PDA

View Full Version : To those of you who are happy that we're getting Dicked again next year....

OpIv37
12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Keep in mind that this is a FINANCIAL decision, not a football one.

We had the same record with an easier schedule and fewer injuries, so the team actually REGRESSED. 0-6 in the division. Terrible play calling. Clock management issues that haven't been fixed since Jauron got here in 2006. Squandering a 5-1 record.

There is absolutely no football reason whatsoever why this career loser should still be our coach.

But, Ralph ejaculated prematurely and showered Jauron with a new contract. Now he doesn't want to pay two coaches when only one would actually be coaching the team. So, the fans get Dicked again.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
:bf1:

**** YOU RALPH WILSON.

How much longer can this guy live?

ghz in pittsburgh
12-30-2008, 09:06 PM

We had the same record with an easier schedule and fewer injuries, so the team actually REGRESSED. 0-6 in the division. Terrible play calling. Clock management issues that haven't been fixed since Jauron got here in 2006. Squandering a 5-1 record.

There is absolutely no football reason whatsoever why this career loser should still be our coach.

But, Ralph ejaculated prematurely and showered Jauron with a new contract. Now he doesn't want to pay two coaches when only one would actually be coaching the team. So, the fans get Dicked again.

Strange things happen all the time in NFL. Just when you think something should work, it might just go the other way.

Look at the playoff teams this year.

I'm not writing off this team in 2009 at all. It might be as bad as 2008 because you think the coaches are the same, but it could also turn. I can see a few rallying points: Schonert may have a 2nd year OC jump from his rookie campagne; O-Line may respond better to our new O-Line coach entering his second season at that position; we may sign an impact FA; we may draft a stud; ...

OpIv37
12-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Strange things happen all the time in NFL. Just when you think something should work, it might just go the other way.

I'm not writing off this team in 2009 at all. It might be as bad as 2008 because you think the coaches are the same, but it could also turn. I can see a few rallying points: Schonert may have a 2nd year OC jump from his rookie campagne; O-Line may respond better to our new O-Line coach entering his second season at that position; we may sign an impact FA; we may draft a stud; ...

yeah, this is a broken ****ing record that's been skipping for 10 years now. O-line coach? Does "McNally" ring a bell? As far as drafting and FA's, it's the same morons picking the talent and the same senile old man writing the checks. Other than the guy at the top, this is the same FO that dates back to the Tom Donahoe days. They don't know what they're doing.

And please- at least fire Schonert. He's Fairchild with a different name.

DynaPaul
12-30-2008, 10:05 PM

Absolutely. I am convinced that had they not given him the extension early on this season that Dick would be gone.

trapezeus
12-30-2008, 10:07 PM
to those 5 people who like keeping dick, make sure you get your season tickets together. You'll want each other's body heat to help fight the winds in december.

OpIv37
12-31-2008, 08:34 AM
to those 5 people who like keeping dick, make sure you get your season tickets together. You'll want each other's body heat to help fight the winds in december.

which makes me wonder.... does Ralph have people doing cost/benefit analysis?

I'm thinking he got some back office bean-counter to crunch the numbers on buying out Jauron's contract plus a new coach's salary vs. the potential lost revenue from keeping Jauron. And keeping Jauron turned out to be cheaper.

Of course, I could also be giving the old coot too much credit. He probably just said "I'm not paying a man to not work" and that was the end of it.

trapezeus
01-02-2009, 09:35 AM

I'm thinking he got some back office bean-counter to crunch the numbers on buying out Jauron's contract plus a new coach's salary vs. the potential lost revenue from keeping Jauron. And keeping Jauron turned out to be cheaper.

Of course, I could also be giving the old coot too much credit. He probably just said "I'm not paying a man to not work" and that was the end of it.

This essentially is modeling the figures based on 2009 assumptions. In the hedge fund world, all the funds that used modeling and got their assumptions wrong, got wiped out.

There are some things you can't model to any degree of certainty....especially in uncertain times. The stadium is going to be empty next year.

Historian
01-02-2009, 09:45 AM

I disagree.

I believe every game will be sold out again next year.

The lemmings can't help themselves, mainly because if they give up their seats, they lose them.

Mahdi
01-02-2009, 09:57 AM

Maybe we didnt have as many injuries but we had very crucial ones. Schobel getting injured turned our average pass rush into ZERO pass rush, Edwards getting injured took our slightly above or average QB play and brought it down to horrible QB play for 3 games this year.

For me its not that I think Jauron is a great coach, Im just a realist and I know just like everyone else on this board should know, you dont win in the NFL without certain components of your team being effective. One is QB, two is pass rush, 3 is OL play and we were below average in all those departments. Our OL only started opening holes in the last 3 games of the year.

