X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topher180
    • Sep 2008

Lil' Chris Brown Does It Again

Here is one of Chris Brown's latest blog entries, responding to the announcement made yesterday regarding Dick Jauron.

Jauron likely has 2009 to make it happen

By Chris Brown - Posted December 30th, 2008
    While the retention of Dick Jauron as head coach may not go over well publicly, fans needs to keep in mind that 2009 will likely be the make or break year.
    Jauron and his coaches likely know they dodged a bullet. They likely also recognize that if the playoffs are not reached in 2009 they won’t be so fortunate the second time around.

That sense of urgency hopefully comes from the top from the very first day this team re-assembles in March for the offseason workout program. If that sense of urgency can trickle down to the players perhaps more consistent play will be the result week to week.

I also wonder since offensive game management was mentioned specifically in Mr. Wilson’s statement and that they would be addressed, if Jauron won’t enlist a staff member to assist only with game and clock management. It may sound unusual, but why not give it a shot?

Okay Chris, so in a leauge where coaches are fired during the season, a league where Mike freaking Shanahan who's actually won in this league gets fired, a league where Eric Mangini is expendable after 3 seasons despite making the playoffs......Dick Jauron and his staff get extended and the fourth season is the make or break year? Are you kidding me. As far as the 3rd paragraph, do you mean like personal assistant? Should this proposed staff member carry the red flags in his pocket too?

You are a disgrace to anyone who has ever written a column and been called a journalist. You are a paid cheerleader for the Bills orginization and are as much part of the media as I am sitting in front of my computer. If you want to post slanted news on an official website, go talk to the webmaster and have him show you how. The title journalist should not be withing 50 words of your name in any byline.

Thank you.

in·ept
    Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

• billsfanone
    Majored in Home Economics
    • Sep 2008

Re: Lil' Chris Brown Does It Again

Gee wiz. All we have to wait is one more year. Goodie!!!!

FU Chris Brown.

Talk about the Jills or charitable work or something else if you need to fill you blog with something.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Dick will be fired after next year.

Would you rather have Dick go 4-12 in his last year or a new coach go 4-12 in his first year?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Hey, Tom Landry got 7 years before he produced a winning record.

With how knee jerk some of you are, you woulda fired him long before he ever made the Cowboys a top franchise in the NFL.

Comment

• billsfanone
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

With how knee jerk some of you are, you woulda fired him long before he ever made the Cowboys a top franchise in the NFL.
          Dick was a loser in Chicago too. HE'S A PROVEN LOSER!

Comment

• topher180
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

I don't think 3 years in knee jerk when Atlantas and Miamis occur in this league now. Agree to disagree.

in·ept
            Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by oceros
              Dick was a loser in Chicago too. HE'S A PROVEN LOSER!
              Alright, then so was Tom Landry.

He produced a brilliant 0-11-1 record his first year as a coach...then it took 6 years for him to break .500.

I'm not saying that Dick is gonna ever do that...but firing the coach of this team and putting a new guy in is like putting a band aid on an open wound.

This team has far greater problems than it's HC.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Would you rather have Dick go 4-12 in his last year or a new coach go 4-12 in his first year?
                This is actually ponderous.....the answer is dick go 4-12...

A. There will be no doubt after that.

B. We will offically be in rebuild vs retool mode.

c. That will pave the way for a GM/coach type situation
                that may intice one of the heavy hitters.

d. Stop the dicking with the qb postion and get a proven winner.

e. Scrap cover 2

f. Scrap the prevent offense.

g. Wait for the talent curv on the Pats and others to fade a bit more.

h. Fill in rest people
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

A new coach, because Dick will go 4-12 in 09 and the new coach will go 4-12 in 2010. I'd rather have the new guy get his first worthless season out of the way now.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsNick
                    • Jul 2003

Mike Shanahan sure would look good on our sideline, but noooooooooo. Let's not shake things up when we've already got "continuity".

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      A new coach, because Dick will go 4-12 in 09 and the new coach will go 4-12 in 2010. I'd rather have the new guy get his first worthless season out of the way now.
                      i don't know if we'd suffer like that under a new coach.

I've had two years to this point as head man, and we were 3 wins better last year... and 5 wins better (best record in a decade) this year.

It doesn't take a lot to turn around a poorly coached team. Given it's college, and a good part of your record is based on how well you can recruit; but when i saw how dysfunctional the team was managed when i came in, i knew i could turn it around fast.

For a large part i think the bills are fairly well coached. or at least competently coached.

-I dislike our defensive coordinator, his defense is so vanilla I'd love to coach against it; he really needs to go. Our front seven just isn't good enough (there are playoff teams with worse secondaries then ours, it's good enough if you mate it with a good front seven and solid coaching scheme)

-the offensive coordinator is better then our last one. But he fell into predictable tenancies. Really, your game plan shouldn't be 20 plays per game. yet it seemed that was what we went into every game with. We need a better TE, serviceable FB, an NFL quality center, and a good WR. I could live with Trent for a few years.

the main problem we face, when playing playoff teams is, we don't do anything good enough to make a team plan for us. When you see bad teams beat good teams, 9 times out of 10, it is a bad team that does one thing well and everything else terrible. Right now the only phase of our game that is good enough to make opposing coaches sweat is our special teams; which, while they're good, aren't good enough to win us games.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                        i don't know if we'd suffer like that under a new coach.

I've had two years to this point as head man, and we were 3 wins better last year... and 5 wins better (best record in a decade) this year.

It doesn't take a lot to turn around a poorly coached team. Given it's college, and a good part of your record is based on how well you can recruit; but when i saw how dysfunctional the team was managed when i came in, i knew i could turn it around fast.

For a large part i think the bills are fairly well coached. or at least competently coached.

-I dislike our defensive coordinator, his defense is so vanilla I'd love to coach against it; he really needs to go. Our front seven just isn't good enough (there are playoff teams with worse secondaries then ours, it's good enough if you mate it with a good front seven and solid coaching scheme)

-the offensive coordinator is better then our last one. But he fell into predictable tenancies. Really, your game plan shouldn't be 20 plays per game. yet it seemed that was what we went into every game with. We need a better TE, serviceable FB, an NFL quality center, and a good WR. I could live with Trent for a few years.

the main problem we face, when playing playoff teams is, we don't do anything good enough to make a team plan for us. When you see bad teams beat good teams, 9 times out of 10, it is a bad team that does one thing well and everything else terrible. Right now the only phase of our game that is good enough to make opposing coaches sweat is our special teams; which, while they're good, aren't good enough to win us games.
                        the worst part about this is the front 7. Our two big off-season signings- Mitchell and Stroud, were both front 7 guys, plus all the guys we either drafted or resigned to be LB's or DL's- and it STILL sucks. That's just horrendous management.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

The worst part is that I'm not even sure this is a "make or break" year.

I mean, Jesus; if they could bring Jauron back after this year, would it be totally surprising if they brought him back in 2010 if they go 7-8 or 8-8 next year?
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• billsfanone
                            • Sep 2008

Good friggin question. What is exactly the make or break benchmark? 500?

Comment

• Syderick
                              • Apr 2006

It's what I figured when they retained him. It'll be his last year, they won't keep him around for 2010 and 2011 with another terrible record.
                              3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

Working...
                              X