PDA

View Full Version : How did You initially react to finding out that Dick is coming back?

VeggieMan14
12-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Just curious because I was eating dinner at a pretty nice place when i looked up at the TV and it said Dick Jauron Retained as Bills Head Coach. I instantly stood up and yelled YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME... then everyone stared at me and i sat down lol so how did you guys react?

Michael82
12-31-2008, 12:44 AM
I read my cell phone text message and literally screamed What the ****!!! :mad:

tat2dmike77
12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
We just came back from a chinesse food place and i check my email and saw the subject from WGR that said Jauron News! I thought good he is fired!

I read the email and screamed WHAT THE F***! Stacey said what i told her i was not going to be attending a game this year and to not buy me any Bills gear this year either. Ralph will not get a dime from me this year. This is a joke. I thought the lions were the laughing stock of the NFL boy was i wrong.

FreeSafety36
12-31-2008, 01:10 AM
Honestly, I knew it was gonna happen. For the first hour, I just sort of shook my head and laughed at how poorly Ralph's ran this team. Then, suddenly, it hit me like a hammer...freakin Dick Jauron is back...and don't be fooled, a poor 2009 season won't get him fired either. He's back for the length of that extension. Bank on it. When I realized that I said what I really feel about Ralph on bb.com and earned myself a 3 day suspension.

ronholm78
12-31-2008, 01:50 AM
I texted the biggest bills fan I know next to me and said WOW!!!! I simply just said I am done being a bills fan and hope dick jauron dies in a tragic accident....if dick jauron or ralph wilso die for any reason I will be a Bill fan again but I could really care less about the bull**** that comes out of their mouth. I know marketing when I see it and have my hat off to Brandon because he can sure sell a loser team....and that takes talent.....**** the bills and **** jauron and ralph wilson.

The players are just as bad for standing behind a loser and collecting their paychecks......lets keep that in mind!

TrEd FTW
12-31-2008, 02:07 AM
Feeling a sense of numbness, I simply shook my head and turned the station. Par for the course.

SABURZFAN
12-31-2008, 03:26 AM
Just curious because I was eating dinner at a pretty nice place when i looked up at the TV and it said Dick Jauron Retained as Bills Head Coach. I instantly stood up and yelled YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME... then everyone stared at me and i sat down lol so how did you guys react?

i just laughed and shook my head. the Old Fart won't admit that he made ANOTHER mistake. (the contract extention)

SABURZFAN
12-31-2008, 03:29 AM
This is a joke. I thought the lions were the laughing stock of the NFL boy was i wrong.

at least the Lions got rid of their problem.(Millen) the ONLY way the Bills get rid of theirs is if the Old Fart croaks.

Historian
12-31-2008, 05:30 AM
My daughter rolled her eyes, and I said, "I called that one."

patmoran2006
12-31-2008, 06:17 AM
I"ll never forget the groan and 10 seconds of silence followed by Mike Schoop and the Bulldog, two of my LEAST favorite media personalities, following the news.

TacklingDummy
12-31-2008, 06:19 AM
Not surprised.

You try winning with the talent Morak, Guy and whoever put on the field. Those are the people who should be canned.

patmoran2006
12-31-2008, 06:28 AM
Not surprised.

You try winning with the talent Morak, Guy and whoever put on the field. Those are the people who should be canned.
I agree 100%

I remember writing a post three weeks ago saying I'd can Modrak and GUy before I canned jauron.

Night Train
12-31-2008, 06:35 AM
I immediately knew I was saving season ticket $$ and not attending.

A sad day but the threat of leaving doesn't work with me. Onto the UB games and having my Sundays free.

Don't Panic
12-31-2008, 06:36 AM
I agree 100%

I remember writing a post three weeks ago saying I'd can Modrak and GUy before I canned jauron.

But that doesn't absolve Jauron of errors. He had the personnel he asked for... cover 2, big O Line with a "blocking" tight end... and he has gone 7-9 with it three straight times. This was a time to clean house, and it didn't happen.

My reaction was one that shows how sad the state of this franchise is... I barely flinched. I was instantly depressed, but there was no outward emotion. This is a sign that I have finally come to accept mediocrity from this team. Schottenheimer, Mangini, Shanahan, Cowher, Holmgren all without a job and we keep Dick. Maybe we are getting Major Leagued.

christhebillsfan783
12-31-2008, 06:39 AM
I read this and I slammed my desk as hard as i possibly could and yelled WHAT THE ****!!!!! THIS TEAM IS A ****ING JOKE!!!!!!!! i can't stand this, were being set up to lose.

don137
12-31-2008, 06:40 AM
I just thought to myself there goes another wasted season and my NFL ticket. I have never not looked forward to a season of Buffalo Bills football. Ralph has changed that.
While I would never hope Ralph or Dick to die. Especially since you are talking over a game. I realize I can not take the Bills seriously anymore until there is new ownership.
Certain people just should not be NFL head coaches. Dick Jauron is one of them.

billsfanone
12-31-2008, 07:37 AM
I wasn't surprised.

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2008, 07:40 AM
I slammed my fists down on my desk at work and scared my teammate. He thought we had lost the big deal I was working on. It was much worse than that.

BillsNick
12-31-2008, 07:59 AM
I felt like I just found out my girlfriend just cheated on me with my best friend.

SABuffalo786
12-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Just sort of grimly smiled to myself at my desk at work. I wasn't shocked.

Kenny
12-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Had the same reaction of when we picked Whitner over Ngata... I puked!

lukabrossi
12-31-2008, 08:40 AM
I can honestly say that i was diappointed. I wasn't shocked, but i felt like a father may feel, when his son has done something knowingly wrong.

Patti120
12-31-2008, 08:48 AM
I actually had a dream last night that I was at one of the games next year where it was snowing and at one point everyone in the stands began pummeling Dick with snowballs.

Was pretty funny but there were so many snowballs I was thinking that we may have killed him!

Mad Bomber
12-31-2008, 08:50 AM
When I got the v-text message all I was really pissed. All I could say was "great...we're getting Dicked again."

trapezeus
12-31-2008, 08:54 AM
i actually realized that the Bills will never win the Superbowl in Buffalo. The writing was written as clear as day. With Jauron, you can't even hope for a miracle of getting into the playoffs.

hydro
12-31-2008, 08:56 AM
I first heard it on WGR when I got in my car to go home. I proceeded to run my car into on coming traffic....errr

Actually, I reacted like I usually do. I just laughed to myself and enjoyed the usual winter banter by fans on WGR of how they can't stand what this team does and how they aren't going to support the bills financially anymore.

Just like every year.