PDA

View Full Version : CONSPIRACY THEORY

lmcshadow
01-02-2009, 11:19 PM
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS BLOG FROM BUFFALODOWN....IT MAKES YOU SAY HMMM
Conspiracy Theory (http://buffalowdown.com/2009/01/01/conspiracy-theory/)

I was home late last night, I didn’t go out for New Years, I had to work today. I was out in the garage attempting to fix my wiper blades. Silly me on Monday I replaced the wiper blade transmission but didn’t tighten something well, it loosened and I was without wipers again. As I was getting in and out of the car I heard a caller to WGR 550 explain a possible conspiract theory for the Buffalo Bills, that almost fits. I did not hear who called it in, if it was a listener or if it was one of the beat reporters, but here goes:
Ralph Wilson knew what he was doing when he re-signed Dick Jauron to the head coaching job of the Buffalo Bills. Not a favorite among fans, this decision could drive fans away, because he knows he is a guaranteed loser, with Dick Jauron you have no playoffs, and soon no fans. And that is what Ralph wants; he wants the fan base to become so disenfranchised with the team that they stop buying season tickets, and stop coming to the games.
Sounds pretty counter productive, given as the owner of the team he would want to make money. Here is where the catch is. If we stop going to games, he can go to Roger Goodell and say, “You know what, everyone was right, we cannot support a team in Buffalo. Let’s ok the move to Toronto.”
Gives you something to think about as you recover from last night.

01 Jan

I was home late last night, I didn’t go out for New Years, I had to work today. I was out in the garage attempting to fix my wiper blades. Silly me on Monday I replaced the wiper blade transmission but didn’t tighten something well, it loosened and I was without wipers again. As I was getting in and out of the car I heard a caller to WGR 550 explain a possible conspiract theory for the Buffalo Bills, that almost fits. I did not hear who called it in, if it was a listener or if it was one of the beat reporters, but here goes:
Ralph Wilson knew what he was doing when he re-signed Dick Jauron to the head coaching job of the Buffalo Bills. Not a favorite among fans, this decision could drive fans away, because he knows he is a guaranteed loser, with Dick Jauron you have no playoffs, and soon no fans. And that is what Ralph wants; he wants the fan base to become so disenfranchised with the team that they stop buying season tickets, and stop coming to the games.
Sounds pretty counter productive, given as the owner of the team he would want to make money. Here is where the catch is. If we stop going to games, he can go to Roger Goodell and say, “You know what, everyone was right, we cannot support a team in Buffalo. Let’s ok the move to Toronto.”

01 Jan

http://buffalowdown.com/

yordad
01-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I think I started this conspiracy theory (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=167355). :(

tat2dmike77
01-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I get what you're saying but it's anther moronic theory.

One if person A says i am not renewing my season tixs there will be person B there to swoop in and buy them in there place. I myself am waging my own personal protest by not attending a game or buying any merchandise. But i know that someone will take my place. It's the nature of beast.

Also during the Toronto game the attendence showed that Toronto could care less about an NFL franchise. It actually did the Bills a favor by people not attending the game.

Ralph kept Jauron because the FO shot thier wad to soon and gave him an extension when this team was winning ealier this season. So Ralph does not want to pay two coaches one of whom would not be even on the sidelines. He has turned and said to Jauron "ok one more chance i'm totally ceral this time" will it change until this team proves any different no.

The only way this team moves is when ralph dies and an outside buyer comes in and takes the team. Ralph wants to make it seem like he is a good guy. If he was a good guy he would have a buyer lined up that will keep the team in Buffalo. Instead he is more worried about the money his family will get when he dies. Talk about greedy this guy is basically saying it to us he cares more about the money his family will get then keeping his team here long after he dies.

I don't know if the team is going to move. I would like to believe that Ralph is not trying to make this team purposlly suck. I do know that if the Bills were to move i would never have a favorite NFL team again. I would watch games casually on sundays and the super bowl but my days of being a fan of a NFL team would be over.

yordad
01-03-2009, 06:50 AM
I get what you're saying but it's anther moronic theory.