With all that in mind I would just rather see Jauron stay another year and avoid a huge overhaul of the team. Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseason, and when it is done and we actually have a team that can realistically compete against good teams, then I/we will be able to evaluate Jauron on a fair playing field. As someone on this board said recently, we go into gun fights with butter knives on Sundays lets see if Jauron can get it done with some fire power. If not, then I will be the first one clamoring for a new coach next year.

Historian
01-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Good point.

yordad
01-02-2009, 10:13 AM

No way man. He wouldn't want to pay that bean counter.

justasportsfan
01-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Maybe we didnt have as many injuries but we had very crucial ones. Schobel getting injured turned our average pass rush into ZERO pass rush, Edwards getting injured took our slightly above or average QB play and brought it down to horrible QB play for 3 games this year.

For me its not that I think Jauron is a great coach, Im just a realist and I know just like everyone else on this board should know, you dont win in the NFL without certain components of your team being effective. One is QB, two is pass rush, 3 is OL play and we were below average in all those departments. Our OL only started opening holes in the last 3 games of the year.

With all that in mind I would just rather see Jauron stay another year and avoid a huge overhaul of the team. Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseason, and when it is done and we actually have a team that can realistically compete against good teams, then I/we will be able to evaluate Jauron on a fair playing field. As someone on this board said recently, we go into gun fights with butter knives on Sundays lets see if Jauron can get it done with some fire power. If not, then I will be the first one clamoring for a new coach next year.

Injury is a sad excuse especiallly when you compare ours to the PAts. Injury is a sad excuse for going 0-6 in the division. We had injuries last year but we were better then than now.

I'd rather get on and start the rebuild now instead of 2010. Why waste another year. Besides like I said, even if we make playoffs, Dick isn't gonna win the sb.

yordad
01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Jauron knows just like everyone else here that we need a DE or 2, a TE, a C and a LB and im pretty sure that will get done in the offseasonlol. Was that supposed to be funny?

Typ0
01-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Great post! And I commend RW for keeping Jaroun because it's a way that RW himself will be held accountable. If another coaching staff was to come in here it would just be another reason the pieces aren't in place to be successful. This way, outside of massive injuries there will be no excuses next year as we right now know the things that are missing because the team has been getting better as a whole.

justasportsfan
01-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Great post! And I commend RW for keeping Jaroun because it's a way that RW himself will be held accountable. If another coaching staff was to come in here it would just be another reason the pieces aren't in place to be successful. This way, outside of massive injuries there will be no excuses next year as we right now know the things that are missing because the team has been getting better as a whole.
fans like typo must love the fact that we haven't won a sb and will never win one.

Mahdi
01-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Injury is a sad excuse especiallly when you compare ours to the PAts. Injury is a sad excuse for going 0-6 in the division. We had injuries last year but we were better then than now.

I'd rather get on and start the rebuild now instead of 2010. Why waste another year. Besides like I said, even if we make playoffs, Dick isn't gonna win the sb.
I seem to remember this board claiming that Gilbride was a horrible OC and we had to get rid of him cause he was clueless. Suddenly Gilbride is considered one of the BEST OC in the league and is being considered for HC jobs. Nothing is as clear cut as we are making it seem.

This team last year was not necessarily worse and this team is not necessarily better. We had weaknesses last year and we still have those same ones this year compounded with a worse pass rush than the year before.

Injuries are a very REALISTIC excuse, especially when you have them in critical areas with no one capable of stepping in to remedy it. The Pats lost Brady but they had Cassel who proved he is farther along than Edwards.

Ppl who say injuries are no excuse especially at QB and DE are not being realistic especially when the replacements are Losman and Denney.

justasportsfan
01-02-2009, 10:48 AM
I seem to remember this board claiming that Gilbride was a horrible OC and we had to get rid of him cause he was clueless. Suddenly Gilbride is considered one of the BEST OC in the league and is being considered for HC jobs. Nothing is as clear cut as we are making it seem. .
yes, Gilbride was clueless under a headcoach that was offensively clueless when he ran things HIS WAY . Coughlin however is not an idiot and made Gilbride run the ball. Greghead was too stupid to know how to run an offense just like Dick.

This team last year was not necessarily worse and this team is not necessarily better. We had weaknesses last year and we still have those same ones this year compounded with a worse pass rush than the year before. .it may not be worse by your standards I guess. Sorry, I don't like going 0-6 in the division. I don't like the fact that buffalo is no longer a homefiled advantage for the team because our team can't play in the bad weather.

