Who we need to get rid of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Who we need to get rid of

Max- He doesnt even play anymore, trade him and get a decent D-Man

Sekera- I know hes young but even Butler didnt make his mistakes. Im sick of him standing behind the net while teams are making a change and waiting until there are 3 defenders on him to try anything. YOUR NOT A FORWARD!!!

Lydman- Nothing is realy wrong with him but to many costly penalties. When its overtime and we have a penalty usually its him in the box.

Pommers- Hes a streak player, well wheres the streak? He hasnt done anything but make lousy passes and never shoots the puck.

Peters- self exp

Connolly- to many injuries.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Who we need to get rid of

Max sucks but everyone knows it. He has no value.

You're nuts if you want to get rid of Sekera. The kid is good. The reason he makes more mistakes than Butler is because he's the only defenseman that can also contribute to the offense so he joins the rush. He just needs to calm down- he tends to rush plays even when he has time.

I don't know what to do about Lydman. You're right in that he's prone to mistakes, but he also steps up big at times. He and Tallinder shut out Ovechkin last night and he also *****-slapped Crosby when the Sabres played the Pens. For now, I'd keep him until Butler and Sekera are ready to step up. Plus, Numminen will likely retire after the season.

Pominville is in a big time slump. I think he has some value, but trading him is the kind of move that might shake up this team. I wouldn't be opposed to moving him for a fair price, but I wouldn't ditch him just to ditch him.

Peters- duh. He's just a body to fill a roster spot and take punches.

Connolly- agreed. As far as I'm concerned he's not even on the team anymore.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Yeah Sekera is our top young Dman.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jan 2004

Pommers won't be traded, the Sabres just gave him a new contract extension last summer his current contract ends this year. Then next season the new 5 year 26.5M contract starts.

Comment

• Mitchell55
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37

You're nuts if you want to get rid of Sekera. The kid is good. The reason he makes more mistakes than Butler is because he's the only defenseman that can also contribute to the offense so he joins the rush. He just needs to calm down- he tends to rush plays even when he has time.

I don't know what to do about Lydman. You're right in that he's prone to mistakes, but he also steps up big at times. He and Tallinder shut out Ovechkin last night and he also *****-slapped Crosby when the Sabres played the Pens. For now, I'd keep him until Butler and Sekera are ready to step up. Plus, Numminen will likely retire after the season.

Pominville is in a big time slump. I think he has some value, but trading him is the kind of move that might shake up this team. I wouldn't be opposed to moving him for a fair price, but I wouldn't ditch him just to ditch him.

Maybe just put Sekera in rochester if hes eligible to. Right now he is getting way to careless with the puck. Im sick of seeing 2 minutes of them in our own end and we finally get the puck back only to have Sekera give it away again.

Comment

• Mitchell55
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37

Also about the only one who can join the rush, Tallinder also can and has done so a few times which I think 2-3 resulted in goals.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
              Maybe just put Sekera in rochester if hes eligible to. Right now he is getting way to careless with the puck. Im sick of seeing 2 minutes of them in our own end and we finally get the puck back only to have Sekera give it away again.
              I dont see it. He is our most solid Dman IMO.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                Portland, not Rochester anymore- but I don't think he's eligible. He spent a lot of time in Roch last year and I think he's ready. The D will improve when Rivet returns, hopefully.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

SSSSSSSSTTTTTTOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

D & S Sports

Comment

• clumping platelets

Put Afinogenov on waivers and let him go back to Russia

Trade for a veteran F

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

You need talent to get talent back....do the Sabres have enough without selling out the future?

Comment

• clumping platelets

TJ Brennan and a draft choice could get us a quality forward

Comment

• BSU Drew
                          • Feb 2007

How is Tallinder not included in that list! He is absolutely horrible.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jan 2004

UFA's Sabres 2009-2010

Afinogenov
                            Connolly
                            Ellis
                            Kotalik
                            Numminen
                            Peters
                            Spacek
                            Tallinder

I also read in ESPN the magazine that the Sabres will go hard this offseason for UFA Bouwmeester or make a trade for him at the trade deadline. The National Hockey League's trading deadline is March 4, 2009.
                            Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 01-01-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BSU Drew
                              How is Tallinder not included in that list! He is absolutely horrible.
                              2 years ago I thought Hank was the best defenseman on the team, but he has completely sucked for the last year and a half.

I'd keep him over Lydman or Spacek, but since he's UFA at the end of the season and won't be retained, I wouldn't mind seeing him traded.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X