PDA

View Full Version : Really starting to think HHURRICANE sucks.

BillsWin
01-03-2009, 04:19 PM
This thread will be popular but watching HHURRICANE make all these negative bashing threads makes me realize how much of a non- play maker HHURRICANE is.

jk Hurricane. but in all seriousness, Lee Evans is the best we got, he's proven he's a number one in Buffalo, and yes, he's not a Fitz. But I'll take Evans over TO, Chad Johnson and half the number 1's out there.

He plays hard. Loves this team and can get some good production.

GET HIM THE BALL!!!!

HHURRICANE
01-03-2009, 04:28 PM
This thread will be popular but watching HHURRICANE make all these negative bashing threads makes me realize how much of a non- play maker HHURRICANE is.

jk Hurricane. but in all seriousness, Lee Evans is the best we got, he's proven he's a number one in Buffalo, and yes, he's not a Fitz. But I'll take Evans over TO, Chad Johnson and half the number 1's out there.

He plays hard. Loves this team and can get some good production.

GET HIM THE BALL!!!!

That's pretty funny.

After beating Ellison in a foot race I am planning an attempt on making an NFL team next year and see if I can score more than the 3 TDs that Evans got this year!!

Mr. Pink
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Is he truly the best we have though?

Lee Evans 118 catches the past two seasons...

Josh Reed 107.

If Reed doesn't get hurt this year, not only does Reed lead the team in receptions this year but the past two combined as well.

I can only think of a few other teams that Lee would be the number 1.

Like, Miami, KC for example.

Just watch what Boldin did there on that last TD...Lee Evans would have never done that.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2009, 04:34 PM

Josh Reed 107.

If Reed doesn't get hurt this year, not only does Reed the team in receptions this year but the past two combined as well.

Just watch what Boldin did there on that last TD...Lee Evans would have never done that.

Exactly. We don't have any players on offense that teams really have to work hard to game for. Maybe Fred Jackson.

BillsWin
01-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Im glad you enjoyed it HH! :D

HHURRICANE
01-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Im glad you enjoyed it HH! :D

I learned long ago not to take myself that seriously. It makes life alot more enjoyable.

Enjoyed the laugh!!

BillsWin
01-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I learned long ago not to take myself that seriously. It makes life alot more enjoyable.

Enjoyed the laugh!!

haha good. lord knows we all need one after the season we went through! :up:

BillsFever21
01-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Of course Evans isn't a Fitzgerald. How many players are?

How many teams do have a player of Fitzgerald's caliber? Only a handful do because he is an elite talent.

Evan's is not elite but he is a good player. When your QB and offense is as bad as our's then of course his stats will suffer.

We have a QB who only had 10 TD's all season and does nothing but dump the ball off. What do you expect?

Evans had a great season the year JP had around 20 TD's and JP sucks too.

Evans is a downfield big play WR and that is why he had success with JP.

Trent is unable to get the ball downfield and that takes away from Evans' game. By not stretching the field that in turn hurts Trent and our offense because the defense can easily cover all the short routes.

Until the above changes then this will be the case. Evans is not elite but can be very good in the right offense.

BillsFever21
01-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Look at Braylon Edwards. He is a top tier WR but had a horrible year because they had a horribe offense and a QB that couldn't get him the ball. They didn't even score a TD the last 6 weeks of the year.

Do you think Evans would have the same stats if he played with Manning or Rivers?

Even Joe Flacco was better then Trent. Do the Ravens have good weapons? Not even close.

Point is that Evans' success will come with our QB's success and right now we do not have a QB that has been worth a damn.

Just because you blindly support Trent it doesn't mean you push all the blame elsewhere. I don't see any threads about our QB only having 10 TD's all season. Not to mention about 15+ total TO's. How many times can someone fumble? All this with the easiest schedule we could possibly have.

Marvelous
01-03-2009, 09:52 PM
If WE stick it out with Trent Edwards then we are screwed with Evans as our #1 WR..
-Evans - deep threat---Trent Edwards- no deep arm..
--Reed- short yardage threat.---Trent Edwards loves Reed.
Coincidence? Cmon now..
---Evans doesn't suck though. This is a fact. He lacked teh attempts..Why weren't teh attempts there though? Evans couln't get open,, or Edwards was looking to Reed 1st, then the flats,,then Evans?

---We need a possesion type #1 w/ Trent Edwards..I hope Hardy or Steve Johnson can evolve/progress into that role for our offenses futures sake...

TacklingDummy
01-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Watching Fitz, Bolden, Wayne yesterday made me miss the days when Buffalo had a #1 WR.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2009, 07:46 AM
why do people continue to insiste that edwards cant throw deep? from what I see he can laser it 30 yds with no problem.

does he chuck it 60yds in the air and hope someone can run under it? not much, but i'll take a 30 yds laser 5 times a game over one lucky bomb once every 3 games (see Losman) anyday.

Oh, and I think HHurricane and I think alot alike..... pretty cynical about our beloved team

Jan Reimers
01-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Evans has been involved in a QB mess here almost from day one. The Bledsoe-JP-Holcomb-JP-Edwards-JP-Edwards carousel, that is. None of these guys resembles a decent NFL QB.

Also, he has mostly played in predictable, conservative offensive schemes that don't take advantage of his speed and downfield skills. Reed is good, but doesn't prevent Evans from being double-teamed.

Like some other good Bills' players, Evans would benefit by an infusion of talent and coaching that would use his strengths.

Buckets
01-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I've been saying for weeks now, we need a #1 receiver. We already have our #2, actually several of them.

Tatonka
01-04-2009, 09:38 AM

Josh Reed 107.

If Reed doesn't get hurt this year, not only does Reed lead the team in receptions this year but the past two combined as well.

you think evans would be the number one over bowe? doubtful

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2009, 09:50 AM
That's pretty funny.

After beating Ellison in a foot race I am planning an attempt on making an NFL team next year and see if I can score more than the 3 TDs that Evans got this year!!

That is still as stupid as it was the first time you said it.

You can run a 4.7 40? Really?

At your age (no offense) and not being a professionally trained athlete?

Tatonka
01-04-2009, 10:09 AM
after watching ellison play this year.. im thinking it is a more around a 5.7

HHURRICANE
01-04-2009, 10:15 AM
That is still as stupid as it was the first time you said it.

You can run a 4.7 40? Really?

At your age (no offense) and not being a professionally trained athlete?

Ellison is not running a 4.7 40!!

Did you watch him?

Yes, I can take him.

patmoran2006
01-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Edwards problems are his lack of talent (at WR and especially TE), an OC he doesnt like, bad decisions at times, and an overall lack of confidence at times (to be expected with most young QBs)

His problem is NOT his arm.. He has a very good arm.. Anyone who says otherwise is out of their mind.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Edwards problems are his lack of talent (at WR and especially TE), an OC he doesnt like, bad decisions at times, and an overall lack of confidence at times (to be expected with most young QBs)

His problem is NOT his arm.. He has a very good arm.. Anyone who says otherwise is out of their mind.

Did anyone watch the San Diego game yesterday? Do you really believe that Rivers is better than Edwards? His deep ball was completely shut down yesterday. The difference is that he has a real TE that he used exclusively.

Edwards has the arm and the talent and the brains.

Great poast Pat!!