Really starting to think that Lee Evans sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Really starting to think that Lee Evans sucks.

This thread won't be popular but watching Fitzgerald beat double coverage for that first TD makes me realize how much of a play maker Evans isn't.
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: Really starting to think that Lee Evans sucks.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    This thread won't be popular but watching Fitzgerald beat double coverage for that first TD makes me realize how much of a play maker Evans isn't.
    Do you have ADD?
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

fitz is elite. period.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Lee Evans is mostly one thing, a deep threat.

You also wouldnt likely see Steve Smith or Randy Moss make that catch either. And yet I fully could see Boldin making that catch too.

Theres no doubt that we are an incomplete offense with just Evans, because we need his complement (the possession WR).

But Evans doesnt suck, your post sucks for saying that.. its a weak, unfactual comment made to simply entice responses... the type of stuff that you find on your average Yahoo board.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
          Lee Evans is mostly one thing, a deep threat.

You also wouldnt likely see Steve Smith or Randy Moss make that catch either. And yet I fully could see Boldin making that catch too.

Theres no doubt that we are an incomplete offense with just Evans, because we need his complement (the possession WR).

But Evans doesnt suck, your post sucks for saying that.. its a weak, unfactual comment made to simply entice responses... the type of stuff that you find on your average Yahoo board.
          What are we paying Evans? He's ranked 19th in th league. He sucks relative to what we are paying for.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

He may not suck but I don't believe he's a true number 1, regardless of OBD hype, fans overrating him or what he's paid.

I've said it before...expansion team WRs can put up the same numbers Evans does.

If that's good enough for you to say he's "great", so be it.

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

What are we paying Evans? He's ranked 19th in th league. He sucks relative to what we are paying for.
              Indeed.

However this is not a pass happy offence/system.

Put him on the rams or vikings and he would be top 6.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Uhh huh, lets cut him.

And what if Trent steps up next year, gets him the ball more and he plays up to his contract? It can completely happen. Although, I would offer that 1000+ yards isnt exactly crap.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by acehole
                  Indeed.

However this is not a pass happy offence/system.

Put him on the rams or vikings and he would be top 6.
                  Indeed.

Unless you look at the stats and see we threw the ball more than we ran it on the year.

479 pass attempts vs 439 rush attempts.

Oops.

Lee Evans beginning of his career = Kevin Johnson...production wise.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    He may not suck but I don't believe he's a true number 1, regardless of OBD hype, fans overrating him or what he's paid.

I've said it before...expansion team WRs can put up the same numbers Evans does.

If that's good enough for you to say he's "great", so be it.
                    For a #1 WR he sucks. I'm sticking to my statement. 19th in the league is pathetic.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Uhh huh, lets cut him.

And what if Trent steps up next year, gets him the ball more and he plays up to his contract? It can completely happen. Although, I would offer that 1000+ yards isnt exactly crap.
                      Did I say cut him? Did I?

He's just not a play-maker which this team is deperate for. The fact that teams can eliminate him from games so easily is saying something.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Did I say cut him? Did I?

He's just not a play-maker which this team is deperate for. The fact that teams can eliminate him from games so easily is saying something.
                        No problem,

Im sure I can then count on your vote for a WR in round 1? or a big trade for a proven pro-bowl level #1 WR?

Thats what I thought.

Hes pretty damn good and is the best we have and the most we will make a move for... So we ought to be behind him.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

No problem,

Im sure I can then count on your vote for a WR in round 1? or a big trade for a proven pro-bowl level #1 WR?

Thats what I thought.

Hes pretty damn good and is the best we have and the most we will make a move for... So we ought to be behind him.
                          Unfortunately it just means that we have to get a very good #2 that almost a #1.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

He doesn't "suck." I would say that he is pretty average though. He reminds me of a faster Donte Stallworth. Electrifying #2 guy but needs to work on his routes a bit before he can be considered a true #1, IMO. Lee clearly has all the tools to be elite, he is one of the fastest wideouts in the NFL, he should be getting great seperation and he has soft hands.. Tyke needs to get Lee caught up on them routes and breaking off his routes when Trent is getting blitzed. I really wish Lee would watch some tape on a WR by the name of Derek Mason, probably one of the smartest WR's I've ever seen when it comes to finding soft spots in zones.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

The easiest arguement to make is this:

On the Bills list of problems, Lee Evans is in the bottom 5

Comment

Working...
                              X