• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

The Official "I cant wait to read Sullys next column" thread

Hasn't been written yet, but I'm sure he's about to get a ton of newly converted fans when he pens that next column.

WHomever sees it first, post it on this thread.. I cant WAIT to read his column.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • SABuffalo786
    • Feb 2003

Re: The Official "I cant wait to read Sullys next column" thread

He's going to be ****ing apopolectic. I can't wait.
    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

He makes a lot of valid points.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Romes
        OUCH! Ralph....that's gotta hurt

Comment

• topher180
          • Sep 2008

Great name for a thread, great job posting the link, and great column. Sully is money.

inĀ·ept
          Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Man, that's a very good article. Sullivan hit it on the nose.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

Jauron was a cheap, uninspired choice from the start. But he gets to stay, because Wilson couldn't stomach the alternative. Content with three straight 7-9s, the owner wasn't ready for drastic change. And presumably, Wilson didn't want to pay the price of buying him out.
              Wilson can't begin to grasp the disgust among the fans right now. His team is a joke. On Tuesday, Denver fired Mike Shanahan, who has two Super Bowl rings. Bill Cowher and Brian Billick are in the job market. They've both won Super Bowls. Marty Schottenheimer, who has won more than 60 percent of his games in the regular season, is available.
              Wilson wouldn't pay half of what it cost for any of them. Wilson says he shares the fans' frustration. He has no idea. I'm not sure he cares. This is the same man who let the Miami game go to Toronto and laughed when the team played like a bunch of dogs.
              He blames "offensive game management" for his team's failures. By singling out the offense, Wilson might be trying to distance Jauron, a defensive coach by trade, from his team's most glaring problem.
              There were a lot of dubious offensive calls during the Bills' collapse. But Jauron was the guy doing most of the bumbling on game day, the man who couldn't get a challenge flag out of his pocket or make sensible use of timeouts. If he's such a defensive whiz, why can't the Bills stop people when it matters?
              Generally, Wilson identifies a scapegoat to appease the masses. This time, he's not likely to fire any assistants. Extending Jauron's contract is a validation of what he's done here, a statement for continuity. How would it look if they sacrificed coaches?

Comment

• Dujek
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2008

Sully showed great restraint there. I still can't write anything about that decision without swearing.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

He's balls on here.

And the real irony, is that Sully's only been here since the latter days of the Chuck Knox Administration.

He's never lived through the late 60's and 70's

That's what makes it freakin hysterical: In Wilson's eyes...this is a successful team!

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                    • Feb 2003

He sounded livid on WGR this morning. His New Year's resolutoin was to "not be so easy on the Bills anymore". Yikes.
                    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• topher180
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                      He sounded livid on WGR this morning. His New Year's resolutoin was to "not be so easy on the Bills anymore". Yikes.
                      Can't wait to hear that podcast.

In past years, thought Sullivan was a sniveling little b**** at times. The kind of columnist who will find negativity wherever he looks. Now though, I kind of feel like he's become the voice of the entire fan base. I give him a lot of credit because people at OBD do read his columns (see Ralph's note to The News) and he still sacks up in pressers with DJ and asks tough questions. We all know he won't get any legitamate answers, but his heart is in the right place.

inĀ·ept
                      Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

What happened to all the fans hating Sully?

I still remember when no one could stand him and thought he was too negative.

He's been speaking the truth for ever since I can remember.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Sullivan could easily be a poster here for all the credentials he brings to the table. The only difference is that everyone is the mood right now to hear the little jerk. Tell me why his opinion (more than any other smo) should matter to any of us? Has he ever played football at any level? Ever coached it at any level? Does he have inside relationships with anyone who is an authority on football? (If so he's never quoted anyone noteworthy that I recall) So what does he have to offer? A negative opinion? Decent writing skills? What? He watches the games. We all do. So what? Sullivan reminds me of the nerdy short kid with glasses that never got picked for sports and is now getting his revenge on those mean old "jocks". Yawn.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

I caught the tail end of his segment on WGR this morning and my initial thought was "Holy ****" and then I heard who it was. I never really read a lot of his stuff but I might start now. He is dead on.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                              • Feb 2003

The Snooze has better sports writers than most of the city gives them credit for.

We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              BUFF-A-LO

Comment

Working...
                              X