PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Lilja

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Left offensive guard of the Indianapolis Colts, this guy used to be a major force last two seasons protecting Peyton Manning and making holes for Joseph Addai to run. This season he was injured in the first games but then he recovered and for some reason the Colts have not use him as an starting player, does anyone know is there a reason? Did his play fall that much?

Maybe Buffalo should make an offer for Lilja and if he is not that expensive we could get someone who could potentially replace Dockery.

ParanoidAndroid
01-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Left offensive guard of the Indianapolis Colts, this guy used to be a major force last two seasons protecting Peyton Manning and making holes for Joseph Addai to run. This season he was injured in the first games but then he recovered and for some reason the Colts have not use him as an starting player, does anyone know is there a reason? Did his play fall that much?

Maybe Buffalo should make an offer for Lilja and if he is not that expensive we could get someone who could potentially replace Dockery.

Dockerry isn't the problem. If you watch all those running plays where Lynch and Jackson refuse to go down, look close at the reason they get more extra yards. Much of the time, it is because Dockerry is in there getting a push and helping them stay up. That's what this big o-line actually does well. I'm not sure why people want to get rid of him.
If you want a reason why we get stopped so often, look at the predictability of the offense. There is no adjustment to what the defense shows.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, I'm not one of those guys who thinks Dockery has sucked all year, I just think he didn't have overall a good performance this year as last year. I still think he was above average this season and has the potential to play even better next season.

Anyway, I didn't mean to sound like if we need to replace him right now, I was just thinking about Lilja which I used to consider him one of the beast guards in the league and after his unknown disappearing I was just wondering that maybe his value dropped and maybe Brandon could benefit of the situation and get either a better player than Dockery or some great depth.

Anyway, I asked in an Indy's message board and he was placed on injury reserve and didn't play any snap this season. That kills my idea because it was not really his performance that got him benched, he was just injured so the Colts will want to keep him and even if they don't he would be expensive as he is still a top player in his position.