• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

What I want for the Bills

I want a coach who can manage the game. It really shouldn't be that difficult. Most of us on our respective couches can see the right moves, so why can't we find a professional who doesn't out-think himself?

What frosts me the most about New England's domination is that we are consistently outcoached. I can live with losses to better talent and even a lucky break. Life is full of this. It sucks, but you move on knowing you offered your best.

What I hate is loosing because we are dumb. I want a coach who knows the rules inside and out like Bill B. Who can make choices that are both innovative and appropriate for the situation at hand, like recognizing the weather factor and using it to your advantage, i.e. having the QB pooch punt on 3rd down to pin us at the one yard line.

Bill is not a genius. He simply knows the game and the rules to a letter. He studies situations and the various rules that may apply in each. He understands where and when to try something unexpected. Love him or hate him, you cannot knock what he's accomplished on game day. (if you feel the need to bring up the cheating crap, feel free to do it somewhere other than this thread - it's clearly not the point I'm trying to make here).

This is what I expect from our Head Coach. Someone who actually understands the game better than the average fan and can apply that knowledge effectively on game day. If we're going to loose due to lesser talent, then let's at least not look like baffoons while doing it.
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.
Working...
X