PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Jauron is the problem and not the Offensive Coordinators!

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Below is how offenses have ranked while Dickey was the coach. It is obvious that he is the problem and not the coordinators he brings in.

1999 Chicago Bears
17(points per game - ranked 25th in NFL) 345.2 (yards per game - ranked 8th in NFL)

2000 Chicago Bears
13.5 (points per game - ranked 28th in NFL) 283.8 (yards per game - ranked 23rd in NFL)

2001 Chicago Bears
21.1 (poinst per game - ranked 11th in NFL) 293.4 (yards per game - ranked 26th in NFL)

2002 Chicago Bears
17.6 (points per game - ranked 27th in NFL) 274.7 (yards per game - ranked 29th in NFL)

2003 Chicago Bears
17.7 (points per game - ranked 23rd in NFL) 273.8 (yards per game - ranked 28th in NFL)

2005 Detroit Lions (was only coach for 5 games, so does not apply)

2006 Buffalo Bills
18.8 (points per game - ranked 23rd in NFL) 266.9 (yards per game - ranked 30th in NFL)

2007 Buffalo Bills
15.8 (points per game - ranked 30th in NFL) 277.1 (yards per game - ranked 30th in NFL)

2008 Buffalo Bills
21 (points per game - ranked 23rd in NFL) 305.1 (yards per game - ranked 25th in NFL)

If the Bills keep Jauron and fire Schonert, NOTHING will change...this team will still be mediocre and will NOT make the playoffs! Jauron has always been mediocre and will always be a mediocre HC in this league...it doesn't matter what parts are changed around him!

Mr. Pink
12-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Dick Jauron's QB carousel...

Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Chris Chandler
Kordell Stewart
Joey Harrington
JP Losman
Trent Edwards

Noticing a pattern here?

Inconsistent QB play dooms any team.

mysticsoto
12-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Below is how offenses have ranked while Dickey was the coach. It is obvious that he is the problem and not the coordinators he brings in.

2008 Buffalo Bills
21 (points per game - ranked 23rd in NFL) 305.1 (yards per game - ranked 25th in NFL)

I can't believe we ranked that high on offense. If 21 is average...what is the median? This is one of those cases where the average doesn't tell the whole story. Perhaps we should have the high and low thrown out and that might give us a closer real average...throw one zero out and which was our high? Our score with KC?

OpIv37
12-30-2008, 12:23 PM

Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Chris Chandler
Kordell Stewart
Joey Harrington
JP Losman
Trent Edwards

Noticing a pattern here?

Jauron has made enough mistakes on his own, regardless of QB play. When a ****ty play is called, it doesn't matter if the QB gets it right or not. QB's don't let the team practice indoors or waste timeouts (well, sometimes they do, but so does the coach) or misuse challenges or get consistently outsmarted by the opposition or have the team unprepared for the game or make crappy halftime adjustments.

No one is denying that QB is a problem. But so is coaching.

Also, one could take another view of this: part of the coach's job is to develop the QB. Were all 7 of those guys that untalented, or did Jauron and his staff simply not know how to get the most out of them? There's no real way to answer that question, but I have a hard time believing that Jauron got 7 QB's good enough to make it to the NFL and couldn't get performance out of ANY of them.

billsfanone
12-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Jauron has made enough mistakes on his own, regardless of QB play. When a ****ty play is called, it doesn't matter if the QB gets it right or not. QB's don't let the team practice indoors or waste timeouts (well, sometimes they do, but so does the coach) or misuse challenges or get consistently outsmarted by the opposition or have the team unprepared for the game or make crappy halftime adjustments.

Also, one could take another view of this: part of the coach's job is to develop the QB. Were all 7 of those guys that untalented, or did Jauron and his staff simply not know how to get the most out of them? There's no real way to answer that question, but I have a hard time believing that Jauron got 7 QB's good enough to make it to the NFL and couldn't get performance out of ANY of them.

Great point. I just posed a new thread on the same thing.

Was Jauran a total lame duck his entire career in personnel moves? Probably not.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Well I can tell you 4 of the 7 were garbage - Losman, McNown, Miller, Harrington ... One was a flash in the pan and better in his "slash" role ... Chandler was a has been by the time he got to Chicago and the jury is still out on Edwards.

Your offense doesn't look very good when the guy behind Center is incompetent. If anything, we as Bills fans, should already know this. How many years has our offense looked absolutely putrid save Doug Flutie and a half season of Drew Bledsoe.

