PDA

View Full Version : There was a time...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2008, 10:23 AM
THere was a time when RW was a beloved gent in western NY.

Seriiously... we loved him cause he brought winning football the WNY

Now he is hated and derided.. people even wish death on him!

How can he want his legacy to be that people hated him? How can he NOT just shoot the works and bring in the best? he could go out with people loving him!

Why are his sycophants not just telling him this?

billsfanone
12-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Probably because they are in his will.

Ebenezer
12-30-2008, 10:29 AM

Not amongst followers of this team who remember pre-1985. Those of us old enough to know better never thought he was a "beloved gent".

Jan Reimers
12-30-2008, 10:29 AM

Seriiously... we loved him cause he brought winning football the WNY

Now he is hated and derided.. people even wish death on him!

How can he want his legacy to be that people hated him? How can he NOT just shoot the works and bring in the best? he could go out with people loving him!

Why are his sycophants not just telling him this?
He's a miserly old curmudgeon who just has to meddle in every decision. He was always pretty much like this, but at least when he was younger he got lucky a few times in hiring GMs and coaches. Now his bad traits have been magnified by age, and his luck in hiring cheap help has apparently run out.

Historian
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Not amongst followers of this team who remember pre-1985. Those of us old enough to know better never thought he was a "beloved gent".

Exactly.

Us old-timers all felt, well, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

patmoran2006
12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Although I went to far and took things too personal, I literally wrote that I pretty much wished death on him a few years ago, and almost got banned for it.

In retrospect, its how I felt out of frustration, though it certainly wasnt the right thing to say (publicly at least)

DynaPaul
12-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I never thought of him as a beloved gent... even during the SB years. I don't know what fans you are talking about.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
oh c'mon DP... dont yoiu have his name tatooed on your chest?

Buckets
12-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Exactly.

Us old-timers all felt, well, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Come on guys how about a couple of AFL championships?

Night Train
12-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Ralph is a very good guy who has donated millions and taken care of many people.

Unfortunately, he always treated football as a side hobby of making big $$ at the expense of the fans. Winning wasn't even secondary. When it happened, it was blind luck ( ex. Saban, Knox, Polian ) . Then $$ became an issue and the team soon went down the tubes for long stretches.

Much like now...