One if person A says i am not renewing my season tixs there will be person B there to swoop in and buy them in there place. I myself am waging my own personal protest by not attending a game or buying any merchandise. But i know that someone will take my place. It's the nature of beast.

Also during the Toronto game the attendence showed that Toronto could care less about an NFL franchise. It actually did the Bills a favor by people not attending the game.

Ralph kept Jauron because the FO shot thier wad to soon and gave him an extension when this team was winning ealier this season. So Ralph does not want to pay two coaches one of whom would not be even on the sidelines. He has turned and said to Jauron "ok one more chance i'm totally ceral this time" will it change until this team proves any different no.

The only way this team moves is when ralph dies and an outside buyer comes in and takes the team. Ralph wants to make it seem like he is a good guy. If he was a good guy he would have a buyer lined up that will keep the team in Buffalo. Instead he is more worried about the money his family will get when he dies. Talk about greedy this guy is basically saying it to us he cares more about the money his family will get then keeping his team here long after he dies.

I don't know if the team is going to move. I would like to believe that Ralph is not trying to make this team purposlly suck. I do know that if the Bills were to move i would never have a favorite NFL team again. I would watch games casually on sundays and the super bowl but my days of being a fan of a NFL team would be over.I agree it seems far fetched. But I don't know how you make so many duimb moves for a decade bt accident. And, I don't think it is rocket science to think if you hire a better, more expensive coach, with a proven track record, he might actually coach and organize better.

If you stop buying merchandise (as I have tried to do also), then no one will "take your place". It isn't like merchandise is limited. If you buy 10, thats 10 more they sell.

And, seems we should start bashing his fam. Afterall, Ralph isn't forceing them to take the money and run after he croaks.

Maybe he isn't doing it on purpose, but he is clearly looking at it from a business perspective, and not a competitive one.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-03-2009, 06:55 AM
it all bs. if RW wants to sell the franchise off, he needs to show a profitable businsess. healthy books means saleable entity. RW is not smart enough to have "grand Scheme" .... he is just a looser with a looser mentality

yordad
01-03-2009, 07:17 AM
it all bs. if RW wants to sell the franchise off, he needs to show a profitable businsess. healthy books means saleable entity. RW is not smart enough to have "grand Scheme" .... he is just a looser with a looser mentalityYeah, I was just BS-ing. This sounds accurate.

Jan Reimers
01-03-2009, 07:43 AM
I think Ralph was on the grassy knoll in Dallas, and outside that hotel balconey in Memphis, too. Lee Harvey Oswald and James Earl Ray were merely dupes of the evil genius from Grosse Pointe.

X-Era
01-03-2009, 08:15 AM
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS BLOG FROM BUFFALODOWN....IT MAKES YOU SAY HMMM

01 Jan

01 Jan

http://buffalowdown.com/

Complete crap theory.

Quit trying to read into Ralphs every move. Listen to his words. He has been emphatic. He has said over and over that he will not move the team as long as hes alive.

Throne Logic
01-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Why in the world would Ralph need to do anything sneaky? I don't get it.

These teams moved without conspiracy: Cleveland, Houston, Oakland/LA (twice), etc.

Most owners would be thrilled to move the Bills to a bigger market to increase the revenue pool, rather than suck from it.

All Ralph would have to do is declare the team for sale. The Bills would be gone within two seasons. Simple as that. No conspiracy required. The world would give Buffalo a simpathetic ear for about 2 months and then move on. Then I could have two T-Shirts of "gone but not forgotten" sports lore: The Whale and The Bills.

Sometimes, life just sucks.

Typ0
01-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I actually said this years ago and it's not as far fetched as you all make it seem. My theory and this one are fundamentally the same but the spirit of the whole thing is not. The main difference is that you people seem to think RW has hired a team of lawyers to help him execute this master plan and they spend their days around a table making sure it's working. In my model, the conspiracy is that Ralph Wilson actually believes he's maximizing his wealth in this marketplace and any more expenditures will be met with losses instead of positive returns. This will eventually be used as leverage in the meetings to determine if the remaining owners in the NFL will approve of a sale that includes the team moving to another marketplace. If these things happen, Goddell can sing about the importance of preserving the tradition of the NFL and keeping a team in buffalo all he wants the high market owners will not tolerate having both a revenue sharing agreement and keeping the team here in Buffalo and it will be a done deal. As a result the Wilson heirs will grab up another billion plus in long term cash flows! Furthermore, RW can rationalize that he has stood between the team moving for years and he will die thinking he is the patron saint of buffalo when in reality he is the devil. It's working for him too bad it's not working for us.

