PDA

View Full Version : Spags has one week to be interviewed

X-Era
12-29-2008, 03:16 PM
and then he cant be interviewed until the Giants are done.

I'm not a fan of a newbie, so I kinda hope that he gets hired by Detroit to be honest. I would say hes tops on my list of newbies, but that doesnt mean Id think he all we need if we got him... Thats why I say no.

But if your a fan of him, we need to move on from Jauron quick.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/29/lions-get-permission-to-interview-spanuolo/

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 03:37 PM
a newbie is our only hope because Ralph won't shell out for a top tier experienced coach. He'll take Crennel or Mangini and we'll just be in this same situation 3 years from now.

The only way we get out of this is if the Bills pick someone like Spags and GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME!

madness
12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Lions to interview Spagnuolo (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/29/lions-to-interview-spagnuolo/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 29th, 2008
According to NFL Network’s Adam Schefter, it looks like Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo will be interviewing soon with the Lions (http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/12/29/lions-receive-permission-to-interview-giants-spagnuolo/). Detroit was given permission to speak with him about their head coaching vacancy.

Looks like a lion is way, way, way, way, way, way, way x100 faster than a charging buffalo.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
a newbie is our only hope because Ralph won't shell out for a top tier experienced coach. He'll take Crennel or Mangini and we'll just be in this same situation 3 years from now.

The only way we get out of this is if the Bills pick someone like Spags and GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME!

No, rephrase Op,

A newbie is RALPH's only hope.

Its NOT the right move... Its UNLIKELY that it works. Because it hasn't here before.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 03:44 PM
No, rephrase Op,

A newbie is RALPH's only hope.

Its NOT the right move... Its UNLIKELY that it works. Because it hasn't here before.

Nothing works here.

We tried bringing in newbies, it didn't work. We tried bringing in Jauron because he had experience, it didn't work.

What's the common factor? Ralph and the other jackasses in the FO. Seriously, just pick 12 random fans, have them sit in on the interviews, and vote for the next head coach, like a jury. The fans will probably do a better job.

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't think that Mangini is a bad coach, Op. :idunno:

X-Era
12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Nothing works here.

We tried bringing in newbies, it didn't work. We tried bringing in Jauron because he had experience, it didn't work.

What's the common factor? Ralph and the other jackasses in the FO. Seriously, just pick 12 random fans, have them sit in on the interviews, and vote for the next head coach, like a jury. The fans will probably do a better job.
Whens the last time we brought in a HC with a winning record, or playoff experience, or even SB experience?

Using your thought, that ought to be the next logical step.

Will we do it?

You and I agree on that.

HAMMER
12-29-2008, 06:00 PM
What makes anyone think Spagnola will make a good HC? We went down the road of picking a great DC in Greggo and that didn't work.

Opi is right, the common denominator is the "personnel people" in the FO. We need to clean sweep OBD top to bottom and bring in someone that can evaluate talent. I am in no way endorsing Jauron by saying this as his game day coaching has been beyond bad.

madness
12-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't think that Mangini is a bad coach, Op. :idunno:

He is because Farve says he is and doesn't like being questioned for making poor decisions. Mr. Class Act walked off the field without shaking a hand and then proceeded to bash his coach to the press in the locker room.