• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

One problem with the Brian Billick as HC for the Bills thought

Reading this didn't make me think he would be exactly woo-ed by the Bills who typically want guys to come in and be "nice guys".

The Bills have had plenty of that type and it hasnt worked, its time for the Bills to get a guy who will shake things up and bang heads if need be.

As the Detroit Lions begin to line up candidates to for the nowhere-to-go-but-up position of head coach, one person who likely won't be on the list is former Ravens coach Brian Billick.

Id just like to see someone with a real game day presence, an eye for talent, and someone with experience winning... it all.

• elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: One problem with the Brian Billick as HC for the Bills thought

I tell ya what if thats his montra, Ralph will have no choice but to hire him. I think that nice guy stuff is coincidental if anything else.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Mangini, Billick, Schottenheimer, Schwartz, McDaniels and Spagnulo all should be interviewed.. All of those coaches have the credentials to be a good coach, IMO. Dom Capers deserves an honorable mention as well.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
        Mangini, Billick, Schottenheimer, Schwartz, McDaniels and Spagnulo all should be interviewed.. All of those coaches have the credentials to be a good coach, IMO. Dom Capers deserves an honorable mention as well.
        I'd like Billick or Spagnulo none of the others....well idk Schwartz's personality well enough to say that but right bow I'd like Billick or Spagnulo

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Billick was an offensive coach who never had a decent offense in Baltimore. He won his championship because of the defense. that year his offense struggled to do even what the Bills put up. Thanks but no thanks on Billick.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I've always thought of Billick as an arrogant *****, which might be exactly what we need. He's probably too rich for Ralph's skin flint blood, however.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I've always thought of Billick as an arrogant *****, which might be exactly what we need. He's probably too rich for Ralph's skin flint blood, however.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Id take Schwartz here in a second, he'll be cheap he runs a similar yet more aggressive D, and he comes from a winner.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                  • Aug 2002

Billick isn't the guy we want. He is grossly overrated because he won the Super Bowl. I realize how stupid this sounds. But look at the facts. His teams were good despite the offense. He basically served as the figurehead on a team with an incredible defense, coached by Marvin Lewis. Billick sounds great in interviews (I worked in Baltimore for a couple years). But his quarterback decisions have been questionable and his offenses consistently subpar. Not our guy.

Mangini. Jeez, what do I say to this. Come on, now. NY fans couldn't wait to give him the boot. His game day decisions have been on par with Dick's. Why do you want Mangini?
                  Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                  X