• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So Cowher Wants Something Similar to What He Had in Pittsburgh

Name his own Personnel director.

Bill Cowher is out of the running for the New York Jets' vacant coaching job.

I do believe he can work with Modrak, but I don't believe

1) Buffalo is a team with high enough profile for him
    2) he can work for an owner like Wilson (believe me, Ralph Wilson is not an owner everyone loves in the league)
    3) Wilson will let go of all the power like he did with Donahoe
    4) Wilson can afford to meet Cowher's asking price (Holmgren money)
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: So Cowher Wants Something Similar to What He Had in Pittsburgh

Allegedly and this is what I heard on the Colin Cowherd today

He told Cleveland he didn't want to coach anymore.

He told NY he wanted his own GM.

Appears he's not being honest to somebody!

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Wilson giving up total control is unlikely after what Donahoe did to this organization. He'd have to really trust and believe in Cowher.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh

2) he can work for an owner like Wilson (believe me, Ralph Wilson is not an owner everyone loves in the league)
        I agree with points 2,3 & 4. Cowher doesn't have a high profile ego. All reports indicate he's quite the opposite.

Modrak is one of his best friends in football and would be still here doing the same thing, if Cowher was hired.

Odds of this happening = 20,000/1
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Who is his own Personnel director? Anyone have a name?
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by yordad
            yeah.. Bill Cowher

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              yeah.. Bill Cowher
              LOL, maybe it is Tom Modrak. Our Coach Sal said someone almost walked out of the front office. Wilson did call out the talent. Hmmm.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                Steelers' current Personnel Director Colbert who was hired by the Rooney's after Donahoe (and "met" Cowher on his interview trip to Pittsburgh).

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

He's talking about me. Cowher wants me to come in as the head of personnell. He's going to give me 6 figures and a cushy office.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

First, Cowher would love to coach in the New York market. Second, two of his daughters are either going to school or working in the New York-New Jersey area.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Not that Cowher is coming to Buffalo, but I have some reservations about him as well.

Those who know me here will probably remember that I was a strong Cowher supporter during Cowher-Donahoe feud and subsequent Donahow's coming to Buffalo. And I watched his up and down years in Pittsburgh. I think his ego has grown considerably during that time. I don't know at this stage of his life, he's going to do what he did in Pittsburgh again, put up what he put up in Pittsburgh again.

I do want to say that the man knows coaches. I don't how many under him becomes HCs in NFL and he always finds them. If something doesn't work, like the current Jauron's staff, he'd raise his axe in no time.

For the Bills and Gregg Williams, losing Dick Lebeau (not naming him DC) was that golden opportunity lost and exactly what Cowher needed. Lebeau was done as a HC then and prepared to finish his career as a DC. Look what he has done since arriving in Pittsburgh the 2nd time. (On a side note, I think Wade Philips is in the same mold except Wade probably won't give up being a HC for quite some time.)

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

You sound like we all didn't know this already?

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                          Odds of this happening = 20,000/1
                          So your saying there is a chance.
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• theanswer74
                            • Apr 2004

Not that Cowher is coming to Buffalo, but I have some reservations about him as well.

Those who know me here will probably remember that I was a strong Cowher supporter during Cowher-Donahoe feud and subsequent Donahow's coming to Buffalo. And I watched his up and down years in Pittsburgh. I think his ego has grown considerably during that time. I don't know at this stage of his life, he's going to do what he did in Pittsburgh again, put up what he put up in Pittsburgh again.

I do want to say that the man knows coaches. I don't how many under him becomes HCs in NFL and he always finds them. If something doesn't work, like the current Jauron's staff, he'd raise his axe in no time.

For the Bills and Gregg Williams, losing Dick Lebeau (not naming him DC) was that golden opportunity lost and exactly what Cowher needed. Lebeau was done as a HC then and prepared to finish his career as a DC. Look what he has done since arriving in Pittsburgh the 2nd time. (On a side note, I think Wade Philips is in the same mold except Wade probably won't give up being a HC for quite some time.)
                            The thing I love about Cowher is that he never really had super stars. He had a lot of hard workers who earned any credit they got.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by theanswer74
                              The thing I love about Cowher is that he never really had super stars. He had a lot of hard workers who earned any credit they got.
                              Jerome Bettis
                              Jason Gildon
                              Kevin Greene
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X