PDA

View Full Version : Cowher now willing to speak with the Jets

X-Era
12-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Fan-friggin-tastic

At least the Jets are smart enough to know that if you fire the newbie that didnt work, you get a friggin upgrade.

That would be just great to have to face Cowher twice a year.

Its on ESPNS crawl.

The Bills had better realize that they better get smart and make real moves fast

X-Era
12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
After my post on Favre complaining about Favre hating Mangini and then Eric getting fired, I have to wonder if Brett is telling them, bring in a real coach and I will win you a SB.

Cowher probably looks at it like, hes getting a team with all the pieces tomake a real run (assuming Cowher means Favre plays next year too)

Night Train
12-29-2008, 04:43 PM
New Stadium + NYC = Big $$

Not surprised when you think it through.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2008, 04:53 PM
****ING A... GOD DAMMIT.

Mike13
12-29-2008, 04:57 PM
That would be a solid pick up for them, its not like they'll do much in Free Agency though, because there gonna be in cap hell.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 04:59 PM
****ING A... GOD DAMMIT.

Winners, with winners attitudes do everything they can to get better.

I think theyu screwed themselves with Favre to be honest. But the point is that they tried, they did evrything they could to try to compete with the Pats.

This is just more of that type of mentality.

Its sad if your a Bills fan because we sit in stark contrast to that.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 05:01 PM
That would be a solid pick up for them, its not like they'll do much in Free Agency though, because there gonna be in cap hell.

With Cowher, they dont need to do anything in FA and they are much much better.

Its part of the equation:

average FO + great HC + average talent = maybe playoffs

only they have better than average (but not great) talent and better than average FO.

EDS
12-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Fan-friggin-tastic

At least the Jets are smart enough to know that if you fire the newbie that didnt work, you get a friggin upgrade.

That would be just great to have to face Cowher twice a year.

Its on ESPNS crawl.

The Bills had better realize that they better get smart and make real moves fast

Cowher going to the Jets would be tragic for the Bills. The AFC East would then have three really good coaches and . . .

If the Bills are going to can Jauron then should do it as soon as possibly and get on with finding a viable replacement.

DMBcrew36
12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
As of today, as per WGR, Cowher was saying he wasn't going to coach next year.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
As of today, as per WGR, Cowher was saying he wasn't going to coach next year.

Its now on ESPN's crawl... check for yourself.

Jeff1220
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Brett is the reason they aren't in the playoffs this year. He gave a bunch of games away down the stretch and almost gave one to the Bills. With Pennington, the Jets easily win the division, while the Fins struggle with Beck/Henne.

Ingtar33
12-29-2008, 05:21 PM
ugh. that's a nightmare.

the only way we compete with three solid coaches is with marty schottenheimer

X-Era
12-29-2008, 05:23 PM
ugh. that's a nightmare.

No, I think Billick can compete... Id be interested to see Billick vs. Cowher stats, but you have to think he won that SB while Cowher was the HC in Pitt. Vice versa is also true.

patmoran2006
12-29-2008, 05:23 PM
I hope this doesnt happen.

We could spin Favre going to NY as he's old and washed up, and looks like that turned out to be true.

But there aint no disputing Cowher is a Class-A coach and will make a huge difference with the Jets.

That thought is scary.. **** that.. stay at CBS Bill!

Ingtar33
12-29-2008, 05:25 PM

We could spin Favre going to NY as he's old and washed up, and looks like that turned out to be true.

But there aint no disputing Cowher is a Class-A coach and will make a huge difference with the Jets.

agreed. 100%

X-Era
12-29-2008, 05:28 PM

Im almost laughing thinking about a newbie HC right now... laughing.

Jerry Sullivan said that he spoke with a business type that said they wont renew their 350K suite if it stays the same.... on WGR.

I think ralphs checkbook might just wake him up. I wonder how many times he can stand to hear that business wont invest anymore if they wont get alot better quick.

I think THAT above all else may force him to step way up and get a real HC.... and probably players too.

