PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills would've had a decent veteran QB, they would've been 10-6?

blackonyx89
01-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Agree or disagree? I think they would've 10-6 and the backup might've taken over Trent's starting spot. Hypothetical query.

VeggieMan14
01-03-2009, 10:15 AM
i think we could have gone 10-6 if trent didnt get knocked out in week 5 and then didnt have the groin injury later in the season

acehole
01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Agree or disagree? I think they would've 10-6 and the backup might've taken over Trent's staring spot. Hypothetical query.

If that is the case why bring our #1 back?

Typ0
01-03-2009, 10:23 AM
the only way we would get 10 wins with someone taking over TE starting spot is if it was done in camp or due to season ending injury. I do think with better QB play we would easily be in the double digit wins category and maybe even above 12 wins.

Kenny
01-03-2009, 10:29 AM
the only way we would get 10 wins with someone taking over TE starting spot is if it was done in camp or due to season ending injury. I do think with better QB play we would easily be in the double digit wins category and maybe even above 12 wins.

Agreed... Trent played well for a 2nd year guy, -but he was far from good.

I'll give him the KC game and even the SD game, -but for the most part, it's been our defense that has kept us in the game, with Trent making a few plays in the end that gave us the hot start.
Those teams we played early shouldnt have been anywhere near as close as they were.

Trent's our guy for next year, but he really, and I mean really better improve, otherwise we're in for another disappointing season.

dasaybz
01-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I brought this point up weeks ago. I think that if this team has a QB, they make the playoffs, and Dick's job isn't even in jeopardy.

QB > Coach

HHURRICANE
01-03-2009, 10:40 AM
This is easy as it gets.

If Trent plays in the second Jets game or Hamden had played it's a win. Period.

I also believe that the 49rs game would have been a victory with Trent in or a suitable backup. Even with him being injured in that game I was fully expecting him to come out in the second half, like he's done many times already, and win the game.

The Miami game was winnable as well.

So yes, 10-6 was definately attainable.

Funny how Losman doesn't carry more of the burden for the losses. Ohh, that's right, he said he thought "he played well".

Typ0
01-03-2009, 10:48 AM
JP built his highlight real marketing film from those games.

T-Long
01-03-2009, 11:02 AM
I think Trent was never the same and was rushed back too soon after Week 5 agst Arizona. I think if we have a veteran QB in that situation and LOSS-MAN...we get maybe 2 wins while Trent was out. Problem is, we still finish 9-7 and miss playoffs anyway

acehole
01-03-2009, 01:26 PM
To what end?

Do you guys honestly think we where contenders?

I dont want to get there to lose....

If we get there we better have the pony's and the coaching...

I dont think we have either...

This is red herring thread.

This is easy as it gets.

I also believe that the 49rs game would have been a victory with Trent in or a suitable backup. Even with him being injured in that game I was fully expecting him to come out in the second half, like he's done many times already, and win the game.

Funny how Losman doesn't carry more of the burden for the losses. Ohh, that's right, he said he thought "he played well".

ParanoidAndroid
01-03-2009, 01:29 PM
You can't put this on the QB alone. This team had success against 4-3 schemes and had no answer for the 3-4. That's go to be game plan and preparation. I'd put that on the offensive coaches more than the QB.

Billiever86
01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
yeah....if trent was in the rest of the year...that last game would have probably knocked us out the playoffs...

but these notions will change when we have a real schedule next season....

how can we not be over .500 against the easiest schedule weve had...

HHURRICANE
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
To what end?

Do you guys honestly think we where contenders?

I dont want to get there to lose....

If we get there we better have the pony's and the coaching...

I dont think we have either...

This is red herring thread.

Dude, I already said that this team wasn't a playoff team.

Losman was 0-4 in games he played for us this year. .

I made this point before that Edwards has a winning record in games that he's starts and finishes.

acehole
01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I think Trent was never the same and was rushed back too soon after Week 5 agst Arizona. I think if we have a veteran QB in that situation and LOSS-MAN...we get maybe 2 wins while Trent was out. Problem is, we still finish 9-7 and miss playoffs anyway

bingo!

acehole
01-03-2009, 03:45 PM

I made this point before that Edwards has a winning record in games that he's starts and finishes.

Ok...so what is the purpose/piont?

We are better off draft wise anyway.

acehole
01-03-2009, 03:47 PM
You can't put this on the QB alone. This team had success against 4-3 schemes and had no answer for the 3-4. That's go to be game plan and preparation. I'd put that on the offensive coaches more than the QB.

