PDA

View Full Version : Name the players that will not be here next year!!

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Name the players that will not be here but give a reason why. Don't give a reason like "he sucks".

1) Losman. Even though we could probably re-sign him as a backup I'm convinced that from the owner down this guy is pretty much despised.

2) Fowler. Sorry to be obvious.

3) Jason Whittle. Two year contract that just ended. Did the guy ever see the field?

4) Robert Royal. I believe that TE get's addressed in the off-season. He's got a 4 year deal but I think his lack of key catches and getting less playing time is showing him the door.

5) George Wilson. Enough said.

trapezeus
01-02-2009, 10:57 AM
6. Ko Simpson. - for a team t hat loves drafting secondary positions, i'm sure the bills will address this in the draft yet again.

Historian
01-02-2009, 11:02 AM
For the love of all that is holy...someone sent Royal's resume to a headhunter!

sauce
01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Name the players that will not be here but give a reason why. Don't give a reason like "he sucks".

1) Losman. Even though we could probably re-sign him as a backup I'm convinced that from the owner down this guy is pretty much despised.

3) Jason Whittle. Two year contract that just ended. Did the guy ever see the field?

4) Robert Royal. I believe that TE get's addressed in the off-season. He's got a 4 year deal but I think his lack of key catches and getting less playing time is showing him the door.

Disagree with Wilson...He provides adaquate depth at a cheap salary

bigbub2352
01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Melvin Fowler
Robert Royal
Chris Kelsay
Coery Mcyntyre
George Wilson
Jabari Greer
Jon Corto
Blake Costanzo
Dustin Fox
Corey Mace
Jonathan Scott
Jason whittle
justin Jenkins
Marcus Buggs
Jonathan Stupar
Copeland bryan
Ted lehman
Jp Losman
Angelo Crowell maybe

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Melvin Fowler
Robert Royal
Chris Kelsay
Coery Mcyntyre
George Wilson
Jabari Greer
Jon Corto
Blake Costanzo
Dustin Fox
Corey Mace
Jonathan Scott
Jason whittle
justin Jenkins
Marcus Buggs
Jonathan Stupar
Copeland bryan
Ted lehman
Jp Losman
Angelo Crowell maybe

No way they release Kelsay. Not saying that he doesn't deseerve it but no way.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 11:11 AM
For the love of all that is holy...someone sent Royal's resume to a headhunter!

I think he still has a year left on his 10 million dollar deal. I debated on him making the list for this reason.

He's definately the Craig Nall of TEs.

TacklingDummy
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Jason Peters: Buffalo's front office won't play his game and will ship him off to Cincinatti.

Schobel or Kelsay: 1 of the Bills overpaid ends has to go.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Schobel... His high salary coupled with his drop-off in play and lingering injury... Ralph will use the savings in free agency.

As for Royal he and Schouman will share the #2/3 responsibilities behind Fine.

bigbub2352
01-02-2009, 11:22 AM
No way they release Kelsay. Not saying that he doesn't deseerve it but no way.

if they go DE in the 1st RD Kelsay should get released just for his cap numbers alone, leave denney and ellis for depth

cant have so much money tied up on 1 uneffective position
Kelsay is a joke everyone knows it, i see what you are saying but he hasnt justafied a paycheck since he came form Nebraska
Some of these guys gotta go they contribute nothing

yordad
01-02-2009, 11:30 AM
"Go" as in "go" off the team, or "go" out of the starting lineup? Alot of these guys can stay on for depth, but I guess that knocks a couple roll players off the team.

1). JP is going no matter what.
2). Fowler needs to take a hike.
3). Preston is as dumb as a cow.
4). Whittle is as injured as a snake on the highway all the time.
5). Dockery is WAY over paid, and should be friggin straight cut.

and I will go on....

6). Simpson needs to find a seat at the bottom of the depth chart.
7). Ellison needs to find a seat at the bottom of the depth chart.
8). Kelsey should be cut. He too is way over paid.
9). McIntyre blows.
10). Royal shouldn't be good enough to make this team, but probably will be again as we continue to ignore this need.

