PDA

View Full Version : Jauron Staying is Excellent News!

Mahdi
12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Personally this is great news.... No one knows more than Jauron exactly what this team needs to succeed. Every year since he has been here we have been missing crucial elements needed to win on a consistent basis.

First 2 years we had terrible QB play. This year although we improved in that area it still was not good enough to make us a winning team. We also suffered due to a lack of pass rushers. Every single playoff team has at least 1 consistent/dominant pass rusher and most have 2. We dont even have one, sorry but that doesn't cut it in the NFL.

Add to to that the struggles of a first year OC and you have the makings of a 7-9 team. No coach in the NFL would succeed with this team as it is right now.

Im certain Jauron will add a pass rusher or 2 and we will also add some talent to the offense because although great coaching helps, talent allows coaches to diversify and execute a wider array of plays.

I think some of us over-estimate the impact a HC has on a football team both when they are winning and when they are losing. A HC's job is to lead a team, develop a strategy and handle egos. I think Jauron does a great job in those areas but when your hands are tied due to lack of talent and players that can actually execute consistently you're in trouble no matter who you are....

Let's focus on the off-season now... It should be a fun FA/draft season.

Lexwhat
12-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I predict lots of Negative Reps coming your way.

patmoran2006
12-30-2008, 04:16 PM
are you freegin serious?

Did you actually WATCH THE COACHING ON SUNDAYS?

lol

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Personally this is great news.... No one knows more than Jauron exactly what this team needs to succeed. Every year since he has been here we have been missing crucial elements needed to win on a consistent basis.

First 2 years we had terrible QB play. This year although we improved in that area it still was not good enough to make us a winning team. We also suffered due to a lack of pass rushers. Every single playoff team has at least 1 consistent/dominant pass rusher and most have 2. We dont even have one, sorry but that doesn't cut it in the NFL.

Add to to that the struggles of a first year OC and you have the makings of a 7-9 team. No coach in the NFL would succeed with this team as it is right now.

Im certain Jauron will add a pass rusher or 2 and we will also add some talent to the offense because although great coaching helps, talent allows coaches to diversify and execute a wider array of plays.

I think some of us over-estimate the impact a HC has on a football team both when they are winning and when they are losing. A HC's job is to lead a team, develop a strategy and handle egos. I think Jauron does a great job in those areas but when your hands are tied due to lack of talent and players that can actually execute consistently you're in trouble no matter who you are....

Dude the Bills don't pay your salary. No need to spin. This is a horrendous move and a sign that the owner is a cheap senile piece of ****. We are ****ed.

more cowbell
12-30-2008, 04:34 PM
every single word you just said i couldnt possibly disagree more with

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Mahdi, you're a big poopy! Better?

bigbub2352
12-30-2008, 04:39 PM
this post is a joke

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2008, 04:40 PM
This thread is ****!

Dujek
12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I want to put forward a late nomination for Mahdi as most sarcastic poster 2008...

If you're being serious then your head is lodged firmly up your fundament.

OpIv37
12-30-2008, 04:41 PM

This is just idiotic. We had a far easier schedule and fewer injuries, yet ended up with the same record. That's REGRESSION. This team is going in the WRONG direction. It's an unholy mix of inexperienced youth and washed-up vets. Expect another 7-9 season next year because that's the peak of Jauron's ability.

And you completely neglected Jauron's litany of piss-poor in-game decisions. No QB, OL, or DE will change that.

Typ0
12-30-2008, 04:48 PM
I agree with a lot of what was said. However, I also have to question the clock management. It's impossible to give DJ a pass on those issues as they were not corrected this year which is no indication they will be next year. They need to correct that.

billsfanone
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Excellent news if you enjoy watching losing seasons.

Jauron is a career loser.

Here's to 3 more years of 7-9.

jamze132
12-30-2008, 04:57 PM
**** this ****. I ****ing hate ****** right now.

Mike13
12-30-2008, 05:14 PM
**** this ****. I ****ing hate ****** right now.

I take it you're enamored with the prospect of have Juaron's children?

DrGraves
12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
this is the worst run franchise in the history of sports.

gil
12-30-2008, 05:30 PM
The masochists among the fanbase must be overjoyed at least

Owen DeBoard
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
To retain this ****ing joke of a coach is more embarrising than the Detroit Lions 0-16 record. Maybe we can beat that record by goin 0-16 2 or 3 years in a row with this ****ing clown.

BSU Drew
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
:censored:

billsfanone
12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
I think we founf the 1BD sleeper cell.

Seriously, you must be the only one happy with Jauron.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm not with the news of Jauron staying but I'm not as near as far in the dumps and pissed off because he is either.

I'm more pissed off at Ralph's comments that there are going to be no major shakeups in the front office.

