• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Congrats, Richard

I could very well be wrong, and Im sure it will be pointed out.. But off the top of my head, you may be the first coach in NFL history (not including expansion teams) to take a head coaching job, produce not one, not two but three straight LOSING seasons.. Have about 95% of the media tear you a new ass and 99.9% of the fans call for your head. Make mistake after mistake on game day that my 10 year old DAUGHTER can notice. Oh, and have WON winning season out of eight in your career.

and get rewarded with a contract extension!!!!!!

You are the man Jauron.
    Honestly, Ralph didnt even have to "fire" him.. All he had to do was NOT RENEW his ****ing contract!

Can anyone else think of a coach, especially a "veteran" coach who has ever came to a team had THREE straight losing seasons, and NOT get replaced? Did we set history again? WE already became the first team in NFL history to start 4-0 and finish dead last in our division.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Congrats, Richard

The only thing I can think of that is comparable to this is Matt Millen keeping his job after last year.

We all know how that turned out.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal
      The only thing I can think of that is comparable to this is Matt Millen keeping his job after last year.

He's a GM.

BTW, I hope Jauron gets more involved in the personnel aspect, so we can watch him sign and/or go after EVERY BEAR AND LION on the market!

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

what a sad day this is. at least i can now officially party in septemeber october november and december next year becuz i wont give a **** about watching bills games at 1

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          He's a GM.

BTW, I hope Jauron gets more involved in the personnel aspect, so we can watch him sign and/or go after EVERY BEAR AND LION on the market!
          I know he is a GM. He is the only guy in the NFL I can thinks of who sucked as much and still kept his job, though.

Finding a coach who has been as incompetent as Jauron and GOT AN EXTENSION is likely impossible.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

has to be someone..

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal

yeah... classic.

actually Millen got a 5 year and something crazy like a 50 mil contract extension... in 2005 i think.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Akhippo
                • Nov 2002

Not only three straight losing seasons; but add to that a collosal meltdown in his third year. Being shut out in your own division. Knowing the only road that will get you to the playoffs is through NE, and having a HORRIBLE record against them.

All signs point to an extension to me.
                Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

Pat:

To answer your question seriously, I give you the name Jeff Fisher.

I'm not sure what his contract details were though, and I don't even remember anything about those Oilers/Titans teams.

Maybe someone else knows?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                    Pat:

I'm not sure what his contract details were though, and I don't even remember anything about those Oilers/Titans teams.

Fisher has never had back to back to back losing seasons in his 15 season in Houston/Tennessee.

He had 5 straight seasons of not making it over .500 to start his career there though.

1-5, 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8 then he took the Titans to the SB.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                      Pat:

yeah that's a good observation, but it was at the start of his career and Im' almost sure that was his first head coaching gig.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Fisher has never had back to back to back losing seasons in his 15 season in Houston/Tennessee.

He had 5 straight seasons of not making it over .500 to start his career there though.

C'mon, I thought for sure you'd be the one to come up with at least a few names.

Is this "rehire" really THAT unprecedented?

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

My fault. Well 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 is not much different than 7-9, 7-9, 7-9...

Just to be clear though, I'm not comparing Jauron and Fisher. Fisher was a 1st time coach, and this is Jauron's 3rd head-coaching job already (including the Lions).

And I hate the **** that Ralph is pulling right now. If we hired a new (and real) GM, I wouldn't mind Jauron coming back that much. But it looks like we are doing NOTHING!

Sad.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

yeah that's a good observation, but it was at the start of his career and Im' almost sure that was his first head coaching gig.
                            Yes you're right, there's not much comparison. As I posted above, this is Jauron's 3rd head-coaching job. He's a proven loser.

Now that I've calmed down though, I might as well wait and see how this off-season goes. If we don't make major moves, we won't make the playoffs next year, so I won't be set up for disappointment.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

C'mon, I thought for sure you'd be the one to come up with at least a few names.

Is this "rehire" really THAT unprecedented?
                              Tom Landry is the biggest name I can think of.

First five seasons with the Cowboys they had a losing record.

Don't know contract details of his first deal, but I doubt he'd have a first contract that was longer than 5 years.

They kept him for 29 years.

And I do know that Chuck Noll didn't have a winning season til season 4 with the Steelers.

Comment

Working...
                              X