X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2985
    • Mar 2004

thoughts for 1st two draft picks

I am not going to act like i know a lot about college players i dont watch much of it so i am curious on some of your thoughts:

1st round pick- everett brown. de. fsu
    2nd round pick-best available center

does that sound good to anyone or is there someone else you would like to have with the 11th pick?
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: thoughts for 1st two draft picks

Personally if the Bills are truly playing for 2009 to be a playoff year then we'd be better suited trading our 1st Round pick for a veteran. I'd love to see Tony Gonzalez and would have little issues trading our top pick for him and hopefullly get a later pick (say Round 5) in return. As look back to 2008 and what rookies made big impacts? Most of them were RBs, I know some will chime in on QBs like Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco making the playoffs but to me tey made more in part because of the talent around them.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Giving away a first pick for TG is insane, especially the 11th. pick....
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

I don't think that it's necessarily a BAD idea.. I do like the idea of a veteran DE/WR in FA and drafting a LB with our top pick. Maualuga and Curry, I like them both.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23
          Giving away a first pick for TG is insane, especially the 11th. pick....
          Tell me would the Bills been better suited with McKelvin this past season or TG?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The Jokeman
            Tell me would the Bills been better suited with McKelvin this past season or TG?
            McKelvin.. I'd say that McKelvin has been very good for us so far, plus he is young and on the rise. Gonzalez would be productive but we wouldn't have made the playoffs with him by no means, imo.. Plus, he is on the way to retirement soon.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
              McKelvin.. I'd say that McKelvin has been very good for us so far, plus he is young and on the rise. Gonzalez would be productive but we wouldn't have made the playoffs with him by no means, imo.. Plus, he is on the way to retirement soon.
              96 catches for 1058 yards and 10 TDs wouldn't have turned this team into a playoff team? I digress as stuff like that turns the Browns and 49ers and even the season finale against the Patriot losses into wins. I agree McKelvin's upside is greater but to say he outplayed Gonzalez this season is insane.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                • Feb 2008

Id say draft Michael Johnson with the 11th and get a safty with our 2nd. This is with us getting a LB already in FA.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Lefty2985
                  I am not going to act like i know a lot about college players i dont watch much of it so i am curious on some of your thoughts:

1st round pick- everett brown. de. fsu
                  2nd round pick-best available center

does that sound good to anyone or is there someone else you would like to have with the 11th pick?
                  What's wrong with that ? I think you're dead on.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

If Dick Jauron had full control of personnel decisions, I suppose he might be tempted to trade away the future potential of a first round pick for Tony Gozalez who is still a great tight end, but in the twilight of his career. Jauron is not in charge of all personnel decisions, and even if he were, I would not as the owner of the Bills be very happy with that decision. I might be mad enough to can his butt immediately. The problem is Gonzalez has maybe a couple years at the top of his game. Then he's going to start losing speed and become a much more ordinary player. If you look at the value of a first round pick versus a veteran as old as Gonzalez, there's no comparison. As a sure thing Gonzalez gives you maybe a year or two. A first round rookie could be a bust, but he also might give you a ten year career as a multi-year probowler. Remember too that Gonzalez didn't want to come to Buffalo. I don't think it is very bright to invite that kind of potential trouble into your locker room.
                    Last edited by TigerJ; 01-01-2009, 09:23 AM.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

My big concern with Everette Brown is that he gives us another undersized DE. I'd rather get Michael Johnson and stick him in the weight room to add 10-15 lbs of muscle. I think Johnson has all the upside in the world, but at 6'7" ihe makes me a little nervous being under 260. My fear is that he could be prone to injury in the pro game
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

I'm not a huge fan of trading down when we are where we are.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                          • Dec 2005

tyson jackson is my choice for the 11th pick

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

1st- DE Brian Orakpo
                            2nd- OLB Clint Sintim or, if we re-sign Crowell C Max Unger
                            3rd- DE Tyson Jackson (He's falling and we still will have underclassmen declaring)
                            4th- C Eric Wood or (see 2nd) G Andy Levitre

Comment

• wozrob11
                              • Mar 2007

1st- Michael johnson /de
                              2nd-brian cushing/olb
                              3rd-jonathon luigs/c
                              IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST :op:

Comment

Working...
                              X