PDA

View Full Version : DRAFT PROFILE 1: Everette Brown, DE Florida State

BillsWin
01-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Walter Football Link (www.walterfootball.com)
#99 Everette Brown

6-4 250lb

DE

RS- Junior

Beddingville HS
(Wilson, NC)

FLORIDA STATE

4.70 unofficial 40 time

Projected Draft Spot:

1st round mid picks

Great player, right up there with Orakpo. May go as high as 11. Someone to look at. There was a thread earliar asking who'd be our 4th OLB in a 3-4, well if we were switching Everette Brown is the perfect draft choice for that position.

Enjoy! More to come!

POST EDITED FOR TOS VIOLATIONS=COPYRIGHT ~DB

streetkings01
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I hope he stays because he is an animal!

"Fear The Spear"

BillsWin
01-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I hope he stays because he is an animal!

"Fear The Spear"

Yes he is!

streetkings01
01-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes he is!He single handedly dominated that game against the Twerps.

BillsWin
01-01-2009, 08:57 PM
He single handedly dominated that game against the Twerps.

he is flat out a monster. And thats part of the reason why I chose to highlight him first. The kid can play and I'd love nothing better then to see him in a Bills jersey. Him, Orakpo, Hardy or Johnson are all great players.

T-Long
01-01-2009, 09:16 PM
He could play OLB in the 4-3 too....I like it

We aren't going to switch to the 3-4 because Fewell is staying...

I still want Michael Johnson

BillsWin
01-01-2009, 09:34 PM
He could play OLB in the 4-3 too....I like it

We aren't going to switch to the 3-4 because Fewell is staying...

I still want Michael Johnson

Whoever we pick, its gotta be impact. I know alot of people want a Center round 1, but you gotta know that this draft is DEEP in centers. and our pass rush is abysmal...

Michael Johnson will be highlighted by me in a few days. I like him alot.

acattack15
01-01-2009, 09:37 PM
No Way Michael Johnson. I mean i would take him only if Orakpo, Everette Brown, Hardy are gone. Johnson has the most talent out of the DEs in this years draft, but he doesnt have the heart!!!!

I watched him during the bowl game against LSU, he gave up in the 2nd quarter and just went through the motions the rest of the game. The guy doesnt care and doesnt have the motor or drive to become a Julius Peppers. He not worth the 11th pick, no way. We got enough under acheivers.

BillsWin
01-02-2009, 12:12 AM
No Way Michael Johnson. I mean i would take him only if Orakpo, Everette Brown, Hardy are gone. Johnson has the most talent out of the DEs in this years draft, but he doesnt have the heart!!!!

I watched him during the bowl game against LSU, he gave up in the 2nd quarter and just went through the motions the rest of the game. The guy doesnt care and doesnt have the motor or drive to become a Julius Peppers. He not worth the 11th pick, no way. We got enough under acheivers.

maybe he'd play hard for a coach the players "love".

Lets face it. NFL players love Dick.

DraftBoy
01-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Thread Moved to Appropriate Forum

X-Era
01-02-2009, 09:16 PM

Ive been saying for a while that he (Johnson) disappears too often.

Brown doesnt disappear as much. 12.5 sacks, thats very good. Brown is better at this point IMO.

Tomac54
01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Exactly. In my opinion there no way you can draft someone with the 11th overall pick that has questions about his heart and desire to play. And he does disappear alot. U cant take that risk!!!!!!!!!!!

Orakpo, Brown, Hardy might not be as raw talented or have the physical skills Johnson has, but at least they have a high motor and are constantly trying to make a play. Then run to the ball and fight until the whistle is blow. Johnson, not so much.

X-Era
01-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Exactly. In my opinion there no way you can draft someone with the 11th overall pick that has questions about his heart and desire to play. And he does disappear alot. U cant take that risk!!!!!!!!!!!

Orakpo, Brown, Hardy might not be as raw talented or have the physical skills Johnson has, but at least they have a high motor and are constantly trying to make a play. Then run to the ball and fight until the whistle is blow. Johnson, not so much.

I agree.

But you might want to be careful with the term "high motor"... thats actually a term many here mock after years of hearing that about Schobel, Kelsay, Denney.

Ingtar33
01-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Orakpo...

We already have Brown on our roster, his name is Aaron Schobel. Hardy isn't worth a pick at number 11.... maybe not before the end of the first.

DraftBoy
01-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Orakpo...

We already have Brown on our roster, his name is Aaron Schobel. Hardy isn't worth a pick at number 11.... maybe not before the end of the first.

Where would you put a guy like Aaron Maybin?

TigerJ
01-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Orakpo seems to have the best combination of measurables and production. That probabhly makes him the safest pick among the DEs rated as first rounders. Johnson has the great measurables, but wears that underachiever label. He's gotten better this year however, so there's a chance he's going to continue to grow into his talent. I hope he puts on another 15 lbs too. Brown and Hardy are overachievers, Brown being undersized and Hardy being less athletic.

DraftBoy
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Orakpo seems to have the best combination of measurables and production. That probabhly makes him the safest pick among the DEs rated as first rounders. Johnson has the great measurables, but wears that underachiever label. He's gotten better this year however, so there's a chance he's going to continue to grow into his talent. I hope he puts on another 15 lbs too. Brown and Hardy are overachievers, Brown being undersized and Hardy being less athletic.

Basically sums is up perfectly, the best DE in the NCAA very well may play at Indiana in Jamie Kirlew. Has the size of Johnson, the athleticism and production of Orakpo.