50/50

Dan Marino once said..." you can not deffend a perfecty thrown ball.."

A go route is still a go route against a 3/4.

acehole
01-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Geeze JP is a ghost and you people still bash him in posts....

We can turn this thread to say if Trent had not fumbled in those games and stunk up the place in others we would be in the playoffs......

This thread means nothing...

Red Herring...

Move along.

ParanoidAndroid
01-03-2009, 09:11 PM
50/50

Dan Marino once said..." you can not deffend a perfecty thrown ball.."

A go route is still a go route against a 3/4.

...If the WR was open in the first place and the QB has enough time to throw and the right call was made at the right time....

That statement by Dan sounds cute but doesn't always make sense.

justasportsfan
01-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Agree or disagree? I think they would've 10-6 and the backup might've taken over Trent's starting spot. Hypothetical query.

NO. The Ravens , falcons and ESPECIALLY the PAts have proven that you don't need a vet qb , just a good OC knows knows his head from his ass who doesn't have to watch other teams and copy their plays.

acehole
01-05-2009, 04:53 PM
NO. The Ravens , falcons and ESPECIALLY the PAts have proven that you don't need a vet qb , just a good OC knows knows his head from his ass who doesn't have to watch other teams and copy their plays.

Did you miss the Joe Flacco show?

That is a qb my friends.

topher180
01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
This is easy as it gets.

Oh you're one of those guys? Right, Hamden. The undrafted, 3rd string QB guy. Yeah we certainly have a huge sample size to see what he is capable of. So friend it's not "period" because it didn't happen and you don't know really. You loose all credibility when you say things like that.

As for the topic, who cares? Hypotheticals can be fun, but not in the past tense. Losers talk like that.

tat2dmike77
01-06-2009, 12:18 AM
And if Norwood makes the kick in super bowl XXV we are happy what is your point?

justasportsfan
01-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Did you miss the Joe Flacco show?

That is a qb my friends.
he has Cam Cameron calling the shots. A proven OC. Cam knows his X's and O while Turk is in over his head. He hasn't even produced any great qb's so coming up with gameplans that fit certain players on the field is too much for him. He's in over his head.

I have no doubt in my head, Trent would've been a good qb under Cam.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
And if Norwood makes the kick in super bowl XXV we are happy what is your point?

The point was that a backup is supposed to come in and not lose you games. Two weeks in a row with a 45 QB rating isn't going to get it done.

Here's hoping the FO doesn't put a bandaid on it.

Jan Reimers
01-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Only if he had started all 16 games. Let's face it, Trent only had success early in the season against some really weak teams, and late against horrible defenses in KC and Denver.

ddaryl
01-06-2009, 09:09 AM
I think 8-8 or maybe 9-7 with a decent backup.

I still believe our weaknesses at DE / LB and our weakness at C on the OL are more probable reasons for why we didn't go 10-6 this year.

If we had all of the above and a decent backup QB I would think we could have been a 11-5 team possibly... but then we still have to take into account the Dick factor which sucks us back to 8-8

acehole
01-06-2009, 09:22 AM
The point was that a backup is supposed to come in and not lose you games. Two weeks in a row with a 45 QB rating isn't going to get it done.

Here's hoping the FO doesn't put a bandaid on it.

Ok so another set up post to bash JP lossmen.

Got it.

It is getting old...

lukabrossi
01-06-2009, 09:35 AM
the weakness is coaching....don't kid yourselves, my friends.

Typ0
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok so another set up post to bash JP lossmen.

Got it.

It is getting old...

and your alternative is to praise JP for all the good times he would have brought here had the stars been aligned right for him?

justasportsfan
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Oh you're one of those guys? Right, Hamden. The undrafted, 3rd string QB guy. Yeah we certainly have a huge sample size to see what he is capable of. So friend it's not "period" because it didn't happen and you don't know really. You loose all credibility when you say things like that.

As for the topic, who cares? Hypotheticals can be fun, but not in the past tense. Losers talk like that.

Don't mind HH. Trent couldn't even do squat vs. a D like Cleveland yet he thinks it's a win PERIOD if either Trent or Hamdam was in there vs. a tream with a better D. :crazy:

justasportsfan
01-06-2009, 09:59 AM
and your alternative is to praise JP for all the good times he would have brought here had the stars been aligned right for him?
Says the Dick supporter. JP sucks after all these years yet Dick had created a winning culture. How ironic.