Historian
01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Personally, I think his Granddaugter will be left the team upon his death...

Ickybaluky
01-03-2009, 02:48 PM
If Wilson wanted to move the team, it wouldn't matter what the league thought. He could move them.

The Raiders took the NFL to court when the owners voted to block his move to L.A. back in the early 1980's. The courts ruled that the NFL violated anti-trust laws by blocking the move, no matter what the league charter said. Thus, the NFL has no way to block a team from moving if it wants to.

Wilson wouldn't need some conspiracy if he wanted to move the team. He could just move them (assuming the legal obligations in his lease allowed it). All he would accomplish by running the team into the ground prior to making a move would be to cost himself money and give himself a poorer team to move.

This one just doesn't make any sense.

lmcshadow
01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Ralf Wilson is an old coward...:poop:

SabreEleven
01-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Personally, I think his Granddaugter will be left the team upon his death...

but I thought they didn't want it.

lmcshadow
01-03-2009, 09:43 PM
but I thought they didn't want it.
I realley believe she will sell the team just like he daddy wanted

Typ0
01-04-2009, 01:20 AM
but they do get to pick and choose who owns the team...he doesn't want to move the team because he would have to choose the market. By selling it the market itself will make the choice with bidding dollars.

If Wilson wanted to move the team, it wouldn't matter what the league thought. He could move them.

The Raiders took the NFL to court when the owners voted to block his move to L.A. back in the early 1980's. The courts ruled that the NFL violated anti-trust laws by blocking the move, no matter what the league charter said. Thus, the NFL has no way to block a team from moving if it wants to.

Wilson wouldn't need some conspiracy if he wanted to move the team. He could just move them (assuming the legal obligations in his lease allowed it). All he would accomplish by running the team into the ground prior to making a move would be to cost himself money and give himself a poorer team to move.

This one just doesn't make any sense.

Dozerdog
01-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Stupid Theory- He's a billion years old. What difference to him does it make how much he's worth with only 3-5 years left on this planet?

I'm sure his legacy is much more important to him.

Here's a better one- Ralph runs this team as if it were 1966. He's not equipped to run it with the Jerry Jonses, Krafts, Snyders of the world

Typ0
01-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Stupid Theory- He's a billion years old. What difference to him does it make how much he's worth with only 3-5 years left on this planet?

but Ralphs generations primary value was how much was left to their heirs. Certainly you have experienced this with the elders in your life. He doesn't just not care because he's on his death bed. Yes, he's certainly preoccupied with his legacy and is clueless about how people really see him...but he also is concerned about leaving behind as much as possible as that is a measure of his generations self-worth. You can't just look at things in the terms you understand as the people who wrote the story had a completely different understanding than you do.

Goobylal
01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
The relocation fee to move the team to Toronto is anywhere from $600M to $900M. Beyond that, the skydome needs major renovation first, and they need a new stadium ultimately. Do you think Ralph will put up the relo fee and/or the money for the renovation, much less a new stadium? Not a chance.

The team moving to Toronto died with Ted Rogers. And no city can afford to build a rich NFL owner a new stadium, while the relocation fee has become prohibitively high (it's a lot less than $600M to move the team within the U.S).

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 06:42 AM
I think you guys are giving the old buzzard a little too much credit. I really don't think there is a conspiracy afoot here....that would involve thought and sensibility, my friends.......and that's something that the "higher-ups" and the management have yet to experience.
I just think that poor, ole Ralph is touching on a little senility....and he may not be "right in the head" at this time. I really don't think he knows what the **** he's doing.
I have spoken.
....( and i think that I was the one who started the conspiracy rumour).