So does this mean every coach we had was a bum? Hell, Kevin Gilbride got ran out of town, then goes to NY and is highly respected league wide. Fairchild did some good things down in STL, then he comes here and he's an idiot.

It's pretty simple, Dick, has been the victim of having subpar talent everywhere he's been and that subpar talent includes the most important position on the entire team.

Meanwhile our franchise for the better part of a decade has been the victim of the very same thing.

No one was complaining about Dick when we were 5-1. Our mediocrity on the field simply caught up with us and we're right around where we should be...completely average.

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 12:39 PM

Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Chris Chandler
Kordell Stewart
Joey Harrington
JP Losman
Trent Edwards

Noticing a pattern here?

Umm, Jauron HAS had say in who plays on his team or is he the only coach in the history of the NFL to never have a say in who his QB is? When does HE actually get held responsible for the pitiful talent on the field? I don't buy that this guy has been STUCK with crappy players for his entire career. Maybe, just maybe...this fool is actually part of the process of picking these loser players.

justasportsfan
12-30-2008, 12:40 PM

Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Chris Chandler
Kordell Stewart
Joey Harrington
JP Losman
Trent Edwards

Noticing a pattern here?

haha! you just showed us a pattern of facts that Dick is incompetent.

DraftBoy
12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Not one of those teams had anything close to a playmaker really on offense that I can think of except Lee Evans. So couldn't the same argument be made that if Jauron had a good GM to give him better players with he could be more successful offensively?

justasportsfan
12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Umm, Jauron HAS had say in who plays on his team or is he the only coach in the history of the NFL to never have a say in who his QB is? When does HE actually get held responsible for the pitiful talent on the field? I don't buy that this guy has been STUCK with crappy players for his entire career. Maybe, just maybe...this fool is actually part of the process of picking these loser players.

In FTY's world, the GM decides who plays.

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Not one of those teams had anything close to a playmaker really on offense that I can think of except Lee Evans. So couldn't the same argument be made that if Jauron had a good GM to give him better players with he could be more successful offensively?

Not really. The guy has coached in the NFL for 8 years, there is no way he doesn't have a say in who plays on his team. I'm sorry, that makes no sense at all.

DraftBoy
12-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Not really. The guy has coached in the NFL for 8 years, there is no way he doesn't have a say in who plays on his team. I'm sorry, that makes no sense at all.

You can't say that with confidence. You have no idea how much control if any he had on personnel decisions. You dont even know how much he has here, if any.

Dr. Lecter
This might prove that Jauron is part of the problem, but in no way exonerates the coordinators.

DraftBoy
This might prove that Jauron is part of the problem, but in no way exonerates the coordinators.

or the FO.

justasportsfan
nope, he'd choose a stupid OC anyways. Someone has to choose a good OC for him.

WE could give him an all pro Offense like the redskins have done through the years, he still wouldn't have success.

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 12:44 PM

I just can't understand how people can actually believe that Jauron has no input into who is on his team...that it is ridiculous. Now, I'm not saying he has 100% say, because money does come into play, but it's unrealistic to think he has ZERO input into personnel issues.

DraftBoy
12-30-2008, 12:45 PM
nope, he'd choose a stupid OC anyways. Someone has to choose a good OC for him.

WE could give him an all pro Offense like the redskins have done through the years, he still wouldn't have success.

Again you can't say that because he's never even had an competent offense to play with. So like Nighthawk here you are choosing to assume things we don't know.

Nighthawk
You can't say that with confidence. You have no idea how much control if any he had on personnel decisions. You dont even know how much he has here, if any.

And your arguement is based on the same...which makes IT pointless.

Mr. Pink

The coach can only play who the GM, top college scout and director of pro player personnel provides him with.

Simple as that.

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 12:46 PM

And who picks the OC? Oh, or has Jauron never had a say in that either?

DraftBoy
I just can't understand how people can actually believe that Jauron has no input into who is on his team...that it is ridiculous. Now, I'm not saying he has 100% say, because money does come into play, but it's unrealistic to think he has ZERO input into personnel issues.

Its also unrealistic to just assume he makes the call. Maybe he wanted somebody other than Cade in the draft, but got stuck with him. That's his fault? He's not calling the shots on the personnel. Input? Sure I bet he gives it. Doesn't mean its listened to though. Your making assumptions about something you have no idea about.

justasportsfan
The coach can only play who the GM, top college scout and director of pro player personnel provides him with.

Simple as that.

Cheap Ralphy shouldn't pay for the combine expenses of our coaches.

Nighthawk

Simple as that.

