To those of you who are happy that we're getting Dicked again next year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

To those of you who are happy that we're getting Dicked again next year....

Keep in mind that this is a FINANCIAL decision, not a football one.

We had the same record with an easier schedule and fewer injuries, so the team actually REGRESSED. 0-6 in the division. Terrible play calling. Clock management issues that haven't been fixed since Jauron got here in 2006. Squandering a 5-1 record.

There is absolutely no football reason whatsoever why this career loser should still be our coach.

But, Ralph ejaculated prematurely and showered Jauron with a new contract. Now he doesn't want to pay two coaches when only one would actually be coaching the team. So, the fans get Dicked again.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: To those of you who are happy that we're getting Dicked again next year....

**** YOU RALPH WILSON.

How much longer can this guy live?

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

We had the same record with an easier schedule and fewer injuries, so the team actually REGRESSED. 0-6 in the division. Terrible play calling. Clock management issues that haven't been fixed since Jauron got here in 2006. Squandering a 5-1 record.

There is absolutely no football reason whatsoever why this career loser should still be our coach.

But, Ralph ejaculated prematurely and showered Jauron with a new contract. Now he doesn't want to pay two coaches when only one would actually be coaching the team. So, the fans get Dicked again.
      Strange things happen all the time in NFL. Just when you think something should work, it might just go the other way.

Look at the playoff teams this year.

I'm not writing off this team in 2009 at all. It might be as bad as 2008 because you think the coaches are the same, but it could also turn. I can see a few rallying points: Schonert may have a 2nd year OC jump from his rookie campagne; O-Line may respond better to our new O-Line coach entering his second season at that position; we may sign an impact FA; we may draft a stud; ...

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
        Strange things happen all the time in NFL. Just when you think something should work, it might just go the other way.

Look at the playoff teams this year.

I'm not writing off this team in 2009 at all. It might be as bad as 2008 because you think the coaches are the same, but it could also turn. I can see a few rallying points: Schonert may have a 2nd year OC jump from his rookie campagne; O-Line may respond better to our new O-Line coach entering his second season at that position; we may sign an impact FA; we may draft a stud; ...
        yeah, this is a broken ****ing record that's been skipping for 10 years now. O-line coach? Does "McNally" ring a bell? As far as drafting and FA's, it's the same morons picking the talent and the same senile old man writing the checks. Other than the guy at the top, this is the same FO that dates back to the Tom Donahoe days. They don't know what they're doing.

And please- at least fire Schonert. He's Fairchild with a different name.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

Absolutely. I am convinced that had they not given him the extension early on this season that Dick would be gone.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

to those 5 people who like keeping dick, make sure you get your season tickets together. You'll want each other's body heat to help fight the winds in december.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
              to those 5 people who like keeping dick, make sure you get your season tickets together. You'll want each other's body heat to help fight the winds in december.
              which makes me wonder.... does Ralph have people doing cost/benefit analysis?

I'm thinking he got some back office bean-counter to crunch the numbers on buying out Jauron's contract plus a new coach's salary vs. the potential lost revenue from keeping Jauron. And keeping Jauron turned out to be cheaper.

Of course, I could also be giving the old coot too much credit. He probably just said "I'm not paying a man to not work" and that was the end of it.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

I'm thinking he got some back office bean-counter to crunch the numbers on buying out Jauron's contract plus a new coach's salary vs. the potential lost revenue from keeping Jauron. And keeping Jauron turned out to be cheaper.

Of course, I could also be giving the old coot too much credit. He probably just said "I'm not paying a man to not work" and that was the end of it.
                This essentially is modeling the figures based on 2009 assumptions. In the hedge fund world, all the funds that used modeling and got their assumptions wrong, got wiped out.

There are some things you can't model to any degree of certainty....especially in uncertain times. The stadium is going to be empty next year.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  I disagree.

I believe every game will be sold out again next year.

The lemmings can't help themselves, mainly because if they give up their seats, they lose them.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Maybe we didnt have as many injuries but we had very crucial ones. Schobel getting injured turned our average pass rush into ZERO pass rush, Edwards getting injured took our slightly above or average QB play and brought it down to horrible QB play for 3 games this year.

For me its not that I think Jauron is a great coach, Im just a realist and I know just like everyone else on this board should know, you dont win in the NFL without certain components of your team being effective. One is QB, two is pass rush, 3 is OL play and we were below average in all those departments. Our OL only started opening holes in the last 3 games of the year.

With all that in mind I would just rather see Jauron stay another year and avoid a huge overhaul of the team. Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseason, and when it is done and we actually have a team that can realistically compete against good teams, then I/we will be able to evaluate Jauron on a fair playing field. As someone on this board said recently, we go into gun fights with butter knives on Sundays lets see if Jauron can get it done with some fire power. If not, then I will be the first one clamoring for a new coach next year.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Good point.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

No way man. He wouldn't want to pay that bean counter.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          Maybe we didnt have as many injuries but we had very crucial ones. Schobel getting injured turned our average pass rush into ZERO pass rush, Edwards getting injured took our slightly above or average QB play and brought it down to horrible QB play for 3 games this year.

For me its not that I think Jauron is a great coach, Im just a realist and I know just like everyone else on this board should know, you dont win in the NFL without certain components of your team being effective. One is QB, two is pass rush, 3 is OL play and we were below average in all those departments. Our OL only started opening holes in the last 3 games of the year.

With all that in mind I would just rather see Jauron stay another year and avoid a huge overhaul of the team. Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseason, and when it is done and we actually have a team that can realistically compete against good teams, then I/we will be able to evaluate Jauron on a fair playing field. As someone on this board said recently, we go into gun fights with butter knives on Sundays lets see if Jauron can get it done with some fire power. If not, then I will be the first one clamoring for a new coach next year.
                          Injury is a sad excuse especiallly when you compare ours to the PAts. Injury is a sad excuse for going 0-6 in the division. We had injuries last year but we were better then than now.

I'd rather get on and start the rebuild now instead of 2010. Why waste another year. Besides like I said, even if we make playoffs, Dick isn't gonna win the sb.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseason
                            lol. Was that supposed to be funny?
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Great post! And I commend RW for keeping Jaroun because it's a way that RW himself will be held accountable. If another coaching staff was to come in here it would just be another reason the pieces aren't in place to be successful. This way, outside of massive injuries there will be no excuses next year as we right now know the things that are missing because the team has been getting better as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                              X