PDA

View Full Version : Who we need to get rid of

Mitchell55
12-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Max- He doesnt even play anymore, trade him and get a decent D-Man

Sekera- I know hes young but even Butler didnt make his mistakes. Im sick of him standing behind the net while teams are making a change and waiting until there are 3 defenders on him to try anything. YOUR NOT A FORWARD!!!

Lydman- Nothing is realy wrong with him but to many costly penalties. When its overtime and we have a penalty usually its him in the box.

Pommers- Hes a streak player, well wheres the streak? He hasnt done anything but make lousy passes and never shoots the puck.

Peters- self exp

Connolly- to many injuries.

OpIv37
12-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Max sucks but everyone knows it. He has no value.

You're nuts if you want to get rid of Sekera. The kid is good. The reason he makes more mistakes than Butler is because he's the only defenseman that can also contribute to the offense so he joins the rush. He just needs to calm down- he tends to rush plays even when he has time.

I don't know what to do about Lydman. You're right in that he's prone to mistakes, but he also steps up big at times. He and Tallinder shut out Ovechkin last night and he also *****-slapped Crosby when the Sabres played the Pens. For now, I'd keep him until Butler and Sekera are ready to step up. Plus, Numminen will likely retire after the season.

Pominville is in a big time slump. I think he has some value, but trading him is the kind of move that might shake up this team. I wouldn't be opposed to moving him for a fair price, but I wouldn't ditch him just to ditch him.

Peters- duh. He's just a body to fill a roster spot and take punches.

Connolly- agreed. As far as I'm concerned he's not even on the team anymore.

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah Sekera is our top young Dman.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Pommers won't be traded, the Sabres just gave him a new contract extension last summer his current contract ends this year. Then next season the new 5 year 26.5M contract starts.

Mitchell55
12-31-2008, 05:30 PM

You're nuts if you want to get rid of Sekera. The kid is good. The reason he makes more mistakes than Butler is because he's the only defenseman that can also contribute to the offense so he joins the rush. He just needs to calm down- he tends to rush plays even when he has time.

I don't know what to do about Lydman. You're right in that he's prone to mistakes, but he also steps up big at times. He and Tallinder shut out Ovechkin last night and he also *****-slapped Crosby when the Sabres played the Pens. For now, I'd keep him until Butler and Sekera are ready to step up. Plus, Numminen will likely retire after the season.

Pominville is in a big time slump. I think he has some value, but trading him is the kind of move that might shake up this team. I wouldn't be opposed to moving him for a fair price, but I wouldn't ditch him just to ditch him.

Maybe just put Sekera in rochester if hes eligible to. Right now he is getting way to careless with the puck. Im sick of seeing 2 minutes of them in our own end and we finally get the puck back only to have Sekera give it away again.

Mitchell55
12-31-2008, 05:32 PM

Also about the only one who can join the rush, Tallinder also can and has done so a few times which I think 2-3 resulted in goals.

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Maybe just put Sekera in rochester if hes eligible to. Right now he is getting way to careless with the puck. Im sick of seeing 2 minutes of them in our own end and we finally get the puck back only to have Sekera give it away again.
I dont see it. He is our most solid Dman IMO.

OpIv37
12-31-2008, 06:40 PM

Portland, not Rochester anymore- but I don't think he's eligible. He spent a lot of time in Roch last year and I think he's ready. The D will improve when Rivet returns, hopefully.

RockStar36
12-31-2008, 11:23 PM
SSSSSSSSTTTTTTOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

clumping platelets
01-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Put Afinogenov on waivers and let him go back to Russia

Trade for a veteran F

SabreEleven
01-01-2009, 02:13 AM
You need talent to get talent back....do the Sabres have enough without selling out the future?

clumping platelets
01-01-2009, 03:42 AM
:nod:

TJ Brennan and a draft choice could get us a quality forward

BSU Drew
01-01-2009, 01:55 PM
How is Tallinder not included in that list! He is absolutely horrible.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-01-2009, 02:10 PM
UFA's Sabres 2009-2010

Afinogenov
Connolly
Ellis
Kotalik
Numminen
Peters
Spacek
Tallinder
http://letsgosabres.com/team/payroll.php

I also read in ESPN the magazine that the Sabres will go hard this offseason for UFA Bouwmeester or make a trade for him at the trade deadline. The National Hockey League's trading deadline is March 4, 2009.

