X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Schobel specualtion thread.

Okay, I have to be careful about this. I posted this the other day and removed the thread because I didn't want to create any ethical issues. I'm going to post this another way.

The Bills will be bringing Schobel in on February 1st to evaluate his foot injury. He is telling everyone that it's improving. Since the Bills got burned on Crowell I doubt they make the same mistake twice.

His injury supposedly doesn't involve the ligament. However, he's being evaluated because there is a good chance the ligament is damaged and it will need surgery. Surgery and rehab wouldn't get Schobel in light workouts until mid August.

If Schobel needs surgery, and I strongly beleive he does, he will be useless for us in 2009.

I was told that after this kind of surgery, and for a DE, he would never make a full recovery. It would take a year just to be able to give a full 100% push off of it. Given his age and downhill slide I really beleieve that Schobel won't be coming back.
  • billsfanone
    Majored in Home Economics
    • Sep 2008

Re: Schobel specualtion thread.

Damn. Who will pick up the garbage time sack slack?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Agreed!!

Comment

• jdbillsfan
        • Oct 2002

Maybe increases the likelihood of aquiring a quality DE through the draft or FA

Comment

• soapman
          • Jan 2008

I was able to get a first rounder out of trading him in Madden

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

I think we can still get some value from him via trade.. A 2nd or 3rd round pick would be NICE!

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I'm not going to speculate on him, but I will say I hope he's healthy becuase we REALLY NEED HIM.

If he's not 100%, there is no way we get rid of Kelsay-- which is my public goal for the first "big move" we make this offseason.. I despise Kelsay at $56 million or whatver he's making now a days.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

We some brothers in here as DEs. Let's get a guy like Peppers in the lineup and forget about Schobel.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

Forget Schobel. I hope he's gone.

I remember posting weeks ago that only 3 in the top 30 sack leader DEs were white - and none of them are Bills. We need to stop getting these undersized crappy white boys.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DMBcrew36

I remember posting weeks ago that only 3 in the top 30 sack leader DEs were white - and none of them are Bills. We need to stop getting these undersized crappy white boys.
                    I'm not sure if it's politically correct to say this but please no more white guys playing DE. Please!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      I'm not going to speculate on him, but I will say I hope he's healthy becuase we REALLY NEED HIM.

If he's not 100%, there is no way we get rid of Kelsay-- which is my public goal for the first "big move" we make this offseason.. I despise Kelsay at $56 million or whatver he's making now a days.
                      They both need to go. Schobel was overrated in the first place and he's washed up now. Yes, our D got worse when he was out, but it's not like the pass rush was spectacular when he was in there.

That being said, my guess is at least one and quite possibly both will return. There's no way this FO finds TWO starting caliber DE's in one off-season. I'll be surprised if they can come up with one.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        I'm not sure if it's politically correct to say this but please no more white guys playing DE. Please!!
                        Political correctness is for liberals.

The team needs some big black beast defensive ends - either via free agency or with the 1st round pick.

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                          • May 2007

Aaron Kampman, Patrick Kerney, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Jared Allen, and Jason Taylor maybe? Also Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, and Igor Olshansky are very good in the 34 system although I accept they are not really pass rushers or sack leaders.
                          I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Thats pretty good! There are only 4 white starters! (OK, I made that up)
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Political correctness is for liberals.

The team needs some big black beast defensive ends - either via free agency or with the 1st round pick.
                              Actually, political correctness is a very conservative notion. People have begun to use those two terms very incorrectly.

Anyway, the percentages do favor black dudes when it comes to athletic prowess. So, if I was to roll the dice in the draft, I'd pick with the percentages. However, if a guy like Jared Allen fell to me, I wouldn't pass because he's white. It's the same at virtually every position. This truly is a ridiculous conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X