BY your admission that our pass rush is worse, under who's coaching era did they decide to give Kelsay a raise? You can't tell me that Dick does not like Kelsay.

Injuries are a very REALISTIC excuse, especially when you have them in critical areas with no one capable of stepping in to remedy it. The Pats lost Brady but they had Cassel who proved he is farther along than Edwards. . Trent would've been a better qb with the Pats simply because of coaching. They would've known how to protect him and call plays to develop him better.

Ppl who say injuries are no excuse especially at QB and DE are not being realistic especially when the replacements are Losman and Denney. Injuries do count but our injuries are not even close to what the PAts lost. Even if our team was intact we're not good enough. Schobel was not going to make our O better.

The fins are in the playoffs during their first year of rebuilding. I won't be surprised if the jets sweep us again next year while rebuilding.

madness
01-02-2009, 11:18 AM
As much as a financial decision it may have been, it was also a football decision. Wilson didn't want to have another coach go three and out and have to start at square one once again. Jauron has one more year to prove his critics wrong and I think the Bills will try to patch up the obvious holes on the roster to give him a fighting chance.

Already up against the fans, Jauron is also up against a tough schedule and must get some key wins in the division to even come close to a winning record. Jauron supporters are quick to bring up that he has to deal with some pretty poor talent throughout his career and if the Bills are able to snag some key FA's and get one or two decent starters out of the draft, Jauron will have no more excuses for a losing season as this would definitely be the most talented team under his tenure.

The moral of Jauron opposer's have hit a serious low and although they might have to suffer through another painstaking season, the reward could be to see Jauron fired from his last head coaching job in the NFL and maybe, just maybe, even see Wilson pass away distraught with so much grief.

tat2dmike77
01-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Not to bring you down man believe me.

BUT i have been saying that same crap for the last 8 years now. Oh it will turn around because of X or Y and it never does. I always thought this year was going to be different and thought this year is the year. Because of Xor Y.

After this year i can't do it anymore. I'm not writing off my fanhood but i am not going to blindly support this team and say YAYYYY GO BILLS PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR! Why should i? The team started out 6-1 and took a huge dump in the second half of the season. This team won ZERO division games and lost games they should of won see Clev, SF and NYJ just to name three that would of put us at 10-6. Not enough to make the playoffs but 10-6 is far better then 7-9 AGAIN.

We would of won all thre of those games if we had a competent coaching staff. So until this ship is righted why should i believe next year will be any different? Until this team proves they can win games they should why should i blindley support this team?

patmoran2006
01-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I dont think there is a SINGLE football fan, player or personnel person alive that doesnt know this was a financial move and not a football move.

There is literally not a single explanation "football wise" why Jauron would be retained.. He's proven over the past three years the kind of coach he is, and "talent" or not, this team's collape and embarassing standards are on him more than anyone.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 01:10 PM

I'll start by saying that you are one the more reasonable and intelligent posters on here. However, your post is premature.

The Bills are not a playoff team. I believe that the coaching mistakes cost us maybe 1, possibly 2 games at the most. Losman did fumble the ball and Lindell did miss a kick so even in those two games it's not 100% on the coaches.

Okay we would have been 9-7 in a division where 11-5 didn't make the playoffs.

To me Norv Turner and Wade Phillips have more questions to answer than Jauron.

So what do we gain by firing Jauron even if the move was "financial"? Was a new coach going to get to the QB, remove double coverage from Evans, have the LBs stop the run.

Seems to me that there are so many fundamental problems related to talent first and foremost that the window dressing isn't the answer.

We beat Denver in Denver with a coach that has two Superbowl rings. What's he done since Elway left?

patmoran2006
01-02-2009, 01:22 PM
So what do we gain by firing Jauron even if the move was "financial"? Was a new coach going to get to the QB, remove double coverage from Evans, have the LBs stop the run.

We didnt have a single thing to gain "financially" by firing Jauron.

Which is 100% why he was not fired.

tampabay25690
01-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Well we are all BILLS fans and we have to live with it....SO we move on...

Hopefully the players will come out and have more emotion going into next season...

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Op, I think you are a very good poster but the emotion here is a little high.

What were we gaining by firing Jauron even though he deserved it?

This was not a playoff roster. The coaching staff could be partially to blame for maybe 1, possibly 2 losses. And even in those loses Losman fumbled the game away and Lindell missed a game winning field goal.

11-5 didn't even make the playoffs this year.

So we were 7-9 vs. 9-7. I'd rather have the 11th pick if we aren't making the playoffs.

Was the new coach going to get to the QB, take double coverage off of Evans, get our LBs to stop the run?

