X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

New Year New Outlook

To say I am disgusted with the outcome of our season would be a tremendous understatement at this point. But as disgusted as I am with the season, I am even more disgusted with the ownership and management of this team. As disgusted as I am with that I am even more disgusted with myself at this point for allowing myself to think that this season would be any better than the previous one. It happened again, I "billieved" and as a result I am once again crushed.

So I need a new outlook because quite honestly I can't stand being disappointed year after year and since being a fan of another team just isn't an option, my outlook needs to change.
    So from here on out I have no choice but to be a pessimist when it comes to anything Buffalo Bills football until I have a reason not to be. In light of my new view I would like to dispel the following myths:
    1) Changing staff means more rebuilding: False. We haven't rebuilt anything yet. Same results year after year. If rebuilding had been ongoing there would have been improvement and there isn't any. No playoffs means no improvement.
    2) Replacing Jauron and staff will mean inconsistency: Not all consistency is good. For those of you unable to grasp the concept lets look at it this way: losing bad, winning good.
    3) New management means three to five years before success: Total BS. Please see 2008 Dolphins for those with short or selective memories
    4) We need big name free agents in order to win: More BS. Please see Dallas Cowboys and NY Jets. Don't bring up records either, playoffs and better is all that matters. Not opposed to bringing in a few good free agents, but without solid coaching it won't amount to anything more than what we have now.
    5) Our Talent isn't that good: Perhaps, hard to know though when our coaching is awful. While the Giants have some talented people, the key to their success has been solid disciplined coaching. Tom Coughlin doesn't allow his players to hold him hostage over contracts or anything else for that matter. When they try they end up being traded or retire. We need a coach with a backbone to get the most out of the talent we have.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: New Year New Outlook

yep
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
      • May 2007

Why are you personally disgusted? It's not like you are part of the team. I love the Bills but I don't let myself be affected by the performance of the team because I can really do nothing to improve or tank the team... if I can't do anything I shall not worry about anything, just entertain myself.

Anyway, about point number five I believe we have talent. Lynch, Jackson, the big offensive line, Evans, and even Trent are all ok. In the defense we have Stroud and very good backfield. Overall I think we have the enough talent to go to playoffs which is a result of good/decent drafting and some nice free agency pick-ups, all we need is good coaching.
      I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jmb1099
        To say I am disgusted with the outcome of our season would be a tremendous understatement at this point. But as disgusted as I am with the season, I am even more disgusted with the ownership and management of this team. As disgusted as I am with that I am even more disgusted with myself at this point for allowing myself to think that this season would be any better than the previous one. It happened again, I "billieved" and as a result I am once again crushed.

So I need a new outlook because quite honestly I can't stand being disappointed year after year and since being a fan of another team just isn't an option, my outlook needs to change.
        So from here on out I have no choice but to be a pessimist when it comes to anything Buffalo Bills football until I have a reason not to be. In light of my new view I would like to dispel the following myths:
        1) Changing staff means more rebuilding: False. We haven't rebuilt anything yet. Same results year after year. If rebuilding had been ongoing there would have been improvement and there isn't any. No playoffs means no improvement.
        2) Replacing Jauron and staff will mean inconsistency: Not all consistency is good. For those of you unable to grasp the concept lets look at it this way: losing bad, winning good.
        3) New management means three to five years before success: Total BS. Please see 2008 Dolphins for those with short or selective memories
        4) We need big name free agents in order to win: More BS. Please see Dallas Cowboys and NY Jets. Don't bring up records either, playoffs and better is all that matters. Not opposed to bringing in a few good free agents, but without solid coaching it won't amount to anything more than what we have now.
        5) Our Talent isn't that good: Perhaps, hard to know though when our coaching is awful. While the Giants have some talented people, the key to their success has been solid disciplined coaching. Tom Coughlin doesn't allow his players to hold him hostage over contracts or anything else for that matter. When they try they end up being traded or retire. We need a coach with a backbone to get the most out of the talent we have.
        Good stuff!! I totally agree w/ #4. I also agree w/ our talent level is good enough for playoffs, but our coaching staff can't get that to that point. Good stuff, and I share your same level of frustration!!
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
          Why are you personally disgusted? It's not like you are part of the team. I love the Bills but I don't let myself be affected by the performance of the team because I can really do nothing to improve or tank the team... if I can't do anything I shall not worry about anything, just entertain myself.

Anyway, about point number five I believe we have talent. Lynch, Jackson, the big offensive line, Evans, and even Trent are all ok. In the defense we have Stroud and very good backfield. Overall I think we have the enough talent to go to playoffs which is a result of good/decent drafting and some nice free agency pick-ups, all we need is good coaching.
          Personally disgusted in that I allowed myself to go into ultra homer mode. I am usually an optimist, but this year I really bought into it all and as a result I have suffered a let down that is nearly as frustrating as any of the SB losses. I really thought we had turned a corner, the only thing we did was repackage the same formula that has kept us from contention for years.

Comment

Working...
          X