PDA

View Full Version : For All of You Who Want A Coach From The Bellichick Tree

mchurchfie
12-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Two of them (Mangini and Crennel) got fired yesterday and I can understand why. They both sucked, so be careful what you wish for.

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 10:47 AM
not all of them are cut out to be HC's. Everyones a crapshoot.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Weis has proven to be pretty mediocre at ND as well. As good as Bellicheck is, he'll never have the Parcells coaching tree.

TigerJ
12-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I agree, Crennel wasn't very good. Mangini wasn't terrible though. He wasn't as brilliant as advertized, but there are far worse coaches.

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 03:17 PM
If Dick stays, Mangini for OC for sake of disscussion? :idunno: Too bad Cam Cameron is already taken.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 03:18 PM
not all of them are cut out to be HC's. Everyones a crapshoot.

And thats why I would skip newbies entirely and go to something thats a KNown quantity.

You KNOW Shotty can get a team to the playoffs, you KNOW Billick can as well.

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 03:19 PM
And thats why I would skip newbies entirely and go to something thats a KNown quantity.

You KNOW Shotty can get a team to the playoffs, you KNOW Billick can as well.

I'm not opposed to either. You know Shotty would want full control , would Billick want the same?

X-Era
12-29-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm not opposed to either. You know Shotty would want full control , would Billick want the same?
With less playoff appearances and the way he left the Ravens, he cant demand it... Shotty being more well respected, probably could.

Not that I care if the HC is also the GM... supposedly, that's what Jauron got when Levy left, supposedly, at the very least he got more control.

Parcells supposedly has an itch to be on the sidelines, Id give him every damn thing he wants, GM, HC, whatever to land him.

In one season, he could head us in the right direction, that the type of thing its gonna take now. Not a newbie hire, not some college guy.

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 03:27 PM
With less playoff appearances and the way he left the Ravens, he cant demand it... Shotty being more well respected, probably could.

Not that I care if the HC is also the GM... supposedly, that's what Jauron got when Levy left, supposedly, at the very least he got more control.

Parcells supposedly has an itch to be on the sidelines, Id give him every damn thing he wants, GM, HC, whatever to land him.

In one season, he could head us in the right direction, that the type of thing its gonna take now. Not a newbie hire, not some college guy.

If it were up to Shotty, Vick would've been a charger instead of LT ,Rivers and co. I like SHotty as a coach but he shouldn't be GM ,IMO.

Mr. Miyagi
12-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I agree, Crennel wasn't very good. Mangini wasn't terrible though. He wasn't as brilliant as advertized, but there are far worse coaches.
His brilliance came from videotapes.

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 03:31 PM
I've been really impressed with what Josh McDaniels has done for the pats with a depleted line-up and how he developed Cassel. Should Ralphy go with the inexperienced route again, I would seriously take a good look at him.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coachbio&bio=24595

Something tells me our wrs particularly Parrish and Josh would be creaming at the thought. Maybe Trent as well except that McDaniels could be looking to bring Cassel with him if the Pats let him walk.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
If it were up to Shotty, Vick would've been a charger instead of LT ,Rivers and co. I like SHotty as a coach but he shouldn't be GM ,IMO.

Im not a big fan of Shotty, but I will take him, hes a significant upgrade.

topher180
12-30-2008, 02:14 AM
Two of them (Mangini and Crennel) got fired yesterday and I can understand why. They both sucked, so be careful what you wish for.

Excellent point, as was the one made about Weis in ND. It really is amazing how far hype and internal networking can get you in this mediocre leauge. (*See Pro Bowl).

DolfagsSuck
12-30-2008, 05:34 AM
If Dick stays, Mangini for OC for sake of disscussion? :idunno: Too bad Cam Cameron is already taken.

Mangini is a former DC.

Night Train
12-30-2008, 05:40 AM
Mangini is smarter than Crennel & Weis combined. He got a raw deal with the meddling Jets front office.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Give me Kirk Ferentz!

mybills
12-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Mangini is smarter than Crennel & Weis combined. He got a raw deal with the meddling Jets front office.
:phew: I thought I was the only one thinking that!

PromoTheRobot
12-30-2008, 09:22 AM
You miss the point: Mangini and Crennell still work for Belicheat! They are plants to help the Pats* keep winning by destroying other NFL teams from the inside. The man is a genius.

PTR