PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts

Mudflap1
12-29-2008, 02:58 PM
I really don't know what the Bills should do... hear me out...

Do I think Jauron is the answer? No, he got badly outcoached by Belichick yesterday, and has gotten outcoached in many games this season. However, realistically, is this organization capable of doing better?

It's time to face the fact that the Bills are almost as dysfunctional as the Oakland Raiders...

We get our hopes up when Ralph Wilson is pissed off at the end of the season because the team sucks... but what does he do about it? He may indeed fire Jauron, but who is he going to bring in? The guys he should go after that could help rebuild this team into a winner -- Cowher, Schottenheimer, Pioli, Chris Polian, Bill Parcells (maybe), Holmgren (as a GM), or even a first-timer with a lot of accolades like a Jim Schwartz -- are not going to be pursued. Ralph won't pay them. He wants to be a winner without shelling out the money to bring in the guys that are proven and will build a playoff-caliber team (or better).

The guys we will look at if Jauron gets fired... Fassel, Haslett, Mangini, Crennel, etc. are more of Ralph Wilson's speed. The sad thing? They are all probably better than Jauron. That being said though, are they much better, are they the answer? No, probably not.

I didn't think the Bills were going to be better than 7-9 going into this season anyway... I still thought they were a year away. Going 5-1 and blowing it down the stretch is not a good story, nor going 0-6 in the division. If you think about it, all the wins came against the AFC West and NFC West (with the exception of JAX) and even the Bills blew a game against San Francisco at home in there. Next year, I believe the Bills will get the AFC South and the NFC South, how will that turn out? Tennessee, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay and Atlanta instead of the chumps that the Bills played this season. Unless something crazy happens... this team looks like a 3-13 team next year (we will play K.C. and Cincy). The thing is, the Bills have shown unequivocally during the Jauron era (but really for the decade) that they can't beat winning teams. They beat MOST teams that are crappy (*cough cough* Cleveland at home *cough cough* San Francisco at home *cough cough), but whenever it's time to play a good team, the Bills get beaten hands down, usually with coaching errors in addition to a just plain gap in talent.

A microcosm of my disappointment yesterday was watching Donte Whitner get run over by New England, then watching a home-grown guy like Brian Dawkins (strong safety, playmaker, even a fellow #20) demolish the Dallas Cowboys. In addition, the "could have beens" instead of Whitner like Brodrick Bunkley, Haloti Ngata, Jay Cutler, and even Nick Mangold (if you want to factor in the McCargo trade-up that was a waste) show what a whiff the Bills made in the draft a couple years ago, and have made consistently over this decade.

Donte Whitner, Paul Posluszny, J.P. Losman, James Hardy (he blew out his knee folks, 2009 is shot, this guy is not going to do anything for us), Duke Preston, Melvin Fowler, Keith Ellison, Robert Royal, and Chris Kelsay are all worthless. Jason Peters isn't worthless, but his attitude is a disgrace.

I half-wish that Fred Jackson gets a great offer from another team and lands there, so that he can be treated right and not be a part of a dysfunctionally run football team.

So what does this team do? I don't know. It almost looks like a dead-end street to me. They should go out and get some of the best in the business to bring in the talent and develop the players, but we know that won't happen. So do the Bills stick with an also-ran in Jauron who has his system set up and the players like him, or get another also-ran to come in and try his brand of "been there, done that"?

Jon

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 03:14 PM
As already stated, they are probably talking about keeping Dick as long as he fires some of his assistants .

Instead of proggressing, we regressed