Is it just me, or does this make no sense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Is it just me, or does this make no sense?

In the AP article, it says:
    Wilson warned that he will not be complacent in seeking improvements, saying in his discussions he identified several issues that need to be addressed.
    Wilson didn't offer details, but noted his unhappiness with a sputtering offense that was limited to scoring two field goals in its three final home games — including a 13-0 season-ending loss to New England last weekend and a 16-3 loss to Miami in a Bills home game played at Toronto on Dec. 7.
    ....but it also says this:
    The Bills owner announced he had decided to retain Jauron and the entire coaching staff after meeting with the coach Tuesday at Wilson's home in suburban Detroit.
    "I believe that this team, at this time, is better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul," Wilson said in a three-paragraph statement released by the team.
    link
    So in other words, Turk is staying as well. So how is our "sputtering offense" supposed to improve?

• Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is it just me, or does this make no sense?

This organization is a joke...

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

It means Moorman will be trying more punt fakes, since he'll be punting far more often than the norm.

The Bills will highlight his running & throwing prowness in next years media guide.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
        In the AP article, it says:

....but it also says this:

link
        So in other words, Turk is staying as well. So how is our "sputtering offense" supposed to improve?
        This explains it....

Although it's suggested but not spelled out in Wilson's statement, a league source said Jauron's contract gives him complete hiring-and-firing control over his staff and that no changes are expected.

That means offensive coordinator Turk Schonert probably will be back despite Wilson's declaration "I share many of the fans' dissatisfaction with our offensive game management."
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

WTF! We are keeping all of these losers!??!

Comment

Working...
          X