PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down Ralph's Statement.

BillsWin
12-31-2008, 01:00 AM
"It is well known that I share many of the fans' dissatisfaction with our offensive game management. That being said, I believe that this team, at this time, is better served by continuity in the coaching staff rather than a disruptive overhaul. The team played hard all year long, and there are many positives to build on. This is not to say that we will be complacent. In my discussions with Dick and our senior football people the issues are recognized, and I am confident they will be addressed.

I believe in the last few years we have gotten close personnel-wise and look forward to another strong draft, more assertive veteran leadership and continued improvement from our young quarterback."

Sentence:

1.) Ralph recognizes that we have suffered through some very poor game managment. Mostly, on the offensive side. Poor playcalling is a major issue.

2.) Ralph believes that changing everything will actually hurt the team more right now, than just sticking the course and adding the last few pieces.

3.) Pretty self explainatory and somewhat true. The Bills did play tough, overcoming some pretty bad playcalling. and there are alot of young talented players we can build a team around.

4.) We will still have to work on this.

5.)This is the best statement Ralph makes in his whole issued statement. He is now saying that he KNOWS there are issues and we ARE going to address them. ie, bring in talent, work on our schemes and fix the play calling.

6.) Ralph is placing alot of his confidence onto Trent. (we are NOT drafting Sam Bradford DB. Sorry.) Which this is a good thing. If we can move forward with this continuity and stick the course, adding key players as we go, this is a good team.

Summary and Critique:

I'm very dissapointed like most of you. I wanted Dick out. We can't win with a coach who accepts mediocracy and an owner who fails to see faults and problems with his franchise.

HOWEVER,

Maybe a complete overhaul would be devastating. This may be a win now league, but how can you build a winning franchise when all you do is clean house every 3 years due to hitting some rough spots. Dick Jauron has been consistent. But, the other thing being consistent is the team never being "complete".

Last year, it was QB, pass rush, C, CB and LB depth.

This year we saw how lack of LB depth, a true center and a lack of pass rush can completely ruin a season.

Crowell is out, so Ellison a career backup is forced to start. Jabari and youboty gets hurt and we start two rookies.

no center? no push or consistent protection.

no pass rush? QBs tear our defense to pieces.

These are holes people. and unless theyre filled, we will not be successful. no coach would be.

so this falls back on the scouting staff and what not.

If Jauron fills these holes and then doesnt succeed, I say we make an angry mob and overthrow Ralph. Start fresh...

so in conclusion,

Im pissed off but havent lost hope that with some players put in place, we will make the playoffs next season!

GreedoII
12-31-2008, 05:45 AM
Nice sugar coating.....

I feel so much better now....

Yay Bills!

patmoran2006
12-31-2008, 06:12 AM
1.) Ralph recognizes that we have suffered through some very poor game managment. Mostly, on the offensive side. Poor playcalling is a major issue.
Bravo.. Even he can recognize that.

2.) Ralph believes that changing everything will actually hurt the team more right now, than just sticking the course and adding the last few pieces.
How much worse, or "devastating" as you say, does it get then finishing up 2-8, and going 0-6 in your division for the first time in 32 years?! Devastating how? As in we don't make the playoffs again? As in we lose every game in our division.. again??

3.) Pretty self explainatory and somewhat true. The Bills did play tough, overcoming some pretty bad playcalling. and there are alot of young talented players we can build a team around.
The Bills did NOT play tough. How many times did our defense give up fourth quarter, 14+ plays long drives to seal games? How many weeks did it take us to establish ANY kind of running game? Tough? We had the third fewest sacks in the NFL. Please.

4.) We will still have to work on this.
Understatement.

5.)This is the best statement Ralph makes in his whole issued statement. He is now saying that he KNOWS there are issues and we ARE going to address them. ie, bring in talent, work on our schemes and fix the play calling.
Fix the playcalling how? Jauron, who took responsibility for the Jets call, and Turk, whom Jauron apparently doesnt respect enough to make calls at critical times, are BOTH back.. That's addressing it?

6.) Ralph is placing alot of his confidence onto Trent. (we are NOT drafting Sam Bradford DB. Sorry.) Which this is a good thing. If we can move forward with this continuity and stick the course, adding key players as we go, this is a good team. Good team, bad coach.. Bottom line. Chalk up 4-8 wins for next year right now.