PDA

View Full Version : Unless we do some drastic moves, next season is going to be long and rough...

BillsWin
12-29-2008, 12:36 PM
2009 Opponents set (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/29/2009-opponents-set/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 29th, 2008
For those that don’t know already, Buffalo’s home and away opponents are as follows.
Home - Houston, Indy, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, NE, NYJ, Miami
Away - Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, NE, NYJ, Miami

Tags: 2009 opponents (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/2009-opponents/)

We need to start learning how to win against winning teams because we play 9 of them. 3 of them we play twice.

This is going to have to be a very aggressive off season...

streetkings01
12-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Why do people act like this seasons record will mean anything next season? FA, draft, and injuries will play a big part next season in determining who are the good and bad teams....for all we know the Lions could be a 10 win team next season!

Jaybird
12-29-2008, 12:59 PM
i.e.

the fins

BillsWin
12-29-2008, 01:47 PM
sure, and ill probably be singing 16-0 tunes next season. but the fact of the matter is, this team as is. didnt beat ANY teams with winning records this season.

so THIS team without any changes, will not do good next season.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Why do people act like this seasons record will mean anything next season? FA, draft, and injuries will play a big part next season in determining who are the good and bad teams....for all we know the Lions could be a 10 win team next season!

Because the same guys who draft poorly and sign inept FA's are still in charge. It's amazing how many teams have turned it around, fallen apart and turned it around again during this 10 year rebuilding cycle the Bills have been in.

Dujek
12-29-2008, 01:51 PM
With the current staff, no matter what the playing personnel, the Bills will win at most 6 games from that schedule. They might win one in the division.

If the coaching staff and FO is gutted, then anything is possible.

BillsWin
12-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Because the same guys who draft poorly and sign inept FA's are still in charge. It's amazing how many teams have turned it around, fallen apart and turned it around again during this 10 year rebuilding cycle the Bills have been in.

BINGO.

streetkings01
12-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Because the same guys who draft poorly and sign inept FA's are still in charge. It's amazing how many teams have turned it around, fallen apart and turned it around again during this 10 year rebuilding cycle the Bills have been in.This staff that drafted poorly and signed inept FA's went 7-9 in 2006 & 2007 against tough schedules......they seem like a team that will always go 7-9 regardless of the schedule.

I do agree we need a change, but how can anyone say that next years schedule we be tough.....Brees, Delholme and Ryan could all go down with season ending unjuries during training camp. I would rather wait until 8 games into the 2009 season before deciding that we have a tough schedule!

TigerJ
12-29-2008, 03:20 PM
The schedule is a rough one next season, or at least it looks that way at this point. Drastic moves often backfire. Bold moves can pay off big. The main thing is Buffalo has to figure out how not to get swept in our own division. If we can figure out how to get some wins in the AFC East, I think the rest of the schedule is going to take care of itself. This looks like it's going to be a tough division for some time to come, though if Favre retires the Jets could be a train wreck for a while.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 03:27 PM
The schedule is a rough one next season, or at least it looks that way at this point. Drastic moves often backfire. Bold moves can pay off big. The main thing is Buffalo has to figure out how not to get swept in our own division. If we can figure out how to get some wins in the AFC East, I think the rest of the schedule is going to take care of itself. This looks like it's going to be a tough division for some time to come, though if Favre retires the Jets could be a train wreck for a while.

I cant believe Im about to settle, but here goes...

I wouldnt mind a sweep by the Pats provided we sweep one of the others and then split with the last. You pick the teams. With where the Jets are headed, its probably sweep the Jets, split with the Fins.

But that would mean enough non-divisional wins to make up for it and only a playoff berth.

All hinges on the QB, come one Brady, keep that knee screwed up!!!