PDA

View Full Version : EXPERIENCE

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Is much needed, along with change at 1BD. There are alot of good coaches that could be brought in to help this team win. I would look closely at bringing in a guy like Eric Mangini in here as our DC and assistant HC. I like this idea not only because he was Belichick's understudy for so many years but he has sooo much experience in the division. He would have an exuberant amount of inside information on two of our divisional rivals! Also, although Mangini is young, he is still very experienced and he brings a hard nosed attitude and instant credibility to our defense that we haven't seen here in awhile. Here are some of my other recommendations for HC/OC/DC and positional coaches:

Eric Mangini, HC/DC/AHC
Jim Mora Jr., HC/DC/Secondaries
Ron Rivera, DC/LB's
Rod Marinelli, DL coach (strictly as a DL coach, nothing more )
Rip Scherer, OC/QBs
Bobby April, ST's/HC/AHC
Dom Capers, DC/AHC
Josh McDaniels, HC/OC/AHC
Jim Schwartz, HC
Craig Johnson, OC
Rob Ryan, DC
Rex Ryan, HC

GM:

Modrak
Savage
Pioli
Ed McGuire ( Assistant GM for the SD Chargers )

Feel free to post your own list and to criticize my list, thanks!

Vanilla Thunder
12-29-2008, 03:54 PM
being from pittsburgh i always thought cowher would be a good coach in buffalo

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2008, 03:59 PM
being from pittsburgh i always thought cowher would be a good coach in buffalo

From what I've heard, Cowher has already turned down an offer to coach Cleveland.. I think Cowher would be a great fit here in Buffalo but I still think that it's unrealistic at this point. To be very honest with you, I'd take Cowher even as a GM if that's the role that he wanted to play.

TigerJ
12-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Cowher says he likes his present lifestyle in North Carolina. It doesn't sound like he's ready to get back in the meat grinder that is NFL coaching.