PDA

View Full Version : I got a DT question Draftboy

historypete
01-02-2009, 09:50 AM
I was watching the Clemson-Nebraska game yesterday. That DT from Nebraska, Suh looks like a beast.

During the game they said he is probably going back for his Senior season, but if comes out what do you think about him and where he projects? To me, from what I saw, I see a stud DT.

DraftBoy
01-02-2009, 12:39 PM
I was watching the Clemson-Nebraska game yesterday. That DT from Nebraska, Suh looks like a beast.

During the game they said he is probably going back for his Senior season, but if comes out what do you think about him and where he projects? To me, from what I saw, I see a stud DT.

Its a good question to ask. Initially Suh came out over a week ago and said he was not going to be declaring for the draft, and would return for his senior season. Since then however people have been talking him up as a potential 1st Round pick in the last 1/3 of the 1st Round. So he has reconsidered, especially since next year he'll have to contend with DT's like McCoy, Cody, Atkins, Owens, Oghobaase, and Jones. So it makes sense for him to leave now, as he is by far the best player on Nebraska and got jobbed out of being All-Big 12 1st team this year.

On to his skill set;
He finished 2nd on his team with 64 tackles this season which for a DT is astounding! Now only 12.5 of those tackles were for loss, but he did record 5.5 sacks also. Now he is a very athletic DT for his size (6'4, 300lbs). He has two INT's this year and returned both for TD's. He worked off of Nebraska's Jumbo Goal line Set. Where he also caught a TD. He also blocked a kick, recorded 5 QB Hurries, 1 Pass Deflection, and 1 forced fumble. All and all the kid has some serious skills. Now He is still raw, this was his first year as a full time starter and at times he struggled. In general with underclassmen especially I want to see how they played in big games. So for Suh;
v. Virginia Tech-4.5 tackles, 1 TFL
v. Missouri-4.5 tackles, 1.5 TFL
v. Texas Tech-4.5 tackles
v. Oklahoma-5.5 tackles
v. Kansas-1 Receiving TD, 8.5 tackles, 3 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 QBH

So in big games the kid came to play. Right now I have him as a 1st-2nd Round prospect who I'd love to see fall to our 2nd Round pick but I have a feeling his combine and workouts are going to be good, so he's likely to rise to around pick 15-20 in Round 1, if he comes out.