The front office is where most of our problems lie...but it's all good, now they can scapegoat Dick next year when our record is around 4-12.

PECKERWOOD
12-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Call me crazy but that picture of Paladin warrior's GF sure made me hopeful!

LIGHTEN UP GUYS, THIS ISN'T THE END OF THE WORLD!

I'm actually kind of relieved deep down inside that we don't have another coaching/QB carousel in place for next year.

Borosai
12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
No, it's not excellent news... not even close. He's not a leader and he's definitely not a winner. Earn your players' respect by holding each and every one of them accountable for their performance. The Bills don't need a nice guy standing emotionless on the sideline: they need a leader who will have the team prepared on gameday, who won't make the same stupid mistakes every week, and who won't get outcoached by nearly every coach in the league. Yes, even the rookie coaches.

acehole
12-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Improved 7-9 =7-9 84.9 = 85.4

It was a wash...

Juron is here because Trent got a pass as per Ralphs statement.

Look for Turk to be gone (Scape goated).....

Nighthawk
12-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Improved 7-9 =7-9 84.9 = 85.4

It was a wash...

Juron is here because Trent got a pass as per Ralphs statement.

Look for Turk to be gone (Scape goated).....

Nope, per Ralph...no changes coming in FO or coaching staff. Welcome to mediocrity!

jdbillsfan
12-30-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not with the news of Jauron staying but I'm not as near as far in the dumps and pissed off because he is either.

I'm more pissed off at Ralph's comments that there are going to be no major shakeups in the front office.

The front office is where most of our problems lie...but it's all good, now they can scapegoat Dick next year when our record is around 4-12.

Scapegoat Dick? I am not sure that is possible. He already is loser.

jimmacie
12-30-2008, 07:54 PM
And I bet you believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny. I hope your comments were in jest. If not, you are in a distinct minority in Western New York. Jauron is a LOSER!!!!!

billogic99
12-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Personally this is great news.... No one knows more than Jauron exactly what this team needs to succeed. .

Knowing and actually fixing it, are two different animals. Three years in a row of 7-9 isn't a fluke, it's a trend.

billsburgh
12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Nope, per Ralph...no changes coming in FO or coaching staff. Welcome to mediocrity!
no, mediocrity would be 8-8 or maybe 9-7. Dick cant even achieve mediocrity. 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons is less than mediocre. LOSERS

Knowing and actually fixing it, are two different animals. Three years in a row of 7-9 isn't a fluke, it's a trend.
If you look at 3 years in a row of 7-9 with this team, it's a rather bad trend because supposedly each year they've been adding missing pieces to fill holes in the schemes and to add talent but it's the same results.

Mr. McSwagger
12-30-2008, 09:16 PM
This is indeed most exellent news... for a vast majority of the NFL. It's especially good news for the Fins, Jets, and Pats. The only ones it's not "Exellent News" for is the Bills and their fan base.

TigerJ
12-30-2008, 09:39 PM
this is the worst run franchise in the history of sports.

Look at the other end of Lake Erie, and your find one that is run far worse.

Mahdi
12-30-2008, 11:49 PM
every single word you just said i couldnt possibly disagree more with
Yer right... our team is loaded... super bowl here we come ... lets just get a good coach in here and we're set...

SeatownBillsFan21
12-31-2008, 12:11 AM
I am now preparing for this team to leave buffalo sad day in b lo sorry guys

Nighthawk
12-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Hmm, the more I read posts by the person who started this thread, the more it becomes obvious that there are many people who follow football but don't have a clue what they are watching. Just my two cents!

Mahdi
12-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Man,,, most Bills fans are just emotional followers that just want to see someone get axed because it will make them feel like something is being done... most of the time the best solution is to let things be.

You guys wanna say im talking out of my a##, thats fine... but let me show you some facts.... Every team in the playoffs right now has 3 things that we dont that you need to be successful that we dont have and I'll prove it...

#1) Pass Rush: Dolphins 8th in sacks with 40...Porter was top 5.
Steelers 2nd in sacks with 51.... Harrison top 5.
Ravens 11th in sacks with 34 (constant pressure on QBs)
Eagles 3rd in sacks with 48 ( Trent Cole)
Falcons 11th in sacks (John Abraham)
Minnesota Vikings ( Trade for Jared Allen=14.5 sacks =Playoffs)
New York Giants 6th in sacks ( Entire DL involved in pass rush)
Indianapolis Colts 16th in sacks but are always pressuring
Tennessee Titans 5th in sacks ( KVB and Haynesworth)
Carolina Panthers 9th in sacks ( Julius Peppers)
Arizona Cardinals 14th in sacks ( Dockett, Berry etc)
San Diego Chargers 22nd ( worst of the bunch )

Qb Play: Every QB that went to the playoffs is better than what we have: Manning, Manning, Pennington, Flacco, Ryan, Frerotte & Jackson (only exception but who needs passing when you can run the ball at will) Warner, Rivers, Delhomme, Collins, Roethlesberger, McNabb

Stop Run and Run: 10 of the 11 teams stop the run better than we do. 7 of the 12 playoff teams run the ball better than we do and only because we managed to run the ball late in the year. The ones we are better than depend on a passing game that is far superior to ours because they have QBs that are far superior.

