X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauce
    • Dec 2008

Crowell Open to returning to Bills

At the beginning of the season Angelo Crowell appeared to drop a bombshell on his team choosing to undergo surgery on a troublesome knee that wasn’t improving four days before the season opener. The team responded by placing the impact linebacker on injured reserve, in what seemed to be a contentious situation. Now almost four months later it appears there never was any resentment and Crowell is open to re-signing with the Bills as he enters free agency.

“Yeah definitely,” said Crowell when asked if he’d entertain coming back. “That’s what I talked to (Bills COO) Russ (Brandon) about. I love playing for this organization, the fans are great and they’ve supported me through this whole thing. I would definitely entertain it. Russ said the door wasn’t closed, he just obviously wanted to see where I was in my rehab and what’s next for me. He said he would definitely be talking to my agent and the door is definitely not closed.”

Re-signing Crowell would certainly help a linebacking corps that could use another veteran performer, and the former third-round pick might be affordable after a year on injured reserve.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...d-bcb33fe03f75
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Crowell Open to returning to Bills

At this point I think I'd love to have him back. I'm shocked that he has no hard feelings.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Best OLB on the market... Wrap him up!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

It all depends on who the coach will be
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

EEEEEEEEE Yes. Please!
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

i'll take him in a heart beat!!

gimme the best lb in the draft and either put him inside and move poz or put him on the other side.

i'm half ready to replace/bring in comp for poz, and totally ready to ditch mitchel and ellison

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Mitchell- Poz-Dig-Crowell . Looks like a decent 3-4 lb corps . Problem is, not sure about Mitch but the other hae been on IR at some point in their career.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by sauce
                At the beginning of the season Angelo Crowell appeared to drop a bombshell on his team choosing to undergo surgery on a troublesome knee that wasn’t improving four days before the season opener. The team responded by placing the impact linebacker on injured reserve, in what seemed to be a contentious situation. Now almost four months later it appears there never was any resentment and Crowell is open to re-signing with the Bills as he enters free agency.

“Yeah definitely,” said Crowell when asked if he’d entertain coming back. “That’s what I talked to (Bills COO) Russ (Brandon) about. I love playing for this organization, the fans are great and they’ve supported me through this whole thing. I would definitely entertain it. Russ said the door wasn’t closed, he just obviously wanted to see where I was in my rehab and what’s next for me. He said he would definitely be talking to my agent and the door is definitely not closed.”

Re-signing Crowell would certainly help a linebacking corps that could use another veteran performer, and the former third-round pick might be affordable after a year on injured reserve.
                Good news hopefully he gets resigned.
                To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Mitchell- Poz-Dig-Crowell . Looks like a decent 3-4 lb corps . Problem is, not sure about Mitch but the other hae been on IR at some point in their career.
                  We did draft McKelvin, whom was supposed to be the best "man" Cb in the draft. We did trade for Stroud who might have the mass to play the nose. We do need better DEs either way. Hmmmmm

We should be getting a new coaching staff, we have enough holes to the point where a switch to the 3-4 wouldn't put us too much farther in the hole, IMO.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

After what the team did to him, compared to how they handled the Schobel injury....i'm shocked that he wanted to come back and would welcome him with open arms!

Comment

• Luisito23
                      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      would welcome him with open arms!

Me too brother...me too...I mean he's no Patrick Willis, but he's easily our best LB by far!
                      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Will Crowell re-sign with Bills?

