I am now convinced there is a script to the Bills leaving Buffalo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I am now convinced there is a script to the Bills leaving Buffalo.

What more can I say?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Re: I am now convinced there is a script to the Bills leaving Buffalo.

I agree

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Ralph doesn't care.

The guy knows he has one foot in the grave. His family doesn't want the team. If he pays another coach, that's money out of their pockets. And they have no vested interest in a winner.

Ralph is just going to hold onto the team until he kicks off, then whatever happens, happens. Someone will buy the team, his survivors will get millions, and the new owners will put the team wherever they think they can make the most money (ie most likely not Buffalo). That's all there is to it.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I think so to. Are we being "Major League"d?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

I lived the extraction of the Montreal Expos years ago.

This might be more blatant.

Jeffrey Loria submarined a team that used to outdraw the Yankees by alienating fans.

He defaulted on the piece of land that was to be used for a downtown ballpark.

He alienated fans by making sure the team was not on TV locally.

He let talent walk left and right to keep the team losing.

He did zero marketing.

He actively pined for the team to be somewhere else.

Ralph seems to be following suit. He WANTS tickets sales to plummet so that his family will not have to deal with as much pressure from the city when he dies and the team sells to some Los Angeles/Toronto Billionaire who will be moving the team faster than you can get RWJ in the ground.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Just let me know where they bury him so I can have a ceremonial piss.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Ralph doesn't care.

The guy knows he has one foot in the grave. His family doesn't want the team. If he pays another coach, that's money out of their pockets. And they have no vested interest in a winner.

Ralph is just going to hold onto the team until he kicks off, then whatever happens, happens. Someone will buy the team, his survivors will get millions, and the new owners will put the team wherever they think they can make the most money (ie most likely not Buffalo). That's all there is to it.
              Spot on.
              Having people in place he "likes" is FAR more important to him than winning.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Ralph doesn't care.

That's the worst part about it. Ralph makes all Bills fans suffer by fielding a mediocre team and inferior front office and coaching staff in an effort to save money. As a result we suffer year in and year out until he dies and then the team moves to another city under new ownership and we are left with a very bitter taste in our mouth after years of suffering. That is why I will not support this team finacially. Ralph has screwed me too long.

I said it before and will say it again. Ralph Wilson is the worst thing to happen to Buffalo sports fans.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

" It's the economy, stupid. " ~ Ralph
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

Jeffrey Loria submarined a team that used to outdraw the Yankees by alienating fans.

He did zero marketing.

Ralph seems to be following suit. He WANTS tickets sales to plummet so that his family will not have to deal with as much pressure from the city when he dies and the team sells to some Los Angeles/Toronto Billionaire who will be moving the team faster than you can get RWJ in the ground.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Ralph doesn't care.

I hope that the economy kills the NFL and the value of the Bills plummets just so his dick head relatives get nothing. **** THEM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

He did zero marketing.

Well I hope he dies soon so we can be done with this nonsense.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I'll still have great memories of the SB years, the Chuck Knox teams of the late 1970's-early 1980's and various other teams.. but this all seems like a convienent excuse to lessen the pain when they leave.

I viewed this as Wilsons last chance to prove to longtime loyal fans that winning was primary to him. He answered the question with a personal financial driven decision once again. Game,set,match.

In an era where coaching has never been more important, he continues to hire cheap non-winning options. He knows what he's doing and just mouthing phony rhetoric to appease the gullible to lay down good $$ for false hopes.

When you have an out of town owner who doesn't live among his fans, this is commonplace.

Don't forget, he originally wanted this team in Miami back in 1960 & threatened to move the team to Seattle back in 1969, killing the proposed Cottrell domed stadium deal in Lancaster ( which would have brought us Major League Baseball, instead of the Montreal Expo's ).

He's banking on tailgate crazy fans blindly laying down $$ with the onfield product being secondary.

Keep believing otherwise.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                            I'll still have great memories of the SB years, the Chuck Knox teams of the late 1970's-early 1980's and various other teams.. but this all seems like a convienent excuse to lessen the pain when they leave.

I viewed this as Wilsons last chance to prove to longtime loyal fans that winning was primary to him. He answered the question with a personal financial driven decision once again. Game,set,match.

In an era where coaching has never been more important, he continues to hire cheap non-winning options. He knows what he's doing and just mouthing phony rhetoric to appease the gullible to lay down good $$ for false hopes.

When you have an out of town owner who doesn't live among his fans, this is commonplace.

Don't forget, he originally wanted this team in Miami back in 1960 & threatened to move the team to Seattle back in 1969, killing the proposed Cottrell domed stadium deal in Lancaster ( which would have brought us Major League Baseball, instead of the Montreal Expo's ).

He's banking on tailgate crazy fans blindly laying down $$ with the onfield product being secondary.

Keep believing otherwise.
                            You are 100% correct.

Comment

Working...
                            X