OpIv37
01-01-2009, 02:18 PM

2 years ago I thought Hank was the best defenseman on the team, but he has completely sucked for the last year and a half.

I'd keep him over Lydman or Spacek, but since he's UFA at the end of the season and won't be retained, I wouldn't mind seeing him traded.

Mitchell55
01-01-2009, 09:59 PM

Hes the only one that will actually join the rush and skate it out of his own zone. None of our players has done that since Campbell left.

RockStar36
01-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Hes the only one that will actually join the rush and skate it out of his own zone. None of our players has done that since Campbell left.

Really? So that makes up for the sloppy play in the defensive zone? Seriously?

OpIv37
01-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Really?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2151

35 games, 1 goal, 4 assists, 18 shots on goal, even 0 in +/-.

Just because he does it doesn't make him effective at doing it. I really think he brings absolutely zero offense. And I'm not a hater either- I was a huge supporter of this guy until last spring when he became completely irrelevant.

rbochan
01-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Really?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2151

35 games, 1 goal, 4 assists, 18 shots on goal, even 0 in +/-.

Just because he does it doesn't make him effective at doing it. I really think he brings absolutely zero offense. And I'm not a hater either- I was a huge supporter of this guy until last spring when he became completely irrelevant.

Unfortunately, Hank's been such a pussy since he broke his arm again, he refuses to even play to his own size. He should lead the team in hitting, but he does nothing but pussy-out and be the epitome of the term 'soft-euro'.

OpIv37
01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Unfortunately, Hank's been such a pussy since he broke his arm again, he refuses to even play to his own size. He should lead the team in hitting, but he does nothing but pussy-out and be the epitome of the term 'soft-euro'.

The sad part is that you could replace "Hank" with "Kotalik" or "Spacek" and that statement would still be true.

Mitchell55
01-03-2009, 07:42 PM
The sad part is that you could replace "Hank" with "Kotalik" or "Spacek" and that statement would still be true.

I dont get why Kotalik and Spacek act like pussys. They are alot bigger than most players and would be top players in the NHL if they just would stop getting pushed around and be more physical.

SabreEleven
01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Kotalik only hits once in a great while when he isn't PMSing...

Mitchell55
01-03-2009, 07:49 PM
I think you answer your own question in the very next sentence.

I was calling them pussys, I just dont get how anyone of there skill and size can be that much of a pussy.

SabreEleven
01-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I was calling them pussys, I just dont get how anyone of there skill and size can be that much of a pussy.

I miss read it and than read it again and than deleted my post...sry.

CuseJetsFan83
01-03-2009, 11:49 PM

big mouth for a little boy

tampabay25690
01-04-2009, 07:35 AM
I dont see it. He is our most solid Dman IMO.

I agree SEKERA is pretty solid I don't see him going and he is damn young.....
TALLINDER needs to go

Mitchell55
01-04-2009, 02:46 PM
big mouth for a little boy

Stop calling me little. I could get married to your girlfriend in 3 years.

RockStar36
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Stop calling me little. I could get married to your girlfriend in 3 years.

Knock your crap off unless you want more warning points.

ZacGriffi~82
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah let's trade our two best defenseman.

Mitchell55
01-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Knock your crap off unless you want more warning points.

Um ive gotten threatened on these boards and the person never got warning points, you realy think something this small would deserve them.

RockStar36
01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Um ive gotten threatened on these boards and the person never got warning points, you realy think something this small would deserve them.

Not yet, but if you continue it will. Hence the warning.