It could all end up being Donahoe part duh, but I hope not.

WGR said that they think all the suite leases etc.. are now up and need to be renewed.

It could be that the businesses will make the choice for Ralph and that we dont need to counton him waking up anymore... :pray:

Thats about ALL im clinging to now.

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2008, 05:30 PM
lol, Belichick, Cowher and Sporano all in the same division.. We're ****ed.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 05:32 PM
lol, Belichick, Cowher and Sporano all in the same division.. We're ****ed.

And Parcells.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 05:33 PM
ugh. that's a nightmare.

Schotty's good but he's still a step below the other three (meaning Parcells in Miami- Sporano looks good so far but he has a lot to prove before he can be considered better than Schotty).

X-Era
12-29-2008, 05:33 PM
And Parcells.

My first thought when I heard that Parcells wouldnt mind coaching again is that he might go right back to the NYJ.

Thurmal
12-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Doesn't Cowher want GM-like duties as well? Will this happen in NY?

X-Era
12-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Doesn't Cowher want GM-like duties as well? Will this happen in NY?

All the bottom line says is that hes willing to listen.

He obviously knows they have a GM thats not going anywhere (Tannenbaum)

Ebenezer
12-29-2008, 07:12 PM
I predicted this at lunch...Lecter thought me crazy.

patmoran2006
12-29-2008, 07:22 PM
jets are moving to new stadium.

Whether its Cowher or Parcels, they WILL make a big splash.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I predicted this at lunch...Lecter thought me crazy.

I think you sane

Ebenezer
12-29-2008, 07:32 PM
jets are moving to new stadium.

Whether its Cowher or Parcels, they WILL make a big splash.
who wouldn't want to be with those teams and all that money?

...this is what people don't understand about the Bills situation...it is not the average fan in the seat...it is the corporate boxes...even at 75k strong we mean nothing...it is the box dollars that count.

X-Era
12-29-2008, 07:40 PM
who wouldn't want to be with those teams and all that money?

...this is what people don't understand about the Bills situation...it is not the average fan in the seat...it is the corporate boxes...even at 75k strong we mean nothing...it is the box dollars that count.

And thats why WRG's rumor that many oboxes and suites are expiring and that at least one business told Jerry Sullivan that they wont pay for this team anymore (at their current wins/losses record) has me thinking Ralph will wake up.

Tell Ralph that he may not have the money for his adult diapers anymore and he will wake up.

Money is about the only way you get Ralph to listen.

I just pray that the expiration of the luxury boxes/suites issue is true... it could really make the difference.

billsfanone
12-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Mother****er

Ickybaluky
12-29-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't care what the ticker says, Cowher isn't going to coach the Jets unless he gets complete control of the football operations. He has made it clear he wants control when he coaches again, and he isn't going to report to a bean-counter like Tannenbaum. He will want to bring in his own guy to run personnel, with him having total control.

If you hear about the Jets firing Tannenbaum, then you can believe Cowher will interview. Otherwise, it probably is just speculation.

mybills
12-29-2008, 08:34 PM
All morning it was reported that he won't come back until 2010. Where is the link that says he'll be back in 09, let alone with the Jets?

CuseJetsFan83
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
All morning it was reported that he won't come back until 2010. Where is the link that says he'll be back in 09, let alone with the Jets?

its been on the espn crawl as well as widely reported in NYC media....

he's willing to listen which shows, tennenbaum is on his hind legs as well

Mike13
12-29-2008, 10:28 PM
^Tanenenbuam should have been fired the moment he said "Its up to the player to get an MRI"

CuseJetsFan83
12-29-2008, 10:43 PM
^Tanenenbuam should have been fired the moment he said "Its up to the player to get an MRI"

i went to the swamp for the game, had a good time minus the outcome, and we heard at the stadium that mangini was to be fired from personnel there...... i didn't see anything on tv until this morning...... if cowher does come to the jets, royal t is gone.........