PDA

View Full Version : pressuring the QB

Jaybird
01-02-2009, 08:51 PM
As we all know the lack of pressure we get on a QB is ******ed. We need an upgrade this off-season. In my opinion the team is so desperate to get to the QB that we must sign someone or trade. We need to know what we're getting and must sign/trade a player that will produce. Drafting someone would also be nice, but a first round pick on a DE will not help as much as a free agent or trade next season.

I really respect the job that our corners do in coverage, keep in mind a Qb has all day against our d-line...

Do not mention Peppers because caarolina will not let him go, and he will get resigned.

who do think we can get Via trade or free agency???

happy New year

X-Era
01-02-2009, 09:09 PM
As we all know the lack of pressure we get on a QB is ******ed. We need an upgrade this off-season. In my opinion the team is so desperate to get to the QB that we must sign someone or trade. We need to know what we're getting and must sign/trade a player that will produce. Drafting someone would also be nice, but a first round pick on a DE will not help as much as a free agent or trade next season.

I really respect the job that our corners do in coverage, keep in mind a Qb has all day against our d-line...

Do not mention Peppers because caarolina will not let him go, and he will get resigned.

who do think we can get Via trade or free agency???

happy New year

I see Terrell Suggs filling two holes... Not only is he a major upgrade at LB to Ellison or even Crowell, he brings sacks day one.

Signing him adds sacks, and allows us to add a DE later or go ahead and really give our D a shot at being special by adding a DE at 11. Look at a guy like Orakpo, Johnson, or Brown.

So, its a move where you add sacks with the LB, and then add sacks with the DE.

Night Train
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Haven't you read this board ?

We need a really cool WR or Safety instead. :rolleyes:

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Carolina needs to resign both Peppers and Gross and they only have the cap space to extend or franchise one of them so I think maybe other teams have a shot. I still expect the Panthers to use the franchise tag on him so maybe we can get clever and offer something really valuable right now to the Panthers just to get him before March 1 and then lock him out for several seasons, it wouldn't be that crazy for Carolina considering they would be getting something valuable for a guy with no contract and still be able to use the tag on Jordan Gross.

Do I sound convincing enough? Would the Panthers really bite?

Plan B is Terrell Suggs of course. I wonder how good would he be in a 43 defense though.

Also maybe we can offer something really valuable like our first round pick for Patrick Kerney, after all the Seahawks might be looking to rebuild.

Ingtar33
01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Suggs would probably have to play end in a 4-3.

X-Era
01-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Suggs would probably have to play end in a 4-3.

I think he can play either.

He certainly can put his hand down, but hes shown he can play OLB as well.

Ingtar33
01-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I think he can play either.

He certainly can put his hand down, but hes shown he can play OLB as well.

he's basically the rush LB in the 3-4 which is in essence a DE in a 4-3.

you're right, he can cover so who knows. we might keep him at LB... but his sack numbers would fall off in this defense at LB, vs what he'd manage at end.