PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Exclusive: Devin's Bold Picks

shelby
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Here are RockStar's picks for this coming weekend playoff games. Enjoy!

Since the regular season is over and power rankings aren't necessary, this column will switch more to a picks format. I wanted to make this a little more difficult, so I decided that I will be picking with the spread. That should make things somewhat harder (or easier, depending on how you look at it).

Atlanta Falcons (-1.5) over Arizona Cardinals
- As the NFL playoff season kicks off this Saturday, it starts with a very intriguing game. Some are calling this the most obvious game of the weekend, while others are saying it’s the biggest trap game. I guess it’s all in how you want to look at it. I realize that going with Atlanta means trusting a rookie head coach and rookie quarterback on the road, but I honestly have little faith in Arizona to do anything.
Just this week, Edgerrin James was quoted as saying that the last game he plays this season will the last with the franchise. Now call me crazy, but right before you’re getting ready for a playoff game, I think that is the last thing you need veteran players talking about.
I mean, would Arizona even make the playoffs if they were in a different division? They went 6-0 in their division, which means that over half of their wins were against teams with a losing record. In fact, they only beat one playoff team this season, the Miami Dolphins. I should point out that when they beat Miami, the wildcat had never been introduced, and Chad Pennington was still getting his feet wet in Miami. If they were to play tomorrow afternoon, I’d pick Miami in a heartbeat.
Atlanta, on the other hand, finished two games better than Arizona overall, but because they were in a tough division, they have to go on the road for the playoffs. I guess that’s just the way it goes in the NFL. While splitting with Carolina, the second time was a total blowout. Combine that with the fact that they beat two other teams currently in the playoffs, including a Minnesota team that had previous blown away Arizona, and I’ll take my chances with the rookies.

more... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2009/01/02/devins_bold_picks.php)

Tatonka
01-03-2009, 08:55 AM
good job.

Tatonka
01-03-2009, 08:56 AM
im with you on minnesota, baltimore, and indy.

i can see atlanta winning, but i dont think it will happen. i think that personally, i will be on the Over in that game.

Kidlaker
01-03-2009, 12:33 PM
im with you on minnesota, baltimore, and indy.

i can see atlanta winning, but i dont think it will happen. i think that personally, i will be on the Over in that game.

Sharp money is playing all 4 home dogs on the moneyline. Yes even Miami. Just trust me on this. All 4 WC games have never happened where the road teams are small favorites and the public is all over all of them. At least 2 of the home teams will win it and will make you money since you're playing a + ML