PDA

View Full Version : Corner

Mitchell55
01-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Im surprised this hasnt been posted but did anyone see that tackle he tried on Cassel. Its your one chance to nail the QB and its on a 3rd and 1 at a critical point in the game and your line up and dive at he ground??? Was he afraid Cassel would truck him or something?

jamze132
01-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Corner was a rookie and he is going to make mistakes...

He shouldn't even have been in the position he was in to begin with due to the idiotic playcall from Fewell. I think everyone besides Dickface and Fewell knew they were going to do something outside. Of course we put everyone in the box and just said **** it.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-02-2009, 07:41 AM
I'd rather we paid for his mistakes this year than next.

He's a rookie, a late round draft pick no less. With the amount of playing time he got, he's going to make this kind of mistakes.

If he has any insiprations, those kind of plays will stick to his head and make him work on tackling, something I see is his weakness. Along with a rigid offseason conditioning, he just MIGHT come back strong.

The thing is he HAD some success in his rookie year so he should have some confidence in his ability. That's huge. I'm much worried about guys like Chris Ellis who showed me nothing at all.

yordad
01-02-2009, 07:46 AM
He should have made that tackle. He looked like a one armed midget on that play. If he would have made it, we would be beeming about him right now.

topher180
01-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah I can't really jump on Reggie Corner at this point. Not that your point isn't valid, but I just can't pile on a late round pick in his first round. As other threads have stated, holding guys like Poz and Whitner accountable are this one fan's main concerns defensively.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah I can't really jump on Reggie Corner at this point. Not that your point isn't valid, but I just can't pile on a late round pick in his first round. As other threads have stated, holding guys like Poz and Whitner accountable are this one fan's main concerns defensively.

Remember POZ has played about 18 games total as well. But I do want to say that I don't think he's going to be star - a difference maker. He looks more like a solid player: when the play is there, he makes it. Nothing more, nothing less.

patmoran2006
01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Im not going to get down on him.

I think he'll be a good backup CB for this team.
**** happens.. Donte got run over like a truck yet people still love to defend him, and he's supposedly our Brian Dawkins.

I think Corner will be fine, I thought he was great in the Denver game, may have saved the game for us actually.

mchurchfie
01-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Im not going to get down on him.

I think Corner will be fine, I thought he was great in the Denver game, may have saved the game for us actually.
He was beat on both plays in the endzone. He did do a good job of knocking the pass away at the last minute on the final one but it could have just as easily have been caught for a TD.

ParanoidAndroid
01-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Corner is going to be fine. He should have wrapped him up. Lesson learned.

Poz plays a position of obscurity in the cover-2. He did a good job manning the short middle.

The short outside is where we lacked.