So basically, playoff teams rush the passer, run the ball and stop the run. Lets see who we have in that department,,,,

Kelsay and Denney are our pass rushers.....hmmmmm,,,k

We have a magical combination of "Question Mark" Losman and a young Edwards that wasnt as far along as we thought.... thats strike 2

Our run defense was respectable but failed us mainly due to our offense not being able to stay on the field and rest the D... teams were able to run on us late into the 4th which tires out the defense.

Those are the things I think about before yelling and screaming about how our coach should be fired because he cant work miracles... Give Jauron what the playoff teams have then we can judge whether or not he is a suitable coach or not... we're not that many players away from being a winning team.

Nighthawk
12-31-2008, 12:30 AM
Man,,, most Bills fans are just emotional followers that just want to see someone get axed because it will make them feel like something is being done... most of the time the best solution is to let things be.

You guys wanna say im talking out of my a##, thats fine... but let me show you some facts.... Every team in the playoffs right now has 3 things that we dont that you need to be successful and I'll prove it...

#1) Pass Rush: Dolphins 8th in sacks with 40...Porter was top 5.
Steelers 2nd in sacks with 51.... Harrison top 5.
Ravens 11th in sacks with 34 (constant pressure on QBs)
Eagles 3rd in sacks with 48 ( Trent Cole)
Falcons 11th in sacks (John Abraham)
Minnesota Vikings ( Trade for Jared Allen=14.5 sacks =Playoffs)
New York Giants 6th in sacks ( Entire DL involved in pass rush)
Indianapolis Colts 16th in sacks but are always pressuring
Tennessee Titans 5th in sacks ( KVB and Haynesworth)
Carolina Panthers 9th in sacks ( Julius Peppers)
Arizona Cardinals 14th in sacks ( Dockett, Berry etc)
San Diego Chargers 22nd ( worst of the bunch )

Qb Play: Every QB that went to the playoffs is better than what we have: Manning, Manning, Pennington, Flacco, Ryan, Frerotte & Jackson (only exception but who needs passing when you can run the ball at will) Warner, Rivers, Delhomme, Collins, Roethlesberger, McNabb

Stop Run and Run: 10 of the 11 teams stop the run better than we do. 7 of the 12 playoff teams run the ball better than we do and only because we managed to run the ball late in the year. The ones we are better than depend on a passing game that is far superior to ours because they have QBs that are far superior.

So basically, playoff teams rush the passer, run the ball and stop the run. Lets see who we have in that department,,,,

Kelsay and Denney are our pass rushers.....hmmmmm,,,k

We have a magical combination of "Question Mark" Losman and a young Edwards that wasnt as far along as we thought.... thats strike 2

Our run defense was respectable but failed us mainly due to our offense not being able to stay on the field and rest the D... teams were able to run on us late into the 4th which tires out the defense.

Those are the things I think about before yelling and screaming about how our coach should be fired because he cant work miracles... Give Jauron what the playoff teams have then we can judge whether or not he is a suitable coach or not... we're not that many players away from being a winning team.

Man, that stuff you're smoking must be really good!

tat2dmike77
12-31-2008, 12:41 AM

Yeah like a competent coach and staff

Really? So 11td's and 10 INTS is improvement?

Struggles?? That moron couldn't call the right play if his life depended on it

These two words should never goto together when talking about Jauron

Key word in that sentence is lead. Nice guys usually do not make good leaders and he has proved that over and over again.

Are you serious? All this proves is that Ralph is only worried about keeping as much money as he can for his family.

These excuses of bringing in a new staff would set the team back are just that excuses. He does not want to bring in a top notch staff or GM. He would rather keep all the money he can to ensure generations of his family will not have to work. Well he is not getting a damn dime from this year. No ticket money, not clothing money nothing. The only money he will get from me is if the sunday ticket gives him some of my money. This guy can kiss my ass.

I was so angry and still am that i almost wanted to cry. I am embarressed to be a Bills fan for the first time in my life. I have been through so much being a Bills fan in high school was bad enough with the four super bowl losses. And hearing everyone quote those lyrics from Ice Cube and hearing the "Hey you know what BILLS stands for?" joke. This is the all time low for this organization. I hope Ralph goes to hell when he dies F***ING *****!

