dick?

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM
If we get Dicked again, I'm seriously going to consider not renewing my Sunday Ticket. It's a tough choice because I want to watch my team and be able to follow them, but at the same time, why would I spend $350 and all my Sunday afternoons watching something that just makes me disappointed in the end?

Michael82
12-29-2008, 12:03 PM
I will renew my season tickets, because I like the whole experience of going to a game and the tailgating. But that's it. I will stop spending money on Buffalo Bills merchandise and won't buy any concessions or anything like that next year. Hell, Imight even consider parking in the mud lot or somewhere else.

Typ0
12-29-2008, 12:06 PM
we don't need to pick from the creme of the crop anyway...we're looking for crap from the top down. **** flows downstream you know and any competent person wouldn't take a job working for the idiot we have at the top. We're lucky to have Jauron is the truth to it.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 12:07 PM
we don't need to pick from the creme of the crop anyway...we're looking for crap from the top down. **** flows downstream you know and any competent person wouldn't take a job working for the idiot we have at the top. We're lucky to have Jauron is the truth to it.

We're lucky to have Jauron? We have him because no one else wanted him. That's leftovers- not luck.

RockStar36
12-29-2008, 12:29 PM
If we get Dicked again, I'm seriously going to consider not renewing my Sunday Ticket. It's a tough choice because I want to watch my team and be able to follow them, but at the same time, why would I spend $350 and all my Sunday afternoons watching something that just makes me disappointed in the end?

I think you'd be better off spending that money on Center Ice.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I think you'd be better off spending that money on Center Ice.

it's half the price for a hell of a lot more games....

RockStar36
12-29-2008, 12:46 PM
it's half the price for a hell of a lot more games....

Exactly. And even if you only watch the Sabres, it comes out to something like $2 a Sabres game which is worth it....IMO!!!!

Luisito23
12-29-2008, 12:48 PM
So much for Lions' fans...:poop:

Typ0
12-29-2008, 01:23 PM
We're lucky to have Jauron? We have him because no one else wanted him. That's leftovers- not luck.

count your blessings it could still be Mularkey.

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 01:27 PM
count your blessings it could still be Mularkey.
I didnt like Mularkey but in his defense he was the last coach here to beat the Pats and have a winning record.:couch:

Typ0
12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I didnt like Mularkey but in his defense he
was the last coach here to beat the Pats and have a winning record.:couch:

the team got 9 wins against a lot of weak teams just like this year...and he never beat the Pats what are you talking about?

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 02:20 PM
the team got 9 wins against a lot of weak teams just like this year...and he never beat the Pats what are you talking about?
9-7 in this FIRST year it's still better than 7-9 for 3 years and Mularkey never went 0-6 in the division.

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 02:23 PM
You know what your right it wasnt Mularkey it was Williams. Thanks for that out for me. Yeah 9 wins is better than 7 right. I hated having him for a coach but he did have our playoff hopes go all the way to the last game of the season. Thats closer to what we have had with Jauron. Were usually out of it with 3 games remaining.