Also, I have no idea why people would want to let Crowell leave.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 11:31 AM
if they go DE in the 1st RD Kelsay should get released just for his cap numbers alone, leave denney and ellis for depth

cant have so much money tied up on 1 uneffective position
Kelsay is a joke everyone knows it, i see what you are saying but he hasnt justafied a paycheck since he came form Nebraska
Some of these guys gotta go they contribute nothing

I think you picked the wrong player. I'm hearing that Schobel might have to retire.

bflobarry
01-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Schobel... His high salary coupled with his drop-off in play and lingering injury... Ralph will use the savings in free agency.

As for Royal he and Schouman will share the #2/3 responsibilities behind Fine.
Keep "Turnstile" Kelsay over Schobel? No way in hell. Kelsay is easily the worst starter on a bad team. Wow, that's hard to do. I don't get all the negativity about Schobel. When healthy, he is our only pass rush threat. Gone next year: Preston (I hope), Royal (ditto), JP obviously, Simpson, and a bunch of back ups. Our #1 need: A pass rushing DE (to be everything Kelsay is being paid to be, but is not), then OLB, then center. Trent will be an upper echelon QB next year, IF we can field a defense than can get off the field. And Josh Reed is the toughest Bill on the team, along w/ the Beast...

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Keep "Turnstile" Kelsay over Schobel? No way in hell. Kelsay is easily the worst starter on a bad team. Wow, that's hard to do. I don't get all the negativity about Schobel. When healthy, he is our only pass rush threat. Gone next year: Preston (I hope), Royal (ditto), JP obviously, Simpson, and a bunch of back ups. Our #1 need: A pass rushing DE (to be everything Kelsay is being paid to be, but is not), then OLB, then center. Trent will be an upper echelon QB next year, IF we can field a defense than can get off the field. And Josh Reed is the toughest Bill on the team, along w/ the Beast...

Schobel wasn't looking like he was on his way to a great year. The myth that it was our interior line's fault maybe replaced by the fact that we have overrated white guys playing the DE position.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Keep "Turnstile" Kelsay over Schobel? No way in hell. Kelsay is easily the worst starter on a bad team. Wow, that's hard to do. I don't get all the negativity about Schobel. When healthy, he is our only pass rush threat.Schobel was a pass rushing threat... When all is said and done, Who will make the better back-up to our #1 draft pick?

yordad
01-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Schobel was a pass rushing threat... When all is said and done, Who will make the better back-up to our #1 draft pick?A better question: Who is going to start opposite our #1 draft pick?

elltrain22
01-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Whoever is cheap is ours. All the guys who want even a little bit more money, even if we need em, they are gone!! I have no faith in Ralph, I have no faith in our organization fielding a competitve football team.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Schobel was a pass rushing threat... When all is said and done, Who will make the better back-up to our #1 draft pick?

The last time the guy had recorded more than 1 sack in a game was December of 2006.

After 5 games, with Johnson, Stroud, and Williams all playing great he was able to muster up 1 sack.

I think we paid 30 million dollars more for one extra sack over Kelsay.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2009, 11:57 AM
A better question: Who is going to start opposite our #1 draft pick?Denney, Ellis, or our #3 draft pick.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Schobel was a pass rushing threat... When all is said and done, Who will make the better back-up to our #1 draft pick?

Sadly, I just went to the buffalobills site and Schobel is getting the "he's motivated" article for 2009.

I've heard that he needs surgery so let's hope his doctors know more than the Bills and he's forced to call it a career.

Than we can save some cap space and get a real pass threat in here.

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
i dont think Jonathan Scott will be released, he had a promising future coming out of college, and will provide a good backup for this team. He did catch the injury bug early, but if healthy can be a factor, esp if the team does trade away Peters.

patmoran2006
01-02-2009, 01:03 PM

Agree with the first four, but I think Wilson will be back.. BTW, Whittle didnt have a two year deal, he had a pair of one-year deals.

I'll add a few more.
John McCargo- he's getting cut. We already tired unsucessfully to trade him.. THe FO is just ready to cut ties and cut their losses now, He's a goner.

Ko Simpson- I dont think he's gone for sure, but I do think he's going to have to win a job at training camp. I think his starting spot is gone (Scott) for good, and he'll compete with Wilson, Wendling and possibly a new guy for 2, maybe 3 spots.

There are 2 more people I'd like to be gone, one because he's expensive and sucks, and the other becomes he's just not worth the cap figure. Having said that, I highly doubt we cut either of them.