Mahdi
12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
Are you serious? All this proves is that Ralph is only worried about keeping as much money as he can for his family.

These excuses of bringing in a new staff would set the team back are just that excuses. He does not want to bring in a top notch staff or GM. He would rather keep all the money he can to ensure generations of his family will not have to work. Well he is not getting a damn dime from this year. No ticket money, not clothing money nothing. The only money he will get from me is if the sunday ticket gives him some of my money. This guy can kiss my ass.

I was so angry and still am that i almost wanted to cry. I am embarressed to be a Bills fan for the first time in my life. I have been through so much being a Bills fan in high school was bad enough with the four super bowl losses. And hearing everyone quote those lyrics from Ice Cube and hearing the "Hey you know what BILLS stands for?" joke. This is the all time low for this organization. I hope Ralph goes to hell when he dies F***ING *****!
Yer counterpoints make no sense. I clearly stated that our QB play although improved was not good enough... what point are you trying to make by confirming what I said with the stats? Then you counter the fact that I said our OC struggled by agreeing with me... ???

Mahdi
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Man, that stuff you're smoking must be really good!
All I stated in my post was facts and stats you either cant read or dont understand the difference between stated facts and opinion... if I gave an opinion just now then you could question my logic... however I stated facts and presented stats so how am I wrong... again,,,, present an argument or something factual yourself otherwise yer posts are just a waste of time.

tat2dmike77
12-31-2008, 01:04 AM
How about this Jauron has not had a winning since he was in Chicago.

This was supposed to be the year that the Offense was opened up and we were really going to see trent edwards light it up.

Marshawn Lynch was supposed to be a Pro Bowl back this year.

With the addition of Mitchell and Stroud our defense was going to solve the run stopping problems that have plagued this team for years.

But most of all this team start out 6-1 and took a big fat dump. A 3 game slide is fine i can even live with a four game slide. But there was ol dickey just standing there on the sideline each week with the look of confusion on his face. Instead of getting in players faces and yelling at them. A leader is not a nice guy a leader is guy who you will do anything for and listen to. A leader challenges everyone to be the best they can be. This guy is not a leader he is just a figure head. He has proven he can't make personel descisions. But yeah it's a good thing he is coming back. I mean if you are happy with 7-9 and then i guess it is ok. Me i am sick of 7-9 and sick of saying well maybe next year.

Jaydog57
12-31-2008, 01:29 AM
I read on ESPN that the main reason he got that coaching job was 'cause he's friends with Marv Levy. That's no reason to keep somebody as a head coach if it's not working out. But I guess Marv know's what he's doing, he took you guys to the Super Bowl four times in a row. Best of luck with another year of Jauron.:peace:

BAM
12-31-2008, 07:40 AM
So we're holding on to our Dick.

justasportsfan
12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
.... No one knows more than Jauron exactly what this team needs to succeed. .

:roflmao: Even a ****** knows this team needs an offense . Something Dick is clueless about.

lukabrossi
12-31-2008, 09:54 AM
i can't believe i even wasted my precious time reading this garbage........you sir, are clueless.

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 10:57 AM
I disagree with Mahdi on lots of things...Lynch, Evans for examples...

He's about spot on with this thread though...

Is Dicky the best coach we could possibly have? No.

There's better options out there, obviously.

However, without the proper talent on the field, no matter who's coaching...we stlill don't have a winning product.

I disagree on the ego's bit though seeing the only ego this team has is Jason Peters who goes running his mouth about contract whenever he can. No one else on this team is good enough to have an ego.

justasportsfan
12-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Dick wouldn't know what to do if he had loads of talent.

"Hey Peyton, I want you to scramble for 40 yards , mkay?Tell Randy MOss and Fitzgerald that their job is to block for you all the time whenever I call for a scramble which is 80% of the time you have the ball. BTW, Adrian Peterson is our qb in the 2nd half. "

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Dick wouldn't know what to do if he had loads of talent.

"Hey Peyton, I want you to scramble for 40 yards , mkay? "

Yes. Because he designs that for the pocket passer we have now, right?

justasportsfan
12-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes. Because he designs that for the pocket passer we have now, right?

You wish. he couldn't design crap to save his life.

It's really sad when the HC is at the mercy of an OC thats never had any OC experience because he's been a qb coach that hasn't produced great qbs.

Cassel is a better runner . He learned it with all his vast experience /sarcasm.

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 11:06 AM
You wish. he couldn't design crap to save his life.

Cassel is a better runner . He learned it with all his vast experience /sarcasm.

:rofl:

Because Cassel never did any physical activity of any kind til this year!

You love to blame anything and everything on coaching don't you?