http://www.gbnreport.com/2009projection.html

Brian Orakpo

thoughts?

Trent"5Alive"Edwards
01-02-2009, 07:03 AM
He's a stud

EDS
01-02-2009, 08:33 AM
I doubt many would complain if he were the pick. He would fill a need for sure.

Historian
01-02-2009, 08:37 AM
How's his motor?

:snicker:

Anybody but Kelsay...

realdealryan
01-02-2009, 08:45 AM
We should just give Copeland Bryan $25 mil guaranteed.

NC-BILLS44
01-02-2009, 09:32 AM
I like Orakpo and George Selvie from U of S Fla.

NC-BILLS44
01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
How's his motor?

Anybody but Kelsay...

The Bills need a sack artist, not another high motor guy.

trapezeus
01-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Orakpo looks good. He's got this jevon Kearsay kind of freak body size. I just know that if the bills pick him, he's going to be a gym rat who doesn't pan out. If any other of the 31 teams take him, he'll redefine the position.

Ingtar33
01-02-2009, 09:14 PM
There are a lot of decent ends, nobody who blows me away though...

Orakpo is good; im not sold on at 11 him but he's good. The trick is i don't see how he gets past Greenbay, as he's the most "sure" thing of the DE's in the draft.

George Selvie and Michael Johnson are the only other "round 1 talants" at DE this year (and yes, i know that Selvie has yet to declare).

While Selvie has the best play making potential he's basically the same size as Aaron Schobel, and Schobel is almost too small to play DE, which makes me think, if we do go DE it will be Johnson or Orakpo

ParanoidAndroid
01-02-2009, 11:07 PM
My money is on Johnson to end up the best 4-3 end in the draft. His upside is scary but can Buffalo wait for him to reach his potential? Brown is probably more NFL ready. I'd be okay with either of those two.
A 3-4 defense is going to get Tyson Jackson who, IMO, will be a monster.

Kenny
01-02-2009, 11:27 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2009projection.html

Brian Orakpo

thoughts?

That would be a great scenario no doubt... but KC going for a QB? I know they're changing coaching staff, etc... but Thigpen and that spread offense has been amazing during the stretch.

Yasgur's Farm
01-03-2009, 09:16 AM
My money is on Johnson to end up the best 4-3 end in the draft. His upside is scary but can Buffalo wait for him to reach his potential? Brown is probably more NFL ready. I'd be okay with either of those two.
A 3-4 defense is going to get Tyson Jackson who, IMO, will be a monster.I want 2 DE'S in the 1st 3 rounds... AND... I want them to start. It won't be hard for them to produce more sacks than the Kelsay/Denney duo. As for Schobel... I think his career is finished. I just hope the Bills realize it before March 1st.

Orakpu or Johnson round 1
Jackson or Shaughnessy round 3

acehole
01-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Orakpo looks good. He's got this jevon Kearsay kind of freak body size. I just know that if the bills pick him, he's going to be a gym rat who doesn't pan out. If any other of the 31 teams take him, he'll redefine the position.

I thought the same thing.....

This seems to only work if we pick him in th 7 round....

Then he gets great in his last year and leaves...

acehole
01-03-2009, 09:35 AM
I want 2 DE'S in the 1st 3 rounds... AND... I want them to start. It won't be hard for them to produce more sacks than the Kelsay/Denney duo. As for Schobel... I think his career is finished. I just hope the Bills realize it before March 1st.

Orakpu or Johnson round 1
Jackson or Shaughnessy round 3

I really like kelsay and denny....I think they are fine at the other DE position if we had a pass rush on the other side....

Remember we rarly bring heat because our offense cant find the enzone and get ahead.....

Yasgur's Farm
01-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I really like kelsay and denny....I think they are fine at the other DE position if we had a pass rush on the other side....

Remember we rarly bring heat because our offense cant find the enzone and get ahead.....You're right, Kelsay and/or Denney opposite a good DE (and with the lead) are serviceable and can do some damage. Couple problems though...

1) They're both at or beyond their peak. They're not gonna get any better.
2) Kelsay has a disproportionate (talent vs salary) draw on "Ralph's cap". I think I'd rather apply his salary (along with Schobels) toward free agency.

It's time for the new breed DE's... Ellis, Orakpo, Jackson looks awful good to me.

PECKERWOOD
01-03-2009, 03:31 PM
I want Suggs over ANY DE in the draft. If you can throw 49 million at Dockery, you can throw 50 million at Suggs, he is worth every penny and since we've signed that deal to play in Toronto 'x' amounts of games each year, we got the money for it.