X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

For All of You Who Want A Coach From The Bellichick Tree

Two of them (Mangini and Crennel) got fired yesterday and I can understand why. They both sucked, so be careful what you wish for.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: For All of You Who Want A Coach From The Bellichick Tree

not all of them are cut out to be HC's. Everyones a crapshoot.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Weis has proven to be pretty mediocre at ND as well. As good as Bellicheck is, he'll never have the Parcells coaching tree.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I agree, Crennel wasn't very good. Mangini wasn't terrible though. He wasn't as brilliant as advertized, but there are far worse coaches.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

If Dick stays, Mangini for OC for sake of disscussion? Too bad Cam Cameron is already taken.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            not all of them are cut out to be HC's. Everyones a crapshoot.
            And thats why I would skip newbies entirely and go to something thats a KNown quantity.

You KNOW Shotty can get a team to the playoffs, you KNOW Billick can as well.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
              And thats why I would skip newbies entirely and go to something thats a KNown quantity.

You KNOW Shotty can get a team to the playoffs, you KNOW Billick can as well.
              I'm not opposed to either. You know Shotty would want full control , would Billick want the same?
              sacrifice1

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

I'm not opposed to either. You know Shotty would want full control , would Billick want the same?
                With less playoff appearances and the way he left the Ravens, he cant demand it... Shotty being more well respected, probably could.

Not that I care if the HC is also the GM... supposedly, that's what Jauron got when Levy left, supposedly, at the very least he got more control.

Parcells supposedly has an itch to be on the sidelines, Id give him every damn thing he wants, GM, HC, whatever to land him.

In one season, he could head us in the right direction, that the type of thing its gonna take now. Not a newbie hire, not some college guy.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                  With less playoff appearances and the way he left the Ravens, he cant demand it... Shotty being more well respected, probably could.

Not that I care if the HC is also the GM... supposedly, that's what Jauron got when Levy left, supposedly, at the very least he got more control.

Parcells supposedly has an itch to be on the sidelines, Id give him every damn thing he wants, GM, HC, whatever to land him.

In one season, he could head us in the right direction, that the type of thing its gonna take now. Not a newbie hire, not some college guy.
                  If it were up to Shotty, Vick would've been a charger instead of LT ,Rivers and co. I like SHotty as a coach but he shouldn't be GM ,IMO.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    I agree, Crennel wasn't very good. Mangini wasn't terrible though. He wasn't as brilliant as advertized, but there are far worse coaches.
                    His brilliance came from videotapes.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I've been really impressed with what Josh McDaniels has done for the pats with a depleted line-up and how he developed Cassel. Should Ralphy go with the inexperienced route again, I would seriously take a good look at him.

Something tells me our wrs particularly Parrish and Josh would be creaming at the thought. Maybe Trent as well except that McDaniels could be looking to bring Cassel with him if the Pats let him walk.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

If it were up to Shotty, Vick would've been a charger instead of LT ,Rivers and co. I like SHotty as a coach but he shouldn't be GM ,IMO.
                        Im not a big fan of Shotty, but I will take him, hes a significant upgrade.

Comment

• topher180
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                          Two of them (Mangini and Crennel) got fired yesterday and I can understand why. They both sucked, so be careful what you wish for.
                          Excellent point, as was the one made about Weis in ND. It really is amazing how far hype and internal networking can get you in this mediocre leauge. (*See Pro Bowl).

inĀ·ept
                          Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• DolfagsSuck
                            • Aug 2004

If Dick stays, Mangini for OC for sake of disscussion? Too bad Cam Cameron is already taken.
                            Mangini is a former DC.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Mangini is smarter than Crennel & Weis combined. He got a raw deal with the meddling Jets front office.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X