PDA

View Full Version : After Yestreday, I Feel Like I've Been In A 40+ Year Sham Of A Marriage

Night Train
12-31-2008, 08:43 AM
I kept pumping my hard earned $$ into the family, while my significant other kept happily cheating on me, never committed to me for a minute.

I was given a tailgate while they happily gave tail to everyone else.

Better late than never, I suppose. So I'm agreeing to an uncontested divorce by throwing away my tickets & starting over.

Anyone else feel the same way ?

billsfanone
12-31-2008, 08:48 AM
I feel like I've not only been cheated on, but contracted some of the deadliest STDs. :down:

lukabrossi
12-31-2008, 08:48 AM
dude......sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. It's hard accepting that the marriage may be over, but sometimes it's for the best.....and you may just find that there may be a better, more deserving spouse out there after all. We are still talking football here, aren't we?....lol.

Boomstick
12-31-2008, 08:52 AM
sorta... but for me its like my marriage of 20 years was a sham because she was sleeping with bill bellicheck. yeah, it hurts that much.

OpIv37
12-31-2008, 08:54 AM
With the Toronto deal and now this, it really just feels like the clock is ticking on this franchise. Ralph doesn't care- he just wants money for himself and his family when he croaks.

Meanwhile I don't know what to do. I want to watch the games and stand by my team, but I already know the outcome will just disappoint me, so why bother?

I'm considering not getting Sunday Ticket, but I'm sure I'll end up getting it. As far as going to the games, well, I have to go to a friend's wedding in Rochester in September, so if the Bills are home that weekend, I'll go. But I'm certainly not making a separate trip from DC to Buffalo just to go to a game like I usually do. And I'm certainly not buying any jerseys or merch for a long-ass time.

lukabrossi
12-31-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm not wasting any more of my hard-earned money on a franchise that just doesn't care about the fans.....the same fans that create the revenue for Mr. Wilson.

Boomstick
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
With the Toronto deal and now this, it really just feels like the clock is ticking on this franchise. Ralph doesn't care- he just wants money for himself and his family when he croaks.

Meanwhile I don't know what to do. I want to watch the games and stand by my team, but I already know the outcome will just disappoint me, so why bother?

I'm considering not getting Sunday Ticket, but I'm sure I'll end up getting it. As far as going to the games, well, I have to go to a friend's wedding in Rochester in September, so if the Bills are home that weekend, I'll go. But I'm certainly not making a separate trip from DC to Buffalo just to go to a game like I usually do. And I'm certainly not buying any jerseys or merch for a long-ass time.
i know how you feel... i always go back home once to take my dad to a game... now it hardly seems worth it. regardless i'll still probably go... and im sure i'll still go to the game here against the panthers... damn this is frustrating

Historian
12-31-2008, 09:31 AM
You guys need to "just say no".

I did it last year, so this doesn't particularly sting me. In fact, I almost find it amusing in a way, because it is so predictable.

This year was the final straw for me, and in fact, I didn't even watch the Chargers game. (what little of it was even on) I took my family to the park for the day, then out to dinner.

I have better things to do with my autumns.

Take the first step, and break the addiction.

lukabrossi
12-31-2008, 09:50 AM
I like hearing about all the complaining, *****ing and moaning about this team year after year.......and how we all gotta do something and send a message and were gonna show Ralph how the fans truly feel each year........and then at the start of each season, tickets are still being sold and the merchandise flies off the shelves.......the fans are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo predictable. Just keep shelling out yer hard-earned money to a franchise that really doesn't give a rats' ass about you.

justasportsfan
12-31-2008, 09:52 AM
ya'll should just watch UB instead.

Historian
12-31-2008, 10:05 AM
ya'll should just watch UB instead.

Now there is a prudent use of your entertainment dollars!

Support a good program.

Support a good school.

Jan Reimers
12-31-2008, 10:08 AM
I have one year left on my contract for my 4 seats in the Kelly Club. It's very likely that I will not renew. It's a lot of money and a long drive to commit to a franchise that is obviously satisfied with mediocrity rather than trying to give something back to the fans.

After 49 years, this "marriage" is very close to termination.

justasportsfan
12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Now there is a prudent use of your entertainment dollars!

Support a good program.

Support a good school.
they are winners. Both the sabre's and bills do nothing but break our hearts.

billsburgh
12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
i'm switching from directv to verizon fios and my only reservation was not having sunday ticket anymore. this just made that decision much more easy. I dont plan on watching any games next year because it's a waste of my time.

OpIv37
12-31-2008, 10:26 AM
I like hearing about all the complaining, *****ing and moaning about this team year after year.......and how we all gotta do something and send a message and were gonna show Ralph how the fans truly feel each year........and then at the start of each season, tickets are still being sold and the merchandise flies off the shelves.......the fans are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo predictable. Just keep shelling out yer hard-earned money to a franchise that really doesn't give a rats' ass about you.

see my post in this thread, #13

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=168129