This is an absolute ridiculous statement...what is this...1950?!?!?!

DraftBoy
12-30-2008, 12:47 PM
And your arguement is based on the same...which makes IT pointless.

No its not, I don't lean one way or another just playing devil's advocate to your conclusion. And working off the traditional GM-HC model that we know exists in the NFL. I want DJ gone just like you, but I wont criticize the guy based on assumptions, thats just flawed logic.

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Its also unrealistic to just assume he makes the call. Maybe he wanted somebody other than Cade in the draft, but got stuck with him. That's his fault? He's not calling the shots on the personnel. Input? Sure I bet he gives it. Doesn't mean its listened to though. Your making assumptions about something you have no idea about.

Are you serious with this post? Unless you're in the organization...then you are doing the same...WHAT IS YOUR POINT!!???

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 12:49 PM
No its not, I don't lean one way or another just playing devil's advocate to your conclusion. And working off the traditional GM-HC model that we know exists in the NFL. I want DJ gone just like you, but I wont criticize the guy based on assumptions, thats just flawed logic.

The one constant in all of the stats is Jauron...do you argue that? Well, usually, the constant in any equation is either the problem or the solution.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2008, 12:50 PM
This is an absolute ridiculous statement...what is this...1950?!?!?!

Do you really think that a HC has the time to sift through scouting reports, watch college film, scout other NFL players ALL THE WHILE preparing a game plan, breaking down film, examining matchups and preparing his team?

If you really think that...why is their a top college scout? Why is there a director of pro personnel?

There's not enough hours in the day to do all that work.

Hence why there is separate jobs for it.

justasportsfan
12-30-2008, 12:51 PM
. Your making assumptions about something you have no idea about.

but you can?

Maybe he wanted somebody other than Cade in the draft, but got stuck with him. That's his fault? He's not calling the shots on the personnel. Input? Sure I bet he gives it. Doesn't mean its listened to though.

justasportsfan
12-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Do you really think that a HC has the time to sift through scouting reports, watch college film, scout other NFL players ALL THE WHILE preparing a game plan, breaking down film, examining matchups and preparing his team?

If you really think that...why is their a top college scout? Why is there a director of pro personnel?

There's not enough hours in the day to do all that work.

Hence why there is separate jobs for it.

yes. Parcells does it. He's ecven said it several times that coaches sometimes don't know how to break down film and he has to show them how.

Once again, Dick publicly stated they scouted Walker and broke down his game on film.

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 12:54 PM
but you can?

Exactly...

DraftBoy
12-30-2008, 12:54 PM
The one constant in all of the stats is Jauron...do you argue that? Well, usually, the constant in any equation is either the problem or the solution.

I agree DJ is a constant but there are more than just him as constants, like crappy offenses void of any playmakers, and crappy GM's. Do you not agree?

DraftBoy
12-30-2008, 12:55 PM
but you can?

No, and I didnt say he did either, its called playing devil's advocate and shining light onto the fact that there is no smoking gun that tells DJ is the sole individual at fault for these rankings.

streetkings01
12-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Wow.....Jauron is the new JP Losman! He hasn't had enough talent around him, he wasn't given a real chance to suceed, Angelo ruined him, he had that great 13-3 seaon...ect...

justasportsfan
12-30-2008, 12:59 PM
No, and I didnt say he did either, .

this sounds like an accusation.

Your making assumptions about something you have no idea about..

streetkings01
12-30-2008, 12:59 PM
No, and I didnt say he did either, its called playing devil's advocate and shining light onto the fact that there is no smoking gun that tells DJ is the sole individual at fault for these rankings.He's the sole individual because he's the HC! The guy doesn't know the first thing about QBs or offense.....he doesn't allow a QB to actually be a QB!

justasportsfan
12-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow.....Jauron is the new JP Losman! He hasn't had enough talent around him, he wasn't given a real chance to suceed, Angelo ruined him, he had that great 13-3 seaon...ect...

How ironic. The 2 biggest JP bashers sound like lickers.

DraftBoy
12-30-2008, 01:09 PM
this sounds like an accusation.

Which is not an assumption...your point?

justasportsfan
12-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Which is not an assumption...your point?

It sounded like you told him that he can't make assumptions right after you made assumptions yourself.

madness
12-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Good OC's move on and find success on another NFL team. Every OC in question in this thread has moved on... to die in college.

Now if you would like to argue that Jauron's conservatism changes how his OC's call games, you'd have a valid point. Other than that, Jauron has about as good of a track record hiring competant OC's than he has got consistant play from his QB's.