PDA

View Full Version : Does the name Martz,

billogic99
12-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Suit anyones fancy as the OC? He won't be back in SF. You want to see Trent Edwards explode onto the scene and become the next big thing? Sign that guy. I know he doesn't like to run the ball, but apparently neither does anyone else in Buffalo at the moment, at least Trent would be a starter in the pro-bowl next year and the Bills would have one of the highest scoring offenses in the league, how much easier would life be on the defense than to have an offense that puts up 30 a game??

HughC
12-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Even though he doesn't like to run the ball a lot, he does utilize the running backs. Marshall Faulk with the Rams, Frank Gore with the 49ers, those guys got the ball in their hands plenty of times in Mike Martz offenses.

Given the Bills' offensive ranking, it wouldn't hurt - they could only get better.

superbills
12-31-2008, 01:32 PM
The problem is, what do we do when the weather in Buffalo takes a turn for the worse as in half of our home games usually? His offense relies too much on pass-first and then run to support the pass. We need an OC and an offense that does things the other way around.

The Jokeman
12-31-2008, 01:32 PM
I'd rather we go after a guy like Mike Shanahan for OC as think the WCO be a good fit for guys like Edwards and Lynch. Yet I really doubt either him or Martz would ever come here.

mchurchfie
12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry but if you read between the lines Turk Schonert isn't going anywhere so this is all a hopeful but moot point.:ill:

TacklingDummy
12-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Can Martz bring Warner, Faulk, Holt, Pace, and Bruce in their prime with him?

MDFINFAN
12-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Can Martz bring Warner, Faulk, Holt, Pace, and Bruce in their prime with him?

:roflmao: :roflmao:

yordad
12-31-2008, 08:04 PM
I think I've been asking for Martz as OC for about 4 straight years now.

TrEd FTW
12-31-2008, 10:57 PM
He and Bobby April hate each other. They wouldn't coexist on the same staff, and I'd choose April 100 times out of 100 when it comes to him and Martz.

Jan Reimers
01-01-2009, 08:37 AM
I think Martz had the "perfect storm" for a few years in St. Louis with a QB at his very peak, one of the great all-purpose RBs of all time, a bevy of great receivers, and a cozy dome in which to put it all together. He will never have all that - or the success it brought - again.

Albany,n.y.
01-01-2009, 09:10 AM
And he's been fired 3 of those 4 years. Coincidence? Not likely.
Martz is one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL. It doesn't take long for the team that hires him to realize what a dud he is. He cost Nolan his job by convincing him to start O'Sullivan because the QB knew Martz's offense. The 49ers started winning as soon as Singletary sent O'Sullivan to the bench.
Martz made Jauron look competent when he was a head coach. If you think Jauron uselessly burns time outs, look at Martz's record in Stl. If the 2 of them got together, we'd be out of timeouts on our 1st offensive drive.

acehole
01-01-2009, 09:10 AM

I dont think it is a good fit.

He likes passing....

He like going long.

He does not like to run.

Is not a team player.

don137
01-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Could you picture Martz calling the plays last Sunday in the windy conditions? I couldn't. That is why he is not a good fit for a Buffalo offense.

billogic99
01-01-2009, 01:03 PM
The problem is, what do we do when the weather in Buffalo takes a turn for the worse as in half of our home games usually? His offense relies too much on pass-first and then run to support the pass. We need an OC and an offense that does things the other way around.

Don't forget the games north of the border in a dome.

billogic99
01-01-2009, 01:06 PM
And he's been fired 3 of those 4 years. Coincidence? Not likely.
Martz is one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL. It doesn't take long for the team that hires him to realize what a dud he is. He cost Nolan his job by convincing him to start O'Sullivan because the QB knew Martz's offense. The 49ers started winning as soon as Singletary sent O'Sullivan to the bench.
Martz made Jauron look competent when he was a head coach. If you think Jauron uselessly burns time outs, look at Martz's record in Stl. If the 2 of them got together, we'd be out of timeouts on our 1st offensive drive.

It's not intended to be a long term solution, it's to build confidence. Get the guy for a year or two and suddenly the offensive production goes up dramtically.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2009, 01:23 PM
If we can bring Dick Vermeil in to control and harness Martz' energies sure.

After Vermeil left, Martz decided using his all-pro RB frequently wasn't in his best interests.

You really want that here? You're nuts.

billogic99
01-01-2009, 06:02 PM
If we can bring Dick Vermeil in to control and harness Martz' energies sure.

After Vermeil left, Martz decided using his all-pro RB frequently wasn't in his best interests.

You really want that here? You're nuts.

Would you trade what the Bills put on the field this year for 25 to 30 points a game no matter how it's done? If you say no, you're nuts.

paladin warrior
01-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry but if you read between the lines Turk Schonert isn't going anywhere so this is all a hopeful but moot point.:ill: Then Fire him... Or give him a pink paper

Mr. Pink
01-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Would you trade what the Bills put on the field this year for 25 to 30 points a game no matter how it's done? If you say no, you're nuts.

Because the 49ers scored 25-30 points regularly this year, you're right.

That 30-3 blowout they handed us was rough wasn't it?

Oh wait, that's right, that didn't happen.

billogic99
01-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Because the 49ers scored 25-30 points regularly this year, you're right.

That 30-3 blowout they handed us was rough wasn't it?

Oh wait, that's right, that didn't happen.

Well you know all, so you don't need to be in a conversation where people can talk posibilities. So move on to another thread and tell everyone how you know all about that topic.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Well you know all, so you don't need to be in a conversation where people can talk posibilities. So move on to another thread and tell everyone how you know all about that topic.

Nah, I like responding here...

Turk led Bills offense - 21.0 ppg
Martz led 49er offense - 21.2 ppg

Turk led Bills offense 115.1 rushing ypg
Martz led 49er offense 99.9 rushing ypg

Frank Gore stats the past two years

w/ Martz 240 1036 6
w/o Martz 312 1695 8

People complain that Lynch is mis-utilized now as it is.

Where's the improvement from what we have already in Turk exactly?

Because the stats don't lie and no one can honestly say there is an improvement.

AndreReed83
01-01-2009, 09:17 PM
The Bills didn't utilize their running game enough this season. Mike Martz would only exacerbate the problem.

justasportsfan
01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Martz will cost more than 2 million a year. No way we'll pay an OC a higher slary than the HC. We're stuck with Turd.

patmoran2006
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Suit anyones fancy as the OC? He won't be back in SF. You want to see Trent Edwards explode onto the scene and become the next big thing? Sign that guy. I know he doesn't like to run the ball, but apparently neither does anyone else in Buffalo at the moment, at least Trent would be a starter in the pro-bowl next year and the Bills would have one of the highest scoring offenses in the league, how much easier would life be on the defense than to have an offense that puts up 30 a game??
No.

Two reasons.

1- His personality would clash with jauron.. Actually, anyone who isnt a statue and/or a puppet would clash with Jauron.

2- Martz is exactly what this offense DOESNT NEED. our strength should be a ground and pound game.. WE got two great RBs for that.. The last thing we need is an OC who is "pass happy.".

Trent, like it or not, is a game manager. He could be a VERY good one. But our offense will never be successful if its primarily predicated on Trent passing the ball 30-40 times per game. We dont have the WR and the TE for that kind of offense.

We need a firmer committment to running the ball.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
well he beat us in Buffalo in Dec so i d be ok if this happened