Jauron gets the team to play hard. And they play like a team. Something that neither Williams or Mularkey could do.

Jauron sucks at managing a game. If this team was one game away from a Superbowl than bringing Cowher or Parcells in would make total sense. I'd rather build the roster with a guy that at least teaches fundamentals.

OpIv37
01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Op, I think you are a very good poster but the emotion here is a little high.

What were we gaining by firing Jauron even though he deserved it?

This was not a playoff roster. The coaching staff could be partially to blame for maybe 1, possibly 2 losses. And even in those loses Losman fumbled the game away and Lindell missed a game winning field goal.

11-5 didn't even make the playoffs this year.

So we were 7-9 vs. 9-7. I'd rather have the 11th pick if we aren't making the playoffs.

Was the new coach going to get to the QB, take double coverage off of Evans, get our LBs to stop the run?

Jauron gets the team to play hard. And they play like a team. Something that neither Williams or Mularkey could do.

Jauron sucks at managing a game. If this team was one game away from a Superbowl than bringing Cowher or Parcells in would make total sense. I'd rather build the roster with a guy that at least teaches fundamentals.

You consider going 0-6 in the division and 2-8 over the last 10 playing hard? You consider putting up 3 points at home against SF and again in a dome against Miami playing hard?

And where are these fundamentals? JP not protecting the ball, neither JP nor Trent feeling the pressure, Donte getting lit up cuz he can't keep his feet under them, players overpursuing and giving up draw plays or runs to the QB, Robert Royal dropping passes, Roscoe Parrish running ****ty routes, Duke Preston's relentless bonehead plays, James Hardy not using his big frame properly... I could keep going but I think you get the point.

Here's the problem: the talent isn't going to get significantly better anytime soon. Jauron can get 7-9 out of this talent. That's it. We need to find someone who can get more out of what we have. That's what we would gain by changing coaches.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
You consider going 0-6 in the division and 2-8 over the last 10 playing hard? You consider putting up 3 points at home against SF and again in a dome against Miami playing hard?

And where are these fundamentals? JP not protecting the ball, neither JP nor Trent feeling the pressure, Donte getting lit up cuz he can't keep his feet under them, players overpursuing and giving up draw plays or runs to the QB, Robert Royal dropping passes, Roscoe Parrish running ****ty routes, Duke Preston's relentless bonehead plays, James Hardy not using his big frame properly... I could keep going but I think you get the point.

Here's the problem: the talent isn't going to get significantly better anytime soon. Jauron can get 7-9 out of this talent. That's it. We need to find someone who can get more out of what we have. That's what we would gain by changing coaches.

The team has played better than Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey teams. That's a fact.

Jauron is well respected in the league as a guy that gets alot out of his players. That's a fact.

Now you and I both said this was 7-9 win team before the season started. Now I'm to bleieve they are better?

As far as the talent improving:

1) Edwards will be better next year. And if not for the concussion I think he would have avoided his sophmore year slump all together.

2) The backup QB position will be better if our QB misses a couple of games.

3) Even if the line starts with Preston next year as center (and Peters is resigned) the Bills will have a better line.

4) No way that LB and DE don't get addressed.

5) Very likely that Johnson will emerge as our #2 and we sign a real TE or draft one high.

The team will be better. How good? I don't know but I would say 10 wins for sure.

Mahdi
01-02-2009, 03:27 PM
I'll start by saying that you are one the more reasonable and intelligent posters on here. However, your post is premature.

The Bills are not a playoff team. I believe that the coaching mistakes cost us maybe 1, possibly 2 games at the most. Losman did fumble the ball and Lindell did miss a kick so even in those two games it's not 100% on the coaches.

Okay we would have been 9-7 in a division where 11-5 didn't make the playoffs.

To me Norv Turner and Wade Phillips have more questions to answer than Jauron.

Seems to me that there are so many fundamental problems related to talent first and foremost that the window dressing isn't the answer.

We beat Denver in Denver with a coach that has two Superbowl rings. What's he done since Elway left?
Excellent post. You're looking at the entire picture. We have huge problems on this team that need to be addressed before firing our coach happens. If we cant throw the ball, rush the passer and get our giant OL to run block next year it wont matter who's coaching.

If we could get those things fixed, Jauron will look at heck of a lot better. Every coach makes mistakes on sundays. Jauron's errors are magnified 10 fold because we are usually in tough positions. More talent in the right areas on this team will make a world of difference.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Excellent post. You're looking at the entire picture. We have huge problems on this team that need to be addressed before firing our coach happens. If we cant throw the ball, rush the passer and get our giant OL to run block next year it wont matter who's coaching.