1- Chris Kelsay- I seriously think Denney is better than him, and NEITHER should be starting. if Schobel is back, I'd like priority #1 to be DE this offseason, whether FA or the 11th pick in the draft alongside Schobel (hopefully) with Denney and Ellis as backups. This guy may be liked, but he SUCKS.

2- Roscoe Parrish- great PR, extremely overated WR.. Is any punt returner really worth $4 million? And he's not a KR, just a PR (and a great one). but I'd like to see STeve Johnson and James Hardy get their shot, and Parrish as a #3 who's proven he's nothing special at WR doesnt allow it to happen.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Agree with the first four, but I think Wilson will be back.. BTW, Whittle didnt have a two year deal, he had a pair of one-year deals.

I'll add a few more.
John McCargo- he's getting cut. We already tired unsucessfully to trade him.. THe FO is just ready to cut ties and cut their losses now, He's a goner.

Ko Simpson- I dont think he's gone for sure, but I do think he's going to have to win a job at training camp. I think his starting spot is gone (Scott) for good, and he'll compete with Wilson, Wendling and possibly a new guy for 2, maybe 3 spots.

There are 2 more people I'd like to be gone, one because he's expensive and sucks, and the other becomes he's just not worth the cap figure. Having said that, I highly doubt we cut either of them.

1- Chris Kelsay- I seriously think Denney is better than him, and NEITHER should be starting. if Schobel is back, I'd like priority #1 to be DE this offseason, whether FA or the 11th pick in the draft alongside Schobel (hopefully) with Denney and Ellis as backups. This guy may be liked, but he SUCKS.

2- Roscoe Parrish- great PR, extremely overated WR.. Is any punt returner really worth $4 million? And he's not a KR, just a PR (and a great one). but I'd like to see STeve Johnson and James Hardy get their shot, and Parrish as a #3 who's proven he's nothing special at WR doesnt allow it to happen.

Good post. How sad is it that I forgot that McCargo is still on the roster?

If Scott can play Simpsons position than Simpson is a goner. Agreed.

The Bills should trade Parrish. I hated Parrish the day we drafted him because he's exactly what I though he would be. Too small to play in the NFL.

Can we cut Wendling now? I'm sick of the Wendling, Schouman, Fine, Corto, Constanzo picks.

patmoran2006
01-02-2009, 01:24 PM
As long as Jauron is the coach and April is the ST coach, we'll continue to have guys like Costanzo, Corto, WEnding and Fox on teh bottom part of the roster.

Buffalo is committed to ST, and I dont have a big problem of it as others do. We've won games because of ST alone.

What I do have a problem with is the personnel dep't that drastically overvalues FA that we end up overpaying for, that makes a premium on gifted backups even more so than for other teams.

patmoran2006
01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Also.
If your counting JP as a FA that wont be back, you can add JAbari Greer as a goner for sure.. He wont be back, he deserves a good market rate deal for a #2 corner, and we got McKelvin, Youboty (hopefully) and Corner now to go with McGee.

For the record, I HOPE Greer does very well, he's one of the classiest guys I've ever met in football.

And I get this funny feeling we'll be seeing him twice per year when NE grabs him in FA (just a hunch)

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Also.
If your counting JP as a FA that wont be back, you can add JAbari Greer as a goner for sure.. He wont be back, he deserves a good market rate deal for a #2 corner, and we got McKelvin, Youboty (hopefully) and Corner now to go with McGee.

For the record, I HOPE Greer does very well, he's one of the classiest guys I've ever met in football.

And I get this funny feeling we'll be seeing him twice per year when NE grabs him in FA (just a hunch)

Greer is overrated. Just my opinion. Gald to see him leave because I actually think we are better without him next year.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
As long as Jauron is the coach and April is the ST coach, we'll continue to have guys like Costanzo, Corto, WEnding and Fox on teh bottom part of the roster.

Buffalo is committed to ST, and I dont have a big problem of it as others do. We've won games because of ST alone.

What I do have a problem with is the personnel dep't that drastically overvalues FA that we end up overpaying for, that makes a premium on gifted backups even more so than for other teams.

What's are record since April got here?

Defense 1st, Offense 2nd, Special teams 3rd.

Even Hester is too much of a luxury to have as just a special teams player and that's why Chicago is talking of not using him in the kickoof game anymore. It doesn't translate to wins.