By Chris Brown - Posted December 29th, 2008
                        With the whole decision to place Angelo Crowell on I-R apparently water under the bridge after Crowell met with Bills COO Russ Brandon today and no hard feelings on either side, what is the likelihood of Crowell re-signing with Buffalo?
                        I think there’s a 50-50 chance, which is a lot better than I had initially anticipated. Here’s why I think the Bills do have a shot provided he can show he’s fully recovered.
                        1. The people that have the most familiarity with his body of work in the league are the Bills. He will likely get more of the benefit of the doubt that he can play and play at a high level again in Buffalo than anywhere else where there will be more to prove.
                        2. Crowell will be affordable. Anyone who is on I-R in a contract year is going to have to accept the fact that they’re not going to hit the jackpot in free agency. It’s unfortunate for Crowell who has put some good years together, but he knows as well as anyone else that it’s a ‘what have you done for me lately league.’ Crowell will likely have to take a more modest contract with plenty of incentives and earn more pay with his play.
                        3. He’s tight with Kawika Mitchell. Crowell and Mitchell have been buds since they both came in together in the 2003 draft class. They were excited about playing together in the same linebacking corps. Crowell told me that Fletcher had Spikes. He saw the Mitchell addition this year as his Spikes. The two were joking around in the locker room on locker cleanout day and have a genuine respect for one another’s game. Playing with teammates you like and more importantly trust carries weight.
                        4. Familiarity. Crowell is going to have enough to worry about in terms of proving to himself that his knee is going to let him play the way he always has. Having to worry about moving to a new city, buying a new house, getting acquainted with new teammates and possibly a new defensive system might not be extra things Crowell wants to put on his plate as he tries to return to form.
                        Maybe I just want to see the guy make a successful comeback in a Bills uniform, and believe Crowell, Poz and Mitchell is a solid starting unit. Maybe Crowell was just putting on a good public face.
                        But if the Bills can re-sign him to an incentive-laden deal it’s one less hole for the Bills to fill this offseason.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by sauce

Im floored that Russ said that. Im surprised as hell. Im wondering if Crowell is full of ****.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madness
                            Will Crowell re-sign with Bills?

By Chris Brown - Posted December 29th, 2008
                            With the whole decision to place Angelo Crowell on I-R apparently water under the bridge after Crowell met with Bills COO Russ Brandon today and no hard feelings on either side, what is the likelihood of Crowell re-signing with Buffalo?
                            I think there’s a 50-50 chance, which is a lot better than I had initially anticipated. Here’s why I think the Bills do have a shot provided he can show he’s fully recovered.
                            1. The people that have the most familiarity with his body of work in the league are the Bills. He will likely get more of the benefit of the doubt that he can play and play at a high level again in Buffalo than anywhere else where there will be more to prove.
                            2. Crowell will be affordable. Anyone who is on I-R in a contract year is going to have to accept the fact that they’re not going to hit the jackpot in free agency. It’s unfortunate for Crowell who has put some good years together, but he knows as well as anyone else that it’s a ‘what have you done for me lately league.’ Crowell will likely have to take a more modest contract with plenty of incentives and earn more pay with his play.
                            3. He’s tight with Kawika Mitchell. Crowell and Mitchell have been buds since they both came in together in the 2003 draft class. They were excited about playing together in the same linebacking corps. Crowell told me that Fletcher had Spikes. He saw the Mitchell addition this year as his Spikes. The two were joking around in the locker room on locker cleanout day and have a genuine respect for one another’s game. Playing with teammates you like and more importantly trust carries weight.
                            4. Familiarity. Crowell is going to have enough to worry about in terms of proving to himself that his knee is going to let him play the way he always has. Having to worry about moving to a new city, buying a new house, getting acquainted with new teammates and possibly a new defensive system might not be extra things Crowell wants to put on his plate as he tries to return to form.
                            Maybe I just want to see the guy make a successful comeback in a Bills uniform, and believe Crowell, Poz and Mitchell is a solid starting unit. Maybe Crowell was just putting on a good public face.
                            But if the Bills can re-sign him to an incentive-laden deal it’s one less hole for the Bills to fill this offseason.
                            Crowell, Poz, Mitchell is solid but average IMO.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

I'd love to get him back, especially since it will be cheaper.

I think he's better than Mitchell and Poz-- all around and especially in pass coverage, which Poz an Mitchell are TERRIBLE at.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X