PDA

View Full Version : How our offseason is really going to play out

elltrain22
01-01-2009, 11:34 PM
First off, I used to be an optimist. I used to think our owner, Ralph Wilson, cared enough about this team, that he would see to it that this team gets back to the promise land, especially since the guy has little time left in this world. I used to believe our organization had potential to be one of the NFL's elite franchises. I used to have hope; used to....

Second, I'm not a guy who is synical or negative about this team. I am realistic, and win or lose, I will always support this team. I will always wear my Bills periphenallia on Fridays and Mondays, win or loose.

Third, my attitude or my hopes & optimism died the day we brought back that loser DJ. Bringing back DJ was only scratching the surface for me. First off, Ralph brings back our whole front office, whom IMO, are some of the worst football minds in all of football (especially given their power and status w/ this team). Modrak is a joke, Guy is a flat-out idiot, and the rest of em are all yes men, who don't mean spit to this organization. Those idiots are all guys who just show up and get a paycheck, they dont' friggen earn it!! Ralph also choses to keep all of DJ's asst coaches!! Wow.... IMO, the only one that shoulda been kept was the Rb's coach, and April (maybe a few others, but it's late, and ya get the point anywayz). And, the worst of it all, Ralph has the MF'ing audacity to tell the fans that he shares our disappointment!!! I'm sorry, but **** you Ralph!!!

How could Ralph stand for mediocrity? How could any owner put up w/ a staff that TV analyists even joked about? How could a guy, who claims to share our disappointment, not do a dang thing to improve this franchise?

Well, the point of my post hear is to kill the suspense, b/c I already know how our offseason is going to play out...

1st- Jan thru Feb: We're going to scout players we won't draft, we're going to overlook the needs of our football team going forward, but they're going to make us believe things are "headed in the right direction."

2nd- Free Agency: All of us here on this board know we need a legit pass rusher, a proven NFL-caliber center, a pass-catching te, an outside lb, a blocking fb, and more o-line/d-line depth, but our front office will tell us they are going to "address" our needs, but all they'll do is sign some has been pass rusher, won't do anything for a te b/c we have about 50 on our roster, will probably address the lb problem by bringing back Crowell (not bad move) b/c its cheaper, and will probably make their big splash at center b/c that need is glaring and cannot be overlooked (but wonders never cease w/ the circle of idiots).

3rd- Draft: First off, for the past 8 years, we all sit here, for hours, and do research, make mock drafts, etc, etc... Nuff said, so many people on this board are way smarter than our "circle of idiots". Draft Boy, Coach Sal, Thurm, Shelby, lot others should be the ones making our picks, then maybe I'd be excited b/c we know what this team needs way more than the "circle of idiots". What the circle will produce is a 1st rounder that baffles us & pisses us off. A 2nd & 3rd rounder that we think might work (but never will), and the rest of the picks will either be special teams players, or other schleps who won't make the 09 roster. In short we'll get some more cb's, 2nd-rate non-NFL caliber o & d-linemen, no fb, a de who won't help us out immediately, and thats when all our hope, research, and excitement will once again be left to ponder....
==========================================

Sorry if I am so "real", and I apologize that I may sound like I hate this team. I friggen love this team, always have, and always will. I care, you care, and all of care WAY more about this team than Ralph, DJ, and the rest of our circle of idiots ever could ever fathom. We are such loyal fans that show up to 70 mph games (risking our lives) to see zero points. We buy shirts, jerseys, hats only to have other NFL fans mock us. But yet, we still love, and always will. I just had to get this off my chest b/c I am so friggen depressed. I've lost all hope for next year, and who knows what the future holds. I do know one thing, I'll still be the same crazy, die-hard fan I always have been (just like all of you on this board), only wish our brain trust shared mine and our same level of commitment. We might then actually have a team to be proud of, rather than be disgusted at.

UTBillsfan
01-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Without looking at the title your just discribed like every off-season the Bills have had. Sad, but you're probably 100% right.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure if I want Thurm to draft for us. :ill:

elltrain22
01-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure if I want Thurm to draft for us. :ill:

Well, I know anyone can evaluate talent better than effin Tom effin Modrak. What a stupid piece of ****.

Jan Reimers
01-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I feel the same way, elltrain. I'm sitting here watching the Browns woo Scott Pioli (and Kirk Ferentz), the Jets talking Mike Shanahan, Steve Spagnuolo having an interview schedule that requires a travel agent, and guys like Mangini, Cowher, Billick and other successful coaches being rumored as going somewhere everyday. Except Buffalo.

We just sit here with Jauron and his weak staff, a GM with no real football experience, and an owner who is satisfied with the "continuity" of 3 straight 7-9 seasons.

It makes me sick.