1 person I bet we will interview. Would you like him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

1 person I bet we will interview. Would you like him?

James Lofton almost coached I think Oakland last year, so he is looking for a HC job. Would you look at him or maybe try to get him in the staff?
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: 1 person I bet we will interview. Would you like him?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Dick is still the coach.

But if Ralphie did fire Dick, the only reason Lofton would be interviewed would be to satisfy the Rooney Rule. But he can just interview Fewell for that.

I do not want James Lofton as the HC of the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• User Manuel
      The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
      • Nov 2003

Why not.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Lofton has a good rep, I wouldn't mind bringing him at this point, but maybe as an OC over HC so far. He is currently the WR coach in Oakland.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Lofton is not ready for a HC position. He could be someday, if he gets some experience as a cooridnator, but not yet.

The only reason his name comes up for HC vacancies is because of the Rooney Rule. The rule was intended to help people in his position, but ironically all it did was set up a bunch of farce interviews for him.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheMan08
            Knocks only the living.
            • Oct 2008

isn't a form of affirmitive action? The Roony Rule

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheMan08
              isn't a form of affirmitive action? The Roony Rule
              it's not affirmative action per se because affirmative action has to do with actually hiring people who are minorities. The Rooney Rule is only about interviewing and there is no NFL-wide policy about affirmative action hiring for head coaches. But, it stems from the same mindset as affirmative action.

I'm not opposed to trying to get more minorities into the HC ranks, especially considering the number of players that are black and the minorities that have been successful at lower levels of coaching. They are definitely underrepresented has HC's. But the Rooney Rule is a joke and it seems everyone except the NFL's corporate headquarters knows it.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• historypete
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Lofton is not ready for a HC position. He could be someday, if he gets some experience as a cooridnator, but not yet.

The only reason his name comes up for HC vacancies is because of the Rooney Rule. The rule was intended to help people in his position, but ironically all it did was set up a bunch of farce interviews for him.
                I'm not so sure OP. Singletary was only the LB coach out in SanFran and look what he did. I think he'd be a solid OC for us, but I wouldn't completely rule out HC. I would prefer another person with solid coordinator experience before Lofton though.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Lofton is a personable guy. I know next to nothing about his coaching experience and readiness to be a head coach. I suspect he could use some more seasoning. I also know nothing about his football intelligence. That would have to be more clear before Icould openly support him as a coaching candidate.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X