X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Wanna make some $$ this weekend?

It might make you feel just a bit better after the debacle we read/heard Tuesday.

Anyway, take the Falcons. I'm sure of it.

Here's why. And all my other Wild Card weekend picks.

Choose a memorable domain name. Professional, friendly customer support. Start using your domain right away.

14-2 last week, by the way. :)
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Wanna make some $$ this weekend?

Wow nice record this year strait up. I selected 171 correct (no spread, strait up) so I was close to you Coach!! You da man
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

I made 1000 on a divisional round parlay last playoff season. I don't think I've bet since.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Kidlaker
        • Oct 2008

Oh man, I couldn't disagree more on the Falcons-Cardinals game. They seem to have gotten EJ going and they're a much better home team than road team. Their lopsided losses look ugly but they had nothing to look forward to in those games. Call me crazy but I think the Rookie HC + Rookie QB combination is going to walk into one here and lay and egg

Comment

• MDFINFAN
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Coach Sal
          It might make you feel just a bit better after the debacle we read/heard Tuesday.

Anyway, take the Falcons. I'm sure of it.

Here's why. And all my other Wild Card weekend picks.

Choose a memorable domain name. Professional, friendly customer support. Start using your domain right away.

14-2 last week, by the way. :)
          did you forget Miami didn't have Ferguson and Solari, the 1 and 2 NT's in the first meeting with the Ravens, which allowed them to run pretty good.. in O on O TD's, the Ravens beat the phins 20-13...with the run being the main theme for the ravens that day.. the extra td came on a int td return...also, that was when our OG situation was in shambles..trying to replace the right og... while we now have both starting OG's out for the season, the backups have had enough time to learn the O.. so I'm hoping for a better showing.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Falcons will NOT win against Arizona, trust me....It's my lock of the week...
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Kidlaker
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Luisito23
              Falcons will NOT win against Arizona, trust me....It's my lock of the week...
              Mine too. Falcons over Cards is the trap of the week, imo

Comment

• Kidlaker
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                did you forget Miami didn't have Ferguson and Solari, the 1 and 2 NT's in the first meeting with the Ravens, which allowed them to run pretty good.. in O on O TD's, the Ravens beat the phins 20-13...with the run being the main theme for the ravens that day.. the extra td came on a int td return...also, that was when our OG situation was in shambles..trying to replace the right og... while we now have both starting OG's out for the season, the backups have had enough time to learn the O.. so I'm hoping for a better showing.
                The biggest key for Miami, imo, will have to come from the Defense. The Ravens are one of the league's elite Defenses but their 1 weakness is the short-medium passing Defense. This plays into Chad Pennington's advantage and I don't think the "strike first" strategy the Dolphins have been employing will work. Miami needs to neutralize Ed Reed. Even with all of this, it's hard to see Miami being good for more than 20 points in this contest. Ravens Wildcard is Joe Flacco, and if Joey Porter and Co can put enough pressure on him they may be able to make him look like the rookie that he is. It's always a tough call with Rookie QBs in the playoffs, but the Ravens elite D definitely has the edge

Comment

• Coach Sal
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Kidlaker
                  Oh man, I couldn't disagree more on the Falcons-Cardinals game. They seem to have gotten EJ going and they're a much better home team than road team. Their lopsided losses look ugly but they had nothing to look forward to in those games. Call me crazy but I think the Rookie HC + Rookie QB combination is going to walk into one here and lay and egg
                  And exactly how are they going to stop the Falcons offense when they haven't stopped anyone all year (over 26 pts/game allowed)?

Don't over-analyze things.

Just look at the facts over 16 games.
                  Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                  And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Kidlaker
                    The biggest key for Miami, imo, will have to come from the Defense. The Ravens are one of the league's elite Defenses but their 1 weakness is the short-medium passing Defense. This plays into Chad Pennington's advantage and I don't think the "strike first" strategy the Dolphins have been employing will work. Miami needs to neutralize Ed Reed. Even with all of this, it's hard to see Miami being good for more than 20 points in this contest. Ravens Wildcard is Joe Flacco, and if Joey Porter and Co can put enough pressure on him they may be able to make him look like the rookie that he is. It's always a tough call with Rookie QBs in the playoffs, but the Ravens elite D definitely has the edge
                    I don't disagree with this assessment at all, the Raven's D is mean, last time, even when our WR's were still getting in sink with Chad, he managed to put up 295 yards on them which suprised me at the time. So I'm hoping now that we use both TE's and Cobbs in the passing game, we keep them honest..but the key is our backup guards starting for us.. I'm hoping we put more pressure on Flacco this game...that's why it's critical that we stop their running game early, and put it in Flacco's hands, then hit him and hit him, and hit him some more...both D's actually control the outcome of this game..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

I can't disagree Coach.

I was able to win some money in a year long pool and now the playoffs start.

If my fellow participants are willing, we are going all in with either Atlanta or the Colts this week.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Kidlaker
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                        And exactly how are they going to stop the Falcons offense when they haven't stopped anyone all year (over 26 pts/game allowed)?

Don't over-analyze things.

Just look at the facts over 16 games.
                        Ryan has been an impressive rookie all year long but he has not impressed the last 3 weeks, averaging 170 yards and totaling 4 picks and 3 fumbles. There's just no way I'm laying points with a Rookie QB on the road. And unlike the other rookie QB laying points, Atlanta does not really have a defense they can fall back on.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

I'd trust an Atlanta bet long before I bet Indy over San Diego. For an 8-8 team, the Chargers would make me nervous.

I think having a rookie HC and QB won't matter as much for the Falcons because they are playing Arizona. They are terrible and have no business even being in the playoffs.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I'm leaning towards Indy, since both LT & Gates are banged up for the Chargers. Indy finished the year absolutely rolling.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                              Ferguson played that game. Soliai didn't, but his presence isn't going to shift the balance. And Flacco was playing just his 6th ever NFL game.

This one should be a Ravens win by at least a TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X