• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

My OffSeason Wish List is Currently 4 Deep

These are the guys, at least at this time I'd really like to get our hands on.

We have cap room, Ralph said we dont have the talent and kept our bum Head Coach, which would supposedly mean we're going to active in FA.

And since our front four is a joke, I"m assuming we're going to cut the hell out Chris Kelsay freeing up even more cap money.

Anyway

1- Jason Brown, C (Balt)- best OL in Free Agency, I think at least.

2- Bertrand Berry, DE (Ariz)- 11-year vet but can still reck havoc, would be a tremendous stop gap DE while either Ellis develops and/or we draft a DE early in April.

3- Bo Scaife, TE (Tenn)- SOLID all around TE, if he played in a different system he'd have more catches, and he's a solid blocker.. Would be a tremendous asset for Edwards.

4- Angelo Crowell, LB (Buff)- I'd like to bring him back. I dont think Arizona lets Dansby hit the market, and even if he did someone will throw too much money at him. SCott (Ravens) isn't much better than Crowell, IMO and would cost far more.

We also obviously need a backup QB; I dont really give a **** about any of the backups that are scheduled to become FA. Im sure Buffalo will be very patient with that.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: My OffSeason Wish List is Currently 4 Deep

I'm sorry Pat but Scott is ALOT better than Crowell and that's coming from one of the biggest Skoob's floating around here and even I can see that.

I didn't know that Scaife is a FA, I would like that signing alot but I have some concerns that you will see when you read further on..

I really like Brown as well, add a FA like Brandon Jones in there and we're golden.

Berry would be nice as well, although I would prefer it if we focued our funds on Suggs and Brown, with a veteran WR like Brandon Jones from TEN and then we could draft a TE like Coffman. I don't think that Scaife would be a big enough upgrade to justify cutting tides with Royal.

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

So Ellis or a draft pick would be better then Chris Kelsay? I don't understand how anyone could not put all the facts into the situations before saying "Suck or Bust."
      --I had hoped for more form Kelsay once Schobel went down but as soon as I/WE saw rRyan Denney suck-ass it became obvious that Kelsay was gonna struggle due to NO-HELP from the other side...I'm all for upgrading, but isn't Kelsay reliable as long as we have talent on teh other side?

--Any chance Schobel comes back and dominates again? If he does then IMO Kelsay improves automaticaly. right?
      ---I like getting Bert Berry from Cards, maybe he oculd mean teh end of Ryan Denney. And with a roatation of Schobel,Berry & Kelsay & rookieor/Ellis then IMO we are super improved already.
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• superbills
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Marvelous
        So Ellis or a draft pick would be better then Chris Kelsay? I don't understand how anyone could not put all the facts into the situations before saying "Suck or Bust."
        --I had hoped for more form Kelsay once Schobel went down but as soon as I/WE saw rRyan Denney suck-ass it became obvious that Kelsay was gonna struggle due to NO-HELP from the other side...I'm all for upgrading, but isn't Kelsay reliable as long as we have talent on teh other side?

--Any chance Schobel comes back and dominates again? If he does then IMO Kelsay improves automaticaly. right?
        ---I like getting Bert Berry from Cards, maybe he oculd mean teh end of Ryan Denney. And with a roatation of Schobel,Berry & Kelsay & rookieor/Ellis then IMO we are super improved already.
        Schobel and dominate should never be used in the same sentence. When has he ever?
        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
        Ronald Reagan
        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

We have cap room, Ralph said we dont have the talent and kept our bum Head Coach, which would supposedly mean we're going to active in FA.

And since our front four is a joke, I"m assuming we're going to cut the hell out Chris Kelsay freeing up even more cap money.

Anyway

2- Bertrand Berry, DE (Ariz)- 11-year vet but can still reck havoc, would be a tremendous stop gap DE while either Ellis develops and/or we draft a DE early in April.

3- Bo Scaife, TE (Tenn)- SOLID all around TE, if he played in a different system he'd have more catches, and he's a solid blocker.. Would be a tremendous asset for Edwards.

4- Angelo Crowell, LB (Buff)- I'd like to bring him back. I dont think Arizona lets Dansby hit the market, and even if he did someone will throw too much money at him. SCott (Ravens) isn't much better than Crowell, IMO and would cost far more.

We also obviously need a backup QB; I dont really give a **** about any of the backups that are scheduled to become FA. Im sure Buffalo will be very patient with that.
          agreed except the only way i want brown is if we dont get birk. i would like to see us get birk then draft a center to learn under him. but for what we will spend crowell is as good as it gets (he has already said he wants to come back, and his best buddy mitchell is on our team) and good call on scaife not only would he be a major upgrade but the kid is a raising star the past 2 years and its better to get him while he is still coming up than trade for a proven star like gonzo and pay 6-7 million a year for a tight end. scaife would be a deal while still being everything we need and more.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Anyway

The only one of those that might actually happen is Crowell. Brown is going to be targeted by at least 15 teams, Scaife is not that great and I think a TE will be targeted in the draft which is deep at TE. Bertrand Berry is too old, we already have an aging DE or 2, we need to draft the best possible DE.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Marvelous

I did not say that Ellis or a draft pick woudl be better than Kelsay (although how much less production could they give). I said sign Berry and groom Ellis and a draft pick under him.

And why would Berry mean the end of Denney? Denney is more effective than Kelsay, and cheaper to boot.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Anyway

This is like 100 lawyers going over a cliff. A good start.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  The only one of those that might actually happen is Crowell. Brown is going to be targeted by at least 15 teams, Scaife is not that great and I think a TE will be targeted in the draft which is deep at TE. Bertrand Berry is too old, we already have an aging DE or 2, we need to draft the best possible DE.
                  when you say that TE is deep in the draft, do you mean as in we'd take a potential franchise TE in the first or second round.. Or are you talking about yet another long term "project" like Fine or Schouman?

WE need a TE via FA or the draft who can come in and matter from day one.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Let me help this thread:

1) Ellis will never, ever, develop into a pass rushing threat. I saw enough in one season to tell me we can cut him now and save the pain.

2) Anyone holding out hope that our 2 white starters, both well in their 30s, who were completely healthy in 2007 and combined for 9 sacks, need to rethink their theory.

Please re-read #2!! Kelsay and Schobel were both healthy and combined for 9 sacks. That's our fearsome ends!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Let me help this thread:

1) Ellis will never, ever, develop into a pass rushing threat. I saw enough in one season to tell me we can cut him now and save the pain.

2) Anyone holding out hope that our 2 white starters, both well in their 30s, who were completely healthy in 2007 and combined for 9 sacks, need to rethink their theory.

Please re-read #2!! Kelsay and Schobel were both healthy and combined for 9 sacks. That's our fearsome ends!!
                      I agree, HH, but I don't think age is the major factor so much as lack of talent. Schobel will turn 32 at the beginning of next season, while Kelsay will not turn 30 until midseason.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Get what you can for Schobel while he still has value.

3rd round pick anybody?

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          Get what you can for Schobel while he still has value.

3rd round pick anybody?
                          If Schobel can return I'd rather keep him over Kelsay or Denney, but We need someone much better then Schobel as our star end

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

when you say that TE is deep in the draft, do you mean as in we'd take a potential franchise TE in the first or second round.. Or are you talking about yet another long term "project" like Fine or Schouman?

WE need a TE via FA or the draft who can come in and matter from day one.
                            Im talking about drafting a second round TE with a DE in the first.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              If Schobel can return I'd rather keep him over Kelsay or Denney, but We need someone much better then Schobel as our star end
                              Schobel at this point would be so much better if he was our second best DE.

Comment

Working...
                              X