If we could get those things fixed, Jauron will look at heck of a lot better. Every coach makes mistakes on sundays. Jauron's errors are magnified 10 fold because we are usually in tough positions. More talent in the right areas on this team will make a world of difference.

That's exactly right. Big picture.

Watch the playoffs and tell me if this team is ready for the playoffs.

Bill Brasky
01-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I disagree.

I believe every game will be sold out again next year.

The lemmings can't help themselves, mainly because if they give up their seats, they lose them.

pretty much. and mr wilson knows it.

OpIv37
01-02-2009, 03:49 PM
The team has played better than Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey teams. That's a fact.

Jauron is well respected in the league as a guy that gets alot out of his players. That's a fact.

Now you and I both said this was 7-9 win team before the season started. Now I'm to bleieve they are better?

As far as the talent improving:

1) Edwards will be better next year. And if not for the concussion I think he would have avoided his sophmore year slump all together.

2) The backup QB position will be better if our QB misses a couple of games.

3) Even if the line starts with Preston next year as center (and Peters is resigned) the Bills will have a better line.

4) No way that LB and DE don't get addressed.

5) Very likely that Johnson will emerge as our #2 and we sign a real TE or draft one high.

The team will be better. How good? I don't know but I would say 10 wins for sure.
Really? Williams got us 8-8. Mularkey got us 9-7 and one game from the playoffs. Jauron has yet to accomplish either of those things.

1) Everyone said Edwards would be better THIS year- how did that turn out.

2) You're probably right here- it's tough to see us getting WORSE than Losman, although you never know with this garbage FO.

3) How is the same line a better line? Who do you think is going to get replaced? Without an upgrade at C, this line will continue to suck.

4) I see the FO making an attempt to fix DE but I don't know if they'll do it right. LB is a toss-up. They'll probably "fix"it by re-signing Crow and getting Digiorgio back.

5) I agree on Johnson, but I've given up hope of this team ever having a real TE.

Even if we do upgrade the talent, Jauron's idiot coaching is good for 2 losses on it's own.

OpIv37
01-02-2009, 03:52 PM

ever think that the reason we can't do some of those things is because of inadequate coaching?

And we're not getting more talent. This team doesn't make big splashes in FA- when they do, their record is piss poor. Same with their drafts. We need to find someone who can get more out of what we have. Jauron has already proven that he can't do that.

What we REALLY need to do is break down the FO- Brandon gets demoted to a marketing position, Guy and Modrak GONE, and a real GM takes over (and then finds his own coach). The guys we have just can't evaluate talent (or maybe they can't convince the talent to play here- either way, it's their fault and it's the same result).

But, that's just a pipedream. It's never going to happen because Wilson has given up.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Really? Williams got us 8-8. Mularkey got us 9-7 and one game from the playoffs. Jauron has yet to accomplish either of those things.

1) Everyone said Edwards would be better THIS year- how did that turn out.

2) You're probably right here- it's tough to see us getting WORSE than Losman, although you never know with this garbage FO.

3) How is the same line a better line? Who do you think is going to get replaced? Without an upgrade at C, this line will continue to suck.

4) I see the FO making an attempt to fix DE but I don't know if they'll do it right. LB is a toss-up. They'll probably "fix"it by re-signing Crow and getting Digiorgio back.

5) I agree on Johnson, but I've given up hope of this team ever having a real TE.

Even if we do upgrade the talent, Jauron's idiot coaching is good for 2 losses on it's own.

1) Edwards didn't get better this year? He went from a 71 passer rating to an 85.

3) The line struggled because Peters missed camp, Fowler ultimately got replaced by Preston, and Butler missed several games. Is the line not better at worst with Butler playing his second year as a starter and Preston starting as Center? I think we'll upgrade Cneter anyway.

OpIv37
01-02-2009, 06:35 PM
1) Edwards didn't get better this year? He went from a 71 passer rating to an 85.

3) The line struggled because Peters missed camp, Fowler ultimately got replaced by Preston, and Butler missed several games. Is the line not better at worst with Butler playing his second year as a starter and Preston starting as Center? I think we'll upgrade Cneter anyway.

Edwards got better technically speaking, but "better" is different from "good enough." We ended up with the same results.

Typ0
01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
I thought Edwards got considerably better this season. He did have his struggles and weak performances that brought his numbers down...but he also had some stellar performances which is a lot more than you can say about last year. He's young and we have reason to be hopeful he's going to turn into a good QB.

BillsFever21
01-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Jauron has ONE winning season in 9 years as a HC. There are no more excuses in my book. A